We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Runscape TV Commerical
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2458 posts
So about a week ago my 9yr old asks me if he can play Runescape, I was distracted at the time and didn't really listen and dismissed... But today he was watching his kids cartoons and being that season period and me being bored out of my brains I sit down for 2 seconds to watch some very very very very very s*** Ben 10 (seriously I don't get this crap) and a Runscape Commercial comes on TV...

2 Things surprise me about this....

1. This game is still going
2. They are advertising during kids prime time (get em while they are young).

How many of you creeps still play this s***?
11:51am 23/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:51am 23/12/12 Permalink
Tele
Gold Coast, Queensland
331 posts
hahaha.. Speaking of runescape, when i was at woolworths i was looking at gift cards for Christmas and i noticed Runescape cards i was quiet surprised this game is still running.
12:01pm 23/12/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8310 posts
Yeah Runescape is still going pretty strong to this day. They have actually overhauled the entire game with actual classes now, new combat and some updated graphics. I think the company behind it, Jagex, is bringing out a space game soon though I haven't paid much attention.

I still remember my old level 99 mage/wizard thing that would tell new players to come into the wilderness and we'd gank 'em.
12:33pm 23/12/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7070 posts
It's been over 10 years since we played that, it's basically become an inter generational mmo...
01:07pm 23/12/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16421 posts
i never played runescape.
01:14pm 23/12/12 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
445 posts
Yeah, never played it. I had standards :P
01:25pm 23/12/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1084 posts
I have always herd of it but never played it. Looked pretty ghetto.
03:29pm 23/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21055 posts
Ben 10 is f*****g awesome.

Don't even know what runescape is though.
06:18pm 23/12/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6716 posts
Typo in subject makes it sound like an MMO about food-poisoning.
06:38pm 23/12/12 Permalink
simul
Brisbane, Queensland
1453 posts
Only people I've heard of it from in the last 5 years is friends kids.
08:01pm 23/12/12 Permalink
eXemplar
Brisbane, Queensland
2819 posts
I was once involved with getting 15,000 accounts banned from runescape, and that's my story.
01:50am 24/12/12 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2459 posts
Well I fired this game up yesterday to give it a run over.

It has improved in the last 10 years, it's still a piece of turd.

I won't be letting my son play it purely cause I don't want to explain why its a non responsive piece of buggy crap.
07:30am 24/12/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1113 posts
Well I fired this game up yesterday to give it a run over. It has improved in the last 10 years, it's still a piece of turd.I won't be letting my son play it purely cause I don't want to explain why its a non responsive piece of buggy crap.

Best he learns these things the hard way,

I used to play when it was crappy 2d graphics ... was something to do at work lol.
03:30pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7072 posts
I'm sort of a 2D-4eva kind of guy on this one, unsure if biased or if it actually is easier to just make things out in the simpler version as I think.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/09/Runescape-Classic1.jpghttp://www.mmo-vault.net/sites/all/files/images/gallery/screenshots_06a_a.jpg
03:50pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Mr.Bumpy
Melbourne, Victoria
558 posts
I remember playing this casually during my VCE (2001/2002) back when it had the simpler solid colour graphics. I remember committing genocide on cows, starting fires, cooking (and burning) meat, gathering grains, grinding flour, buying bowls, turning flour and water into dough; combining it all then baking (and burning) them in ovens just so I could give myself and mates meat pies for health points!
04:00pm 26/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:00pm 26/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close