We check out the fast-paced third-person Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive to see just what it has in store.
Sunset Overdrive Reviewed
We take a look at Firaxis' sci-fi take on the Civ universe
Civilization: Beyond Earth Reviewed
We sit down with Blizzard's Ion Hazzikostas to talk all things World of Warcraft, including upcoming expansion Warlords of Draenor.
Talking Draenor with Ion Hazzikostas
Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
RIP Dennis Ferguson
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2462 posts
link

Police said the body of a 64-year-old man was found inside an apartment in Surry Hills on Sunday afternoon. There are believed to be no suspicious circumstances in his death.
10:48am 31/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:48am 31/12/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
21173 posts
His funeral will be held next Thursday.
10:52am 31/12/12 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4483 posts
BIH
11:02am 31/12/12 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
6356 posts
This scum doesn't deserve to have RIP next to his name.
11:05am 31/12/12 Permalink
Zakson
Gold Coast, Queensland
331 posts
I had to look up who it was ... and yeah why did you say RIP? You don't always have to be kind to the dead, they're not all deserving.

It should just read "Dennis Ferguson found dead". Bad thread title!
11:19am 31/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3980 posts
Change the thread title to RIH, Rot In Hell.
11:24am 31/12/12 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3717 posts
hope it was long and painful and full of demons
11:25am 31/12/12 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2893 posts
yeh why not just dead - instead of rip
11:38am 31/12/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10623 posts
that's the joke
11:52am 31/12/12 Permalink
slyin
Brisbane, Queensland
134 posts
its literally the joke guys..........
12:09pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Nukleuz
Perth, Western Australia
243 posts
...and it drew from me a decent chuckle.
12:33pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
21174 posts
12:42pm 31/12/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9712 posts
He died of shame ?

12:54pm 31/12/12 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4484 posts
Grog was his BFF. I guess the first cut is the deepest eh Grog
01:03pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5545 posts
lol RIP thread

That's two remarkable blokes we've lost this week.
Greig loved to taunt the Windies, Ferguson loved to haunt the kindys.
01:17pm 31/12/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8095 posts
Shame it was natural causes...

Also, Dahzel nice!

Try this though

What's the major difference between Tony Greig and Dennis Ferguson?
Greig taunted the Windies,
Feguson haunted Kindies.
02:13pm 31/12/12 Permalink
jum
Brisbane, Queensland
664 posts
What was the main difference between Neil Armstrong and Michael Jackson?

Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon. Michael Jackson f***ed little boys in the arse.
04:48pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20463 posts
Wonder how he went, I'm betting it was the old choke and stroke
04:51pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Zak
Brisbane, Queensland
2947 posts
God damn, was so tempted to post something similar on Facebook yesterday, but was worried people wouldn't get the joke. Judging by the first few responses in this thread, I made a good choice.

F*****g lol. But yes, good riddance.
05:11pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
6241 posts
goodnight sweet prince
05:14pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Insom
Canada
4178 posts
we hardly knew ye
05:21pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Crusher
Sydney, New South Wales
1222 posts
Another angel just joined Rockape in heaven
05:46pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Zakson
Gold Coast, Queensland
332 posts
Someone want to explain the joke?
05:54pm 31/12/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8098 posts
Someone want to explain the joke?

Really?
06:01pm 31/12/12 Permalink
slyin
Brisbane, Queensland
135 posts
hahahaha Dazhel

last edited by slyin at 20:19:42 31/Dec/12
08:18pm 31/12/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9715 posts
Ferguson's relationship with the media began early with an appearance on the front page of the Herald in 1958, photographed as a 6-year-old handing the Queen Mother a bouquet of flowers during her visit to a school for the blind in Wahroonga, where Ferguson, who is legally blind, was a student.

Several years later, Ferguson would be sexually abused by his mother's partner before being placed in a state home at age 15.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/paedophile-ferguson-fought-to-the-end-20121231-2c2f0.html

the pedo that molested ferguson is responsible for fergusons victims too.

09:03pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Obes
Brisbane, Queensland
9878 posts
Nature or nurture ? ...

It's not quite as simple as the bogans make it sound.
He should never have been let out on the streets, but no one should have wanted him dead. He was f***ed up because he had been f***ed up.

To be quite honest I am not sure which I detest more Denis Ferguson or Hetty Johnston.
10:07pm 31/12/12 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2465 posts
Apparently he was the perfect reformed ex-crim by the end of it all, he lived out the rest of his days in Sydney with his gay lover.

By the way he looked in some of his more recent photos I wouldn't be surprised if cancer got him.
10:19pm 31/12/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2433 posts
Thanks for providing some genuine perspective in the thread FaceMan.

As Obes said it's not as simple as people make it sound. Sure he did terrible things, and yes he definitely should never have been released and basically hidden from people, so relief I understand, but to celebrate his death is taking it a bit far.

Unless you subscribe to the kind of dumbed-down, simplified view of the world that many religions provide, you have to admit that there isn't really such a thing as someone being 'pure evil'. People are always how they are for a reason, whether it's a mental defect, or how they were brought up, or who knows what else? Society is much happier to dismiss someone as evil because it basically absolves them of any responsibility for how that person has become the way they are. I don't know about you guys, but I find it pretty hard to blame someone for those things out of their control that made them who they were.
10:26pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
21175 posts
He will be missed. He reached out and touched so many.
10:50pm 31/12/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8102 posts
Apparently he was the perfect reformed ex-crim by the end of it all, he lived out the rest of his days in Sydney with his gay lover.

From Faceman's link

In the end Ferguson, who police say was found in his apartment on Sunday afternoon amid no suspicious circumstances, died as he lived much of his life – in combat with police, the media and the state government.

Ferguson was due to appear back in court next week, charged with attempting to do volunteer work with children in Sydney's eastern suburbs.

Police said he had tried to sign up for the volunteer program in October and November in Bondi Junction without informing police.

He was charged with one count of breaching a prohibition order, which was not to approach any child for 14 years, or work with children.

Yup, sounds real reformed...

I don't care how f***ed up your life was, at some point, he made a conscious choice to perpetuate what he had been subjected to whereas a decent human being would have thought "I can't ever let that happen to someone else" whether it be sexually, mentally or some other form of abuse to an innocent woman, child, sibling, relative or acquaintance.

And no, I'm not going to discuss this any further.
This is my steadfast opinion and don't see myself being swayed anytime soon.

Yup, 2013, year sounds better already.
11:58pm 31/12/12 Permalink
slamma
Perth, Western Australia
82 posts
I don't care how f***ed up your life was, at some point, he made a conscious choice to perpetuate what he had been subjected to whereas a decent human being would have thought "I can't ever let that happen to someone else" whether it be sexually, mentally or some other form of abuse to an innocent woman, child, sibling, relative or acquaintance.

Well said mate.
01:38pm 01/01/13 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2467 posts
And no, I'm not going to discuss this any further.
This is my steadfast opinion and don't see myself being swayed anytime soon.

At least your honest in your ignorance.
03:15pm 01/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22008 posts
You know I really can't disagree with this.

Except that doesn't mean the causes for his behavior shouldn't be explored. If it helps to rehabilitate people or at the very least helps to reduce the chance that people will re-offend how can it possibly be a bad thing?
03:39pm 01/01/13 Permalink
Obes
Brisbane, Queensland
9879 posts

At some point he went from being an innocent kid to being something other than a "decent human being" ... why ?

3 (overly simplistic) choices:
1. Nurture
2. Nature
3. Demons ...

I doubt it was nature it implies there is a gene (or combination of genes) for pedophilia, and demons seem as unlikely as purple flying spaghetti monsters. Yes that is probably some form of fallacy, but as a society we failed him and in doing so ruined the lives of the families he touched (so to speak), and currently we don't know how.

Don't get me wrong he should never have been let out again. But we as a society should not have carried on the way we did with the burning of effigies, coffins and bulls***. And we should have looked in to how and why more.

Short version bogan vilification of individuals does not solve the long term problem nor restore the victims...
09:13pm 01/01/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9718 posts
Don't get me wrong he should never have been let out again. But we as a society should not have carried on the way we did with the burning of effigies, coffins and bulls***.

Seems like what people in India did to make sure their Government took action against grubs.
People dont want pedophiles back in Society.
You can add rapists to the list too.

Government needs to find a solution or the Public will.

11:40pm 01/01/13 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
21178 posts
Why not just shoot them in the head? Why find a solution. The Government doesn't need to find s***.
04:43am 02/01/13 Permalink
l3wd_5c0ff
Brisbane, Queensland
2425 posts
Groganus' next thread : Babysitter Wanted
08:53am 02/01/13 Permalink
Insom
Canada
4180 posts
I doubt it was nature it implies there is a gene (or combination of genes) for pedophilia, and demons seem as unlikely as purple flying spaghetti monsters.

maybe some people are just wired that way

this guy went to prison and got the holy crap kicked out of him so much it caused that face thing he had, and he still kept doing it
10:59am 02/01/13 Permalink
peterson
Brisbane, Queensland
1 posts
Fergy ..as he was known to me and others who knew him growing up, was a decent guy ...id even say a f*****g hardout cainer, used to lend me his duncan ferguson to play club cricket on satday arvo's, for that alone i cant really hate on the guy, we heard rumors years later that he developed a penchant for the male member but never knew he would grow into the beast he did.

He made kick ass waffles.

rip lil fergy (thats what we called him)
09:34pm 02/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22025 posts
used to lend me his duncan ferguson to play club cricket on satday arvo
Nice troll but legally blind people don't own cricket bats.
09:39pm 02/01/13 Permalink
peterson
Brisbane, Queensland
2 posts
No trolling broe, me and a bunch of fools grew up knowing him. Will admitting this get me le banned? i dont want to be bant
09:44pm 02/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22026 posts
Poor Door needs attention :(
10:00pm 02/01/13 Permalink
l3wd_5c0ff
Brisbane, Queensland
2429 posts
Poor Door needs attention :(

i reckon youre way off.
10:28pm 02/01/13 Permalink