Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
DayZ - Bus Tour
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6214 posts
Fast forward to 10:30.

Worth a few lolz

11:50am 26/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:50am 26/12/12 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5649 posts
Hahaha that is awesome. Who ever that guy is awesome!

Player created events like this are amazing. It could easily be a dev created event in some ways.

When you log off what happens to your person?
12:07pm 26/12/12 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1864 posts
haha, that was gold.
12:25pm 26/12/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
3031 posts
Haha great bus tour.
01:31pm 26/12/12 Permalink
Rohan
Sydney, New South Wales
178 posts
hahha, great vid, nice find there :p

guys, sorry to go a bit off topic but I could use some help,
I'm looking to start playing Dayz again (after several months. I quit back in July or so because of hackers, etc)
I know a lot since then has changed, and I'm thinking i'll just download the DayZ commander application to set it all up again. So firstly, I have Arma 2: CO through steam, so will dayz commander just overwrite all the s*** and reinstall the beta patch? If not, do I have to delete it all then run DayZ commander?
Secondly, I've heard some rumours that people are now avoiding playing on the regular DayZ servers and are now playing on private servers with no hackers etc, what's the go with this? are many of you playing on privates or just regular servers?
Cheers for the help.
04:19pm 26/12/12 Permalink
Merlyn
Geelong, Victoria
833 posts
Yeah, regular Dayz, no whitelist/passwords are rife with hackers.
I admin on Gaming Australia DayZ, it is pretty popular.
Another one is Bolota Buddies.
Good luck with finding a server you enjoy :)
07:07pm 26/12/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3273 posts
Watched 4 mins. That was pretty good.

I should get back into Day Z. I played solo a while back and was finally getting the hang of collecting supplies / weapon / ammo n had finally found my first weapon + ammo after what i thought was a pretty epic journey. Then i broke my leg trying to crawl thru a door n CBF hooking up getting some1 from here to deliver me aid. Havent played since.

Anybody got a quick run down of whats been added? There seems to be plenty of vehicles.

Also, my biggest issue was how slow the game was when starting over. Playing solo i would sneak around for hours checking out the red locations for weapons / ammo. Im guessing playing with a friend could speed this up if he looted your body after death or helped watch out for bandits. Any other suggestions?

Finally, whats the go with the stand alone? Should i just wait for its release or is the mod version the way to keep playing?

Soz for all the questions, figure somebody in the know could give me a 2min answer instead of trawling for answers online. Thx.
12:29am 27/12/12 Permalink
Merlyn
Geelong, Victoria
834 posts
A quick guide to getting started in DayZ
First go to dayzdb to get the map.
then...
1. Find where is closest to where you spawn, Cherno, Elektro or Berez (prefer cherno)
2. Go to that town, and find fire station to get a weapon
3. Go to supermarket and get kit and food'n'drink
4. Go to deer stand and get better weapon
5. Check vehicle spawns, get mobile
6. Go to NWAF to get better gear
7. Get shot
8. Go to 1.
05:23pm 27/12/12 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4477 posts
A quick guide to getting started in DayZ
First go to dayzdb to get the map.
then...
1. Find where is closest to where you spawn, Cherno, Elektro or Berez (prefer cherno)
2. Go to that town, and find fire station to get a weapon
3. Go to supermarket and get kit and food'n'drink
4. Go to deer stand and get better weapon
5. Check vehicle spawns, get mobile
6. Go to NWAF to get better gear
7. Get shot
8. Go to 1.

Dont you need Arma2 as well?
06:30pm 27/12/12 Permalink
Merlyn
Geelong, Victoria
835 posts
Arma II and Arma II - Operation Arrowhead
09:42pm 27/12/12 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4478 posts
Arma II and Arma II - Operation Arrowhead

Cheers. Thats only $15bux total :) I'm thinking of getting into it but I get the impression that playing this solo would lack a lot.
Do you link up with other players online or do the players not organised into groups get slain by other players?
10:03pm 27/12/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3276 posts
Ive only ever played solo. At least 10 hrs of which much of that was spent on 1 long ass journey of mine trying to find my first weapon + ammo. Im sure playing with friends would be much better but i game @ varying hours n prefer to rely on myself for game time rather than hooking up a time with mates. Also, pretty sure you dont spawn together so it means finding eachother everytime some1 dies and that can mean big ass trips to meet up.

Most of my deaths have been from zombies with only 2 from bandits. Ive only had 2 encounters with other friendly players - both short lived but positive experiences. And 1 bout of hacking. I think the biggest factor are the massive maps and Ive rarely see other players apart from near spawn areas. So running around with mates is good for protection from bandits and easier raids but i dont think is crucial.

I played my DayZ time a few months ago so dunno what its been like since.
12:11am 28/12/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7628 posts
i'm looking forward to a 2012 version of dayz looks like fun
12:38am 28/12/12 Permalink
Merlyn
Geelong, Victoria
836 posts
A few more tips..
1. This is pretty much a MUST: Try and join a private hive. While no hive is 100% hacker proof ( we have not had one since we implemented a new whitelist, about 3 months ago) it will drastically reduce the probabilities.

2. Going solo can be both fun but arduous. Most PH's have a teamspeak, so ask around and join a group. My group started with 3 people, now is the largest clan on the server (though i keep referring to it as a "loose coalition of forces"

3. You will die... often and sometimes mysteriously (because it's DayZ). Accept it and move on.

Any other questions, feel free to ask :)
10:07am 28/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:07am 28/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.