Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Developer Interview
We take a nostalgic look back at one of the best N64 games to ever be made, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Throwback Thursday - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Happy Festivus - A Festivus for the Restivus
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21984 posts
google knows what's up

Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.

The doll was destroyed. But out of that a new holiday was born: a Festivus for the rest of us!

Happy Festivus everyone. LET'S RUMBBBBBLLLEEEE!!!!
02:22pm 23/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:22pm 23/12/12 Permalink
l3wd_5c0ff
Brisbane, Queensland
2407 posts
I played a word game today

Q : inventor of Festivus
A : Okeefe

I thought it was Costanza.

Wow. Just read link. Celebrated as early as 1966. Impressive.

last edited by l3wd_5c0ff at 14:28:26 23/Dec/12
02:26pm 23/12/12 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
7178 posts
Happy pagan Scandinavian holiday b******!
02:35pm 23/12/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9700 posts
04:03pm 23/12/12 Permalink
kappa
Brisbane, Queensland
2007 posts
I'll get the pole out of the crawl space!
04:18pm 23/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21054 posts
wtf is going on in this thread
06:16pm 23/12/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34810 posts
festivus?
06:16pm 23/12/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21986 posts
festivus?
Welcome, new comers. The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it!

You, trog. My son tells me your company stinks! You couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe...I lost my train of thought.
07:03pm 23/12/12 Permalink
HurricaneJim
Brisbane, Queensland
1289 posts
I just wanted to say, to everyone on Ausgamers have a really great Christmas, and a happy new year. That goes especially to Trog and Erol who've put up with me a fair bit. If you're in NSW don't forget it's double demerit points. Drive safe take it easy. Have a good break. See you in early Jan.

And to any who may be offended at the term Merry Christmas....

In the meantime please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the summer solstice holiday practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious / secular persuasions and / or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2013m, but not without due respect for the calendar of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great (not to imply that Australia is necessarily greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her / him or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. The wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Best Regards (without prejudice)

Name withheld (Privacy Act)
07:15pm 23/12/12 Permalink
kappa
Brisbane, Queensland
2008 posts
Welcome, new comers. The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it!You, trog. My son tells me your company stinks! You couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe...I lost my train of thought.

Lol
09:09pm 23/12/12 Permalink
redhat
Sydney, New South Wales
861 posts
haha, massive chuckle at the festivus pole on the google search page.

When do the feats of strength start?

Merry festivus QGLers.
10:14am 24/12/12 Permalink
Reality
Sydney, New South Wales
435 posts
google knows what's up

no bagel no bagel no bagel
11:44am 24/12/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21989 posts
haha, massive chuckle at the festivus pole on the google search page.
Another Festivus miracle!
06:04pm 24/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:04pm 24/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.