Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Developer Interview
We take a nostalgic look back at one of the best N64 games to ever be made, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Throwback Thursday - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Road rage to the extreme
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16401 posts
work colleagues told me about this today so i had to check it out. f*****g crazy.

08:17pm 19/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:17pm 19/12/12 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10420 posts
yeah pretty crazy hey
i maintain that navara drivers are generally asshats
08:28pm 19/12/12 Permalink
Alize`
Brisbane, Queensland
1714 posts
I really want to set up a camera like that to record when I drive in case I see something like this or an accident. Anyone got any cheap ideas or do it already with their smartphone or something?
08:34pm 19/12/12 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3829 posts
I actually record everything whilst I drive for this very reason, you never know when it'll come in handy. So many psyhco f***tard drivers on the road. I'm using a gopro camera. I also use it for when I do silly s*** on the jetski etc.
08:44pm 19/12/12 Permalink
Ozzy
Gold Coast, Queensland
248 posts
Check out his angry man boobs...... f*****g hilarious

All he needs a is a "Queenslander!" sticker on his car.
08:47pm 19/12/12 Permalink
Vash
3627 posts
Wouldnt mind a camera setup that records 8 hours of driving a day, and a button to wipe it if theres no incident by the end of the day. im on the road all the time and it would be nice considering some of the s*** ive seen drivers pull.
08:51pm 19/12/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15523 posts
Generally these type of in car cameras automatically loop and delete old files, I've used one model from a Taiwanese company called "DOD" which was quite reliable, only the battery cooked in my hot car. I've since had three Blackvue (Korean) units but honestly I'm not having much luck with them, they're very heat sensitive and not good for parking outside. a 32GB SD card will record a s*** load of footage, and also provide GPS maps and speed readouts.
08:56pm 19/12/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13269 posts
lol what a porkchop
09:00pm 19/12/12 Permalink
Tanaka Khan
Brisbane, Queensland
5334 posts
A couple of other people have come forward about this same guy too. He's claiming it's all fake.
09:09pm 19/12/12 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5302 posts
09:09pm 19/12/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3699 posts
D*** Smith have some cheap ones at the moment, dad grabbed one, does the job, not so much cheap and nasty more cheap and feature lacking.
09:11pm 19/12/12 Permalink
l3wd_5c0ff
Brisbane, Queensland
2403 posts
Ive always maintained that d*******s drive those lolly utes and this helps proove that.
Cant believe the victim didnt do some kick ass damage with that hectic bull bar.
09:23pm 19/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21032 posts
trolley bar will fix him
09:26pm 19/12/12 Permalink
l3wd_5c0ff
Brisbane, Queensland
2404 posts
Good old trolley bar.
Was just saying to my friend that old mate needed one of those.
09:33pm 19/12/12 Permalink
Vash
3628 posts
Still curious what this guy did to provoke such craziness.. conveniently missing from the video.
09:34pm 19/12/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3700 posts
looks like two lanes turned into one after a roundabout, ute was trying to fly pass the 4wd, 4wd merged into the other lane, ute had no where to go and hit him up the backside, then the 4wd kept driving and didn't stop, ute driver then went skitz.
09:40pm 19/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21034 posts
looks like two lanes turned into one after a roundabout, ute was trying to fly pass the 4wd, 4wd merged into the other lane, ute had no where to go and hit him up the backside, then the 4wd kept driving and didn't stop, ute driver then went skitz.

ute was in the wrong then. With no lane merging markings, whoever is in front has right of way.

Would you pull over if you saw some crazy bogan waving at you and trying to force you off the road? I sure as f*** wouldn't. I'd make a run for the nearest cop shop at warp 9 (or whatever).
09:55pm 19/12/12 Permalink
sleepy
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
2342 posts
I really want to set up a camera like that to record when I drive in case I see something like this or an accident. Anyone got any cheap ideas or do it already with their smartphone or something?

i think scuzzy or someone did a quick clip in his wheels a while back.
10:01pm 19/12/12 Permalink
sleepy
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
2343 posts
10 seconds in.
"Sunday drive on the SOUTHSIDE of Brisbane."
Just another day in the hood.
10:04pm 19/12/12 Permalink
BOHEMION
Brisbane, Queensland
560 posts
I currently run a full police style ICV system in my vehicle.. two cameras, one front, one rear. GPS, wireless Mic and wireless access.

I have a spare one if anyone is interested ;)

It is one of THE most valuable tools available to people today. In an ever growing society of people who shy away from basic accountability I believe it is vital for people to run even the most basic form of in car recorder.

last edited by BOHEMION at 22:12:47 19/Dec/12
10:10pm 19/12/12 Permalink
shad
Brisbane, Queensland
3852 posts
Teq bought a Navara?
10:12pm 19/12/12 Permalink
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Sydney, New South Wales
20949 posts
crazy s***

meth head or some form of druggie no doubt
10:13pm 19/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21035 posts
I'm another go-pro user. Waterproof case, camera is built to take a knock, etc. It doesn't to automagic start / stop like some of the dedicated car camera things but it's what I already own and I can put it anywhere, inside, outside, underneath, on the roof, on the wing, in the foot well to capture my pro heel & toe action, etc.

In the end though I stopped using it because I just couldn't be bothered taking it out every day to delete the movies, and putting it back in the next day.
10:13pm 19/12/12 Permalink
Herron
Brisbane, Queensland
163 posts
then the 4wd kept driving and didn't stop, ute driver then went skitz

The bloke didn't stop because numbnuts went skitz.
10:17pm 19/12/12 Permalink
Reality
Sydney, New South Wales
430 posts
while we're on the topic of stuff that happens on the road...

10:21pm 19/12/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15524 posts
i think scuzzy or someone did a quick clip in his wheels a while back.
Might have been Raraku, I've not posted anything worthwhile from my Camera.
10:44pm 19/12/12 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9796 posts
didn't see the follow up... did the guy hand himself in or is he still avoiding the cops?
10:52pm 19/12/12 Permalink
Karmadelik
Brisbane, Queensland
196 posts
friend of mine bought a Hero 3 - GoPro.
He's had nothing but problems with it since it keeps freezing during the menu selection. It's aparantly a very common issue. Until GoPro acknowledge this and release a fix for it, I'd wait on buying one, maybe get an alternative brand.
10:53pm 19/12/12 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3831 posts
yeah I have hero3 black edition, frequently get file corruption error but I think this might be due to the extreme heat buildup in car when parked in sun.

There is a new firmware update, might fix a few issues.
11:34pm 19/12/12 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3832 posts
In the end though I stopped using it because I just couldn't be bothered taking it out every day to delete the movies, and putting it back in the next day.

in the menu system there is a delete all option. do it all in the comfort of your own car when the SD card gets full.
11:39pm 19/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21036 posts
could always try the competition
http://contour.com/

I'd link to the proper safety camera things but a google search for "in car safety camera" gets me nothing but links on illegal number plate covers to avoid speed traps, and how to detect radars. lolwut.

in the menu system there is a delete all option. do it all in the comfort of your own car when the SD card gets full.
The camera is on the window, facing forwards, I'd have to take it out of the case in order to get at the menu, and to take it out of the case I'd need to remove it from the window because the little hitch on top is too close to get my finger in. I didn't design the bracket to be user friendly, I designed it to hold that mofo on tight so I could kain the titties off my car and not have the camera fall off (intended for track days).
11:42pm 19/12/12 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4471 posts
Nice report TodayTonight. So now they have this guy (the vic) identified to every nut bag in the world with his name, car description, rego plate. Why not just feed the f***wits with his home address while your at it?
12:16am 20/12/12 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2888 posts
Anyone else just waiting for the South African guy to pull out his alien arm and blow up the black ute then jump in a mech suit and also try to fly an alien space ship???
12:59am 20/12/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2219 posts
You cheaky fn prawn!
01:08am 20/12/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3258 posts
Awesome vid. Imagine how your heart would be pumping during that. Adrenaline to the max especially given the old guy would probably be f***ed up by the ute dude.

Been thinking about a helmet cam for the bike, and something for the car after seeing the crazy drivers during peak hour, and all those crazy russians drivers online. Im guessing any decent cam designed for this purpose would automatically loop and record over old footage once full. I remember there was a cam a while back they put in rental cars that only recorded 10 seconds or something and saved it after excessive G forces (acceleration or deceleration). This way they could see what was going on.

Like this. Looks like its 10secs before, plus 10 secs after.
01:12am 20/12/12 Permalink
Jim
UK
13137 posts
the offending guy in the OP video probably read cainer's posts in the climate change thread and lost the plot when he witnessed just how stupid some people are
06:07am 20/12/12 Permalink
Cheez
Brisbane, Queensland
734 posts
Yeah easy set up for the cameras, my old man has one set up in his ute, and hooked it into the ciggy lighter so it turns on when the car is running and records everything, if something happens take the memory card out, if not next time it turns on it rights over old footage. His is just a cheapy off ebay for around $40-50. Only had the one facing forwards till he got rear ended at a round about so now he has two.
06:48am 20/12/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8367 posts
Michelle Tapper (dat ass) on Sunrise is saying the guy turned himself into the police and claims the video is fake. He then proceeds to lash out at the camera man and the reporter that were at the station following him.
07:17am 20/12/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6208 posts
fake? really?

The skitzo bogan smashed a windscreen with his fist.

08:36am 20/12/12 Permalink
BlueWolf
Brisbane, Queensland
54 posts
Yep crazies out there indeed.

What gets me is how useless the police are in such a situation and accusatory the operator is, telling him to stop and check on the f*****g nut job who just leaped onto the bonnet and smashed the windscreen with his bare fists....

Like wtf... Makes you wonder if they'll also charge him for failing to stop at the scene of an accident, because I would have driven off too if the first thing the guy does is hammer past me and start waving his arms around.

I just love the fake comment... how do you fake that? Best CGI on the planet, quick George Lucas call that man and make a new new star wars!
09:10am 20/12/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7563 posts
For road users of all kind, we need a signed system where video can be taken and shown to be tampered with. Sadly the cops will only take their own word for anything being reported, even if you have multiple cameras looking at something that's happened when it comes to traffic offences.
We need a standard system where video devices can implement a method of signing the video data to ensure it's not been modified, and noone can scream "faaaake!" - and then this video required to be acted on.
09:20am 20/12/12 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2889 posts
Agree with above. Would love to immediately know that kid being taken by eagle is real. Adds awesomeness.
10:10am 20/12/12 Permalink
l3wd_5c0ff
Brisbane, Queensland
2406 posts
Thats some elaborate film doctoring. Love when people call fake on something impossible to fake.
10:18am 20/12/12 Permalink
Monkeez
Sydney, New South Wales
163 posts
Haha, what does fake even mean in the context of this kind of video?
10:20am 20/12/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3262 posts
Yeah that naked driver, WTF.
10:31am 20/12/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15525 posts
We need a standard system where video devices can implement a method of signing the video data to ensure it's not been modified, and noone can scream "faaaake!" - and then this video required to be acted on.
The Blackvue camera I bought has android based software that if you swap the Micro SD card into your phone, you can replay the footage immediately. Apparently they're working on a wifi version as well which I assume will mean more phones can access the video. Otherwise a lot of the cameras I saw in Taiwan have LCD screens for immediate play back. You won't have time to photoshop in some dinosaurs at the scene of an accident.

last edited by scuzzy at 10:37:31 20/Dec/12
10:35am 20/12/12 Permalink
do0b
Brisbane, Queensland
4481 posts
haha, fkn bogan tradies.
10:36am 20/12/12 Permalink
BOOST
Brisbane, Queensland
531 posts
I put it down to bogans insisting on driving around with windows down in this epic heat and not using their aircon
10:58am 20/12/12 Permalink
BOOST
Brisbane, Queensland
532 posts
BOHEMION can you post up more details of said camera system
11:00am 20/12/12 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3833 posts
did anyone notice the quake logo on the rear window of the black uterus?
11:11am 20/12/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3701 posts
I didn't say the ute driver was in the right, just how it looks to me. Without seeing what's going in the back, it might be the ute driver pulled over and then went skitz when the 4wd didn't pull over. Maybe the 4wd hit the ute at an intersection 100 meters down the road, we don't know. Doesn't excuse the psycho just possible reasons. Two sides to every story, etc. I've had to follow (not chase!) Someone who didn't even know that they had hit me. Another time I was rear ended stopped at a red light, guy drove off (leaving his front bumper and license plate on my towbar).
11:37am 20/12/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7027 posts
yeah it looks like at the start of the video the ute would have ran out of room trying to get around him. guy has to be high as hell to pursue someone so furiously. pretty astounding that more people didn't crash, vickers was pulling off some tight ones. hopefully f***wit gets locked up for a while. definitely fits the standard for angry bogans in oversized 4x4 utes.
11:49am 20/12/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7564 posts
Next on A Current Affair, the story from the side of the bogan chick in the ute with him - "I was in a ute and this crazy guy tried to run my partner off the road".
11:52am 20/12/12 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
8746 posts
hopefully f***wit gets locked up for a while.
Jail time is definitely appropriate but I doubt he gets any.

At the very minimum he should get 5+ years of suspension and the according fines.
12:00pm 20/12/12 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5633 posts
You a cop now CHUB?
12:02pm 20/12/12 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
8747 posts
Not sure what that's supposed to mean.

He is a legitimate danger to society, that's one of the reasons why we have prisons. I saw a guy receive jail time one day in court for simply driving on a suspended multiple times, the magistrate said "I have a duty to protect the public".

I think someone like that should get a short period of jail time, 5-10 years of suspension along with the fines.
12:12pm 20/12/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10605 posts
I would love to set up a camera like this and probably would have by now, however my car doesn't have enough power to run anything without f*****g up the car.
12:12pm 20/12/12 Permalink
ElectricBoogie
Brisbane, Queensland
51 posts
while we're on the topic of stuff that happens on the road...

Lucky they are covered in leather.
12:26pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Nukleuz
Perth, Western Australia
235 posts
Those drug test results are going to be interesting.

Also, how many of you would have been tempted to run the guy over after he fell off the bonnet? It would take a lot of control to not do it given the situation.
12:27pm 20/12/12 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5635 posts
It was question. Your post sounded very authoritative (vs "i think...") so I thought you had become a cop which doesn't seem you.

P.S still haven't answered my question, you a cop?
12:38pm 20/12/12 Permalink
BOHEMION
Brisbane, Queensland
561 posts
Boost - Its a Kustom Signals G3 system
12:51pm 20/12/12 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4472 posts
It was question. Your post sounded very authoritative (vs "i think...") so I thought you had become a cop which doesn't seem you. P.S still haven't answered my question, you a cop?

F*** me Greazy. If people on QGL are expected to spead from a position of real knowledge or authority, the place will die :p
12:53pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Captain Lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
4669 posts
Jail time is definitely appropriate but I doubt he gets any.

At the very minimum he should get 5+ years of suspension and the according fines.
the guy apparently met with police but isn't being charged.
12:56pm 20/12/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16409 posts
Also, how many of you would have been tempted to run the guy over after he fell off the bonnet? It would take a lot of control to not do it given the situation.

the guy was in flight mode. doing that probably wouldn't have even crossed his mind.
01:10pm 20/12/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15528 posts
Boost - Its a Kustom Signals G3 system
s*** what are they worth?
01:20pm 20/12/12 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
8748 posts
It was question. Your post sounded very authoritative (vs "i think...") so I thought you had become a cop which doesn't seem you.

P.S still haven't answered my question, you a cop?
Of course I'm not a cop, there is zero chance that I would ever be allowed to hold that position.
01:21pm 20/12/12 Permalink
deeper
Brisbane, Queensland
4170 posts
cause of the drugs, man.
01:40pm 20/12/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21977 posts
One time I was stopped at the lights at Palm Beach. I was about three cars back from the front car. I was fiddling with the radio and as I looked up I noticed some massive tattooed guy punching and kicking the driver of the front car. It looked like a car-jacking or something so I went to grab my phone to call 000. It took me a few seconds to get my phone but by the time I did I looked up and the guy was gone and everything seemed to be normal. No-one was out of their cars or anything and everyone just drove off like normal. To this day I am not sure what I witnessed. Either it was a car-jacking or some sort of Palm Beach vendetta (Palm Beach is a bit of a ghetto).
01:54pm 20/12/12 Permalink
BOHEMION
Brisbane, Queensland
562 posts
s*** what are they worth?

PM me
03:07pm 20/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3531 posts
I just watched the op video, and the guy recording had heaps of places that he could have pulled over into, and been civil,

to me, the silver guy made nil atempt to stop and pull over, and the black guy went ape s*** trying to get him to pull over

(sure the guy in the black ute went too far, but s***, at the first part of that video, it looked like the silver car went the overtake on the inside, and clever editing/omission means we dont see that first bit
03:30pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Monkeez
Sydney, New South Wales
165 posts
to me, the silver guy made nil atempt to stop and pull over

Yes, because the safe thing to do is pull over when you have an insane rage induced bogan chasing you.
03:35pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Jim
UK
13138 posts
I just watched the op video, and the guy recording had heaps of places that he could have pulled over into, and been civil,

to me, the silver guy made nil atempt to stop and pull over, and the black guy went ape s*** trying to get him to pull over

wow you idiot
I would run you off the road and smash your windscreen for that post
03:51pm 20/12/12 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
8749 posts
I'm pretty sure copious is trolling, nobody is that retarded.
03:53pm 20/12/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3702 posts
I think if he had pulled over at the scene of an accident like you're supposed to the rage may never have occurred.
04:34pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Alize`
Brisbane, Queensland
1715 posts
Let's all order 2 cameras and get massive group discount for bulk ordering.
04:41pm 20/12/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8082 posts
Follow up to OP

04:47pm 20/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3536 posts
I think if he had pulled over at the scene of an accident like you're supposed to the rage may never have occurred.

this is the point i am trying to make

in the video, the silver car get shunted, then continues driving!!!
most sane people would do the right thing, and pull over as soon as practical there looked to be heaps of places, but the guy didn't even appear to want to stop then the video cuts to the scene where the black car pulls along side, (for all we know it could have been 10 seconds of driving, or 5 minutes, and after 5 mins of someone not pulling over, i might start to get a little agro too)

in the first few moments it could have been different, for all we know, if the guy in the silver car pulled over straight away, the guy in the black car might have yelled, but that would have been it, (we also dont know the lead up, the guy in the silver car might have been a complete c*** prior, then turns on the camera,

I dont know about you, but the two times i've been rear ended, i've stopped there and then, or pulled over with-in metres to swap details, none of which the silver car looked to be doing
04:48pm 20/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3537 posts
wow you idiotI would run you off the road and smash your windscreen for that post

well 1st off, going to be hard to do from the uk,

and 2nd, I think you missed my point

(also, watching the follow up, if the guy was an ex policeman, he acted like a fool, and should have known better from the start)
04:54pm 20/12/12 Permalink
taggs
6061 posts
Didn't look hugely safe to pull over immediately after a merging section and there wasn't much room to pull over on the side of the road without making it unsafe for other road users.

The saffa was probably continuing on to somewhere he could pull over safely like any rational driver would do. Ute bogan is immediately extremely aggressive and endangering other road users with his bulls***... I wouldn't stop at that point either.
04:59pm 20/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3538 posts
Didn't look hugely safe to pull over immediately after a merging section and there wasn't much room to pull over on the side of the road without making it unsafe for other road users.The saffa was probably continuing on to somewhere he could pull over safely like any rational driver would do. Ute bogan is immediately extremely aggressive and endangering other road users with his bulls***... I wouldn't stop at that point either.

see, most of the grassy area looked fine to me to park a car there, and he had no problems driving on it later - in his 4wd (unless he didn't want to dirty his wheels)
05:04pm 20/12/12 Permalink
taggs
6062 posts
I could be wrong but to me the grassy bits on the side following the accident either appear to be either too narrow to allow a car to pull over which would force following cars to veer around or to be on an incline relative to the level of the road. Though the camera angle doesn't make judging that easy - I could be mistaken.

By my count the saffa had at most a few seconds between the collision and the Ute going bezerk and it didn't appear safe for him to pull over in that time to me.

he obviously knew it was past the point of a simple fender bender and calmly exchanging insurance details otherwise why would he have kept driving

Yeah, that's a possibility.

Or maybe he didn't feel safe pulling over in the few seconds between the collision and the bogan going nuts. Maybe he was still in a little bit of shock from being in an accident in those few seconds.

Who knows.
05:13pm 20/12/12 Permalink
blahnana
Brisbane, Queensland
609 posts
Guy must have some awesome skillz to fake a video in the time he had based on the timing of the 000 call and arriving at the police station.

If only they'd both had more guns, this whole discussion could have been resolved much sooner.
05:14pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Jim
UK
13140 posts
as has already been mentioned, there's probably more to the start of the story than shown in the video
he obviously knew it was past the point of a simple fender bender and calmly exchanging insurance details otherwise why would he have kept driving

and then the rest of the video... if you think it'd be a good idea to stop anytime after the first overtaking you have issues
05:14pm 20/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3539 posts
jim>>oh, i agree once the dude went full ape. not a chance in hell would i pull over,

taggs>>, the video has a cut between the shunt and the ute pulling next to him, there isn't a way to tell how much time past, if it was only a very short amount of time/distance, then yes, i would agree, however the silver car was back upto speed, which would signal that little/no attempt to pull over was made

if the saffa had driven more than a click, which no sign at wanting to pull over, then some measure of the blame has to be leveled at his feet, (it in no way justifies the black utes actions, but it goes someway into explaining it)
05:27pm 20/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3540 posts
05:30pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Herron
Brisbane, Queensland
164 posts
If you look at the side signs the video doesn't cut to any further in the future then were it left to the bloke's face. You also can't see what the ute was doing behind or to the side of the car. If he was still tail-gating then it wouldn't be safe to stop (as you'd get hit again) or wise to stop (if the tail-gating is anything to go by).

I think it's safe to assume the ute was being an agressive wanker before the initial collision.
06:00pm 20/12/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
1345 posts
copuis, the dude jumped out and started punching his window like a f*****g animal. There's no point in defending him, he's clearly a psychopath.
06:27pm 20/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3541 posts
copuis, the dude jumped out and started punching his window like a f*****g animal. There's no point in defending him, he's clearly a psychopath.

no, after many (angry) attempts to get the silver car to pull over, the guy clearly lost his nugget, I'm not defending his overall actions, mealy pointing out that it wasn't a one sided event

(pretty sure most people would rage (not to that extent) if there was a bingle, and the other car refused to pull over)

also, this is today tonight researched, so it is presented in a very one sided fashion, after all, it is the today tonight way
06:41pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Boxhead
Brisbane, Queensland
12396 posts
Didn't the video owner explain the lead-up to the video? put his brakes on sharply causing the angry man to lock up? from there the pursuit happened..
06:53pm 20/12/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7029 posts
the guy in the video definitely doesn't seem like the kind of person who would have been speeding and up piet's orse. I reckon old mate was actually the one out for a lovely sunday drive with his missus and along comes bloody johan to get his blood pressure up.
07:03pm 20/12/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
1346 posts
I'm not defending his overall actions, mealy pointing out that it wasn't a one sided event

I get that you're trying to be fair in saying that the psycho guy might have his reasons...... but I f*****g doubt it :P
07:10pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7623 posts
there is no justification for what that retard did.. even if there was some sort of incident before the footage we got to see...

get these dips**** off the road..
07:15pm 20/12/12 Permalink
BOOST
Brisbane, Queensland
534 posts
copuis, unless the saffa had just been plugging this guys bogan misses and followed that by killing his dog and drinking all his vb, the actions he took are not really rational.
07:49pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Protius
Brisbane, Queensland
4466 posts
If he DOESN'T go to jail, the justice system in this country is seriously F***ED. I got a 12 month sentence with immediate release on parole for an incident of 'road rage'.
07:50pm 20/12/12 Permalink
BOOST
Brisbane, Queensland
535 posts
Do tell protius
07:50pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Protius
Brisbane, Queensland
4467 posts
Long story short, guy on scooter goes slow to piss me off, I attempt to go around when safe to do so, he speeds up kicks my car and nearly falls off. I speed off because like old mate, I don't think old mate is keen to just 'talk'. He ends up catching up to me again, goes to kick my car again, this time falls off and I continue off. Witnesses say I swerved the second time, I got my sentence he got nothing even though witnesses say he kicked my car?
08:01pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Vash
3629 posts
What did you do to make him want to go slow to piss you off? Obviously you've done something to piss the rider off. We riders are rather sensitive to dangerous driving when its near us.
08:04pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Protius
Brisbane, Queensland
4468 posts
F**** me, maybe he thought I was tailgating him? Although I was no closer to him than the cars behind were to me. Regardless, still doesn't warrant the kicking of a car now does it?
08:18pm 20/12/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2402 posts
Jesus copuis, really? You make it sound like he was a reasonable person until he jumped on the saffa's bonnet.

Cbf watching the video again but I'm pretty sure the lovely reasonable fellow in the black ute's first attempt at getting the guy to pull over was to drive across double white lines and directly at oncoming traffic.

If the guy didn't pull over immediately there are a million other calm and reasonable ways to get his attention or sort the situation out.

Nothing the saffa did could possibly excuse any of the psycho's behavior, from the very start of the video onwards.
09:31pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7624 posts
Although I was no closer to him than the cars behind were to me. Regardless, still doesn't warrant the kicking of a car now does it?

scooters are road users too..

just slow the f*** down ffs - just because other cars are tailgating you doesnt make it a new road rule and allow you to tailgate someone else

too bad they suspended the sentence.. you sound like a bad driver
09:35pm 20/12/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2887 posts
scooters are road users too..
yeah but they are using it wrong.
09:42pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Protius
Brisbane, Queensland
4469 posts
Superform, you sound like a d***. I wasn't tailgating him? I am actually a very good driver. Also it wasn't a suspended sentence. And scooters should not be on the f*****g road anyway. Every day I see scooters doing under the speed limit on roads. If they can't do the speed given, they should not be on the f*****g road plain and simple.
09:49pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4850 posts
but I'm pretty sure the lovely reasonable fellow in the black ute's first attempt at getting the guy to pull over was to drive across double white lines and directly at oncoming traffic.
Oh really, youve seen the whole unedited video from before the two cars were within 1km of each other then?

Copuis may be a f***wit, but willfully ignoring his point makes you look just as stupid.

Thinking there may be more to the video, and that today tonight edited it to make it fit their narrative does not mean the black ute was in the right in anyway.
09:51pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7625 posts
Superform, you sound like a d***. I wasn't tailgating him? I am actually a very good driver. Also it wasn't a suspended sentence. And scooters should not be on the f*****g road anyway. Every day I see scooters doing under the speed limit on roads. If they can't do the speed given, they should not be on the f*****g road plain and simple.

lol i sound like a d***? i'm not the one with the prison sentence... you were obviously being some sort of c*** or a) you wouldnt have had your car kicked b) you wouldnt have gone to jail for it

but nothing is ever your fault is it?
10:08pm 20/12/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2403 posts
Oh really, youve seen the whole unedited video from before the two cars were within 1km of each other then?

Copuis may be a f***wit, but willfully ignoring his point makes you look just as stupid.

Thinking there may be more to the video, and that today tonight edited it to make it fit their narrative does not mean the black ute was in the right in anyway.

I thought the incident started with the rear ending at the beginning of the video (and it seems that copuis thought that too), but it is certainly possible that things started well before then.

Either way, you're the one who looks stupid here because you're obviously just arguing for argument's sake. The point copuis made is a hugely insignificant one compared to the fact that nothing the saffa did (or could have done before the video started) could possibly excuse any of the psycho's behavior, so bringing it up simply looks like you're trying to defend his behavior in some way.

As I said before, if the guy didn't pull over immediately there are a million other calm and reasonable ways to get his attention or sort the situation out. Perhaps you disagree, but I think seriously endangering other people's lives to enact some sort of psychotic, rage-filled vendetta pretty much precludes you from saying that it was partly the other guy's fault too.
10:15pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4851 posts
I thought the incident started with the rear ending at the beginning of the video (and it seems that copuis thought that too),
Copuis suggested the edit after the shunt may have changed the stories narrative, the actual guy who got hit said the initial shunt was the start of the road rage, perhaps it was just an accidental rear end and the edit hid "normal" attempts to get saffas attention.
you're obviously just arguing for argument's sake.

Yeah one post in a thread, good call. If you said i was doing it now then youd be right.
And besides 100 posts about an event where no one posting was involved, then you can say the same about everyone.
if the guy didn't pull over immediately there are a million other calm and reasonable ways to get his attention or sort the situation out.
Depending on how much editing Today tonight did (hell maybe even saffa edited anyhitng incriminating) he may have attempted those.
but I think seriously endangering other people's lives to enact some sort of psychotic, rage-filled vendetta pretty much precludes you from saying that it was partly the other guy's fault too.
Well seeing as i didnt endanger lives and enact psychotic bla bla, then i can say whatever the f*** i want right?
10:55pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Vash
3630 posts
actually protius sounds like the d*** here. Guy says scooters shouldnt be on the road cos they're too slow? What about bicycles?
Roads are there to share. just because cars are faster, doesn't mean they own it. cars actually slow me down quite abit, but its fun enough working my way around them.
11:20pm 20/12/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2406 posts
And besides 100 posts about an event where no one posting was involved, then you can say the same about everyone.
Uh, I don't think you understand what "arguing for argument's sake" actually means. It means arguing just to be difficult or contrary.

Depending on how much editing Today tonight did (hell maybe even saffa edited anyhitng incriminating) he may have attempted those.
It doesn't matter if he attempted those before or not. The point of saying that there are other calm and reasonable ways to sort it out isn't that they should be tried first, it's that the should only be tried. You can't say it was fine for him to risk the lives of others by acting psychotically because he tried reasonable things first.

Well seeing as i didnt endanger lives and enact psychotic bla bla, then i can say whatever the f*** i want right?
See, you're just arguing particular words here, as I said, just arguing for argument's sake.

Let me rephrase for you: I think the fact that he seriously endangered other people's lives to enact some sort of psychotic, rage-filled vendetta pretty much precludes anyone from effectively arguing that it was partly the other guy's fault too.
11:34pm 20/12/12 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9801 posts
lol... calling it as a fake video

dunno how I missed that.

go outside right now and smash your windscreen as hard as you possibly can with your fist and tell us if you need a new one... hand that is. Odds are you'll just need some time off work while your hand repairs itself.

this'll be interesting.. I wonder if it'll go viral :/

still, I'd like to see cams in new cars front and back become a mandatory feature. Dunno why they aren't already tbo.

**edit.. I'm happy to be proven wrong here, though at the same time I'm someone who's had a few broken hands/wrists from similar impact experiences.

last edited by koopz at 00:02:33 21/Dec/12
11:54pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Gibster
Melbourne, Victoria
75 posts
Lucky they are covered in leather.

LOL!
12:23am 21/12/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19358 posts
Yes, because the safe thing to do is pull over when you have an insane rage induced bogan chasing you.

roflmao. copuis best be trollin
01:13am 21/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3543 posts
trying to say that MAYBE if the sliver car had pulled over in a timely fashion, it might not have escalated to this degree, and due to editing it is hard to know what happened before, and during the "chase"

I dont think the driver of the black car is 100% sane (hell 30% sane would be a stretch) but the black ute driver didn't "just go nuts" he worked up the to full bat s*** crazy, ending it (by pulling over) might have limited the bat s*** crazy level to yelling, and bonnet thumping, preventing the extra car ramming, window smashing
01:40am 21/12/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2409 posts
It's certainly possible copuis, but from the behavior of the guy, both in the video and later at the police station, and from the reports of others coming forward and saying he had intimidated them on the road as well, it seems very unlikely that he wanted to just have a calm and cordial conversation and exchange details.
01:48am 21/12/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2220 posts
Some people are just bats*** crazy. I was passing through Toowoomba last week. Stopped in a Hungry Flaps as we were leaving there were a heap of drunk / stoned people causing a rukus i.e destroying garden beds and as we pulled out they climbed into 2 cars and we drove around them. I didn't think anything more of it until 2 mins down the road they threw a full 2L coke bottle on the windsreen and I couldn't see anything. After clearing the windscreen I gave chase just to get their plates. If I didn't have my family in the car I may have lost the plot as well.

Instead I just drove fast enough to get their plate then called the cops and carried on our way.

I have since ordered 2 in car cams to hopefully prevent d*******s like those in the future.

last edited by Dodgymon at 02:17:08 21/Dec/12
02:14am 21/12/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8083 posts
I can't document this however in Russia, in car vid cams are a mandatory part of insurance policies.
03:38am 21/12/12 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9806 posts
Some people are just bats*** crazy. I was passing through Toowoomba last week. Stopped in a Hungry Flaps as we were leaving there were a heap of drunk / stoned people causing a rukus i.e destroying garden beds and as we pulled out they climbed into 2 cars and we drove around them. I didn't think anything more of it until 2 mins down the road they threw a full 2L coke bottle on the windsreen and I couldn't see anything. After clearing the windscreen I gave chase just to get their plates. If I didn't have my family in the car I may have lost the plot as well.

Instead I just drove fast enough to get their plate then called the cops and carried on our way.

I have since ordered 2 in car cams to hopefully prevent d*******s like those in the future.

come around dude

I'm not allowed to do 3rd party mods to the work car, so need some advice on how to do this

*edit* yeah I know Compy Alliance have a company that does high end security stuff but I'm not going to ¢arlos :P

last edited by koopz at 00:05:42 23/Dec/12
12:03am 23/12/12 Permalink
stinky
USA
3749 posts
I can't document this however in Russia, in car vid cams are a mandatory part of insurance policies.

Same in Taiwan ... either it's mandated (hehe hehe man date) or everyone just does it anyway.

the important outcome are the brilliant compilations of dashcams on youtube.
01:23am 23/12/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34803 posts
the important outcome are the brilliant compilations of dashcams on youtube.

or liveleak!

been really enjoying my russia dash cams!
06:06am 23/12/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2223 posts
Koopz I just ordered a couple of cheaps ones off ebay. I'll let ya know how crap they are.

Also you should PM more koopz.....Just Kidding
10:57am 23/12/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17615 posts
just slow the f*** down ffs - just because other cars are tailgating you doesnt make it a new road rule and allow you to tailgate someone else

too bad they suspended the sentence.. you sound like a bad driver

internet f***wit posting 101 right here folks

tell us all how to drive bro
12:46pm 23/12/12 Permalink
Vash
3633 posts
tailgating is my way of telling some idiot on the overtaking lane to get the f*** into the slow lane. some people are really ignorant.
Even saw a highway patrol car tailgate some woman in the overtaking lane, she still didnt move. Not until he booked her for it.
11:26pm 23/12/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21988 posts
Instead of being a passive-aggressive little baby-cakes and tailgating someone, why not just use the 'slow lane' to undertake them instead?
11:42pm 23/12/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7626 posts
tell us all how to drive bro

i did.. dont tailgate asshat - over here they are going to start booking people using cameras for tailgating.. cant f***** wait..

people who tailgate are selfish c****
11:46pm 23/12/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4040 posts

Dude I have had one for ages, go to ebay and search for "in car dvr" mine cost $60 does the job.
11:56pm 23/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3968 posts
Tailgaters should lose points based on the speed they are tailgating at with a complete loss of their licence for tailgating at 100kmph or more. Quite frankly they deserved to be f***ed in the ass with a pineapple because they at the worst kinds of drivers on the roads.

Its one thing to drive like a f***wit its a whole other level of c*** that puts someone in direct danger by tailgating them.
02:16am 24/12/12 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10422 posts
I just depress my brake pedal enough to turn the brake lights on but I maintain my speed when being tailgated

The only time I get tailgated is when I'm held up by a slow car in front
08:56am 24/12/12 Permalink
t
Brisbane, Queensland
226 posts
On the highway, a prolonged windscreen wash usually gets the point across

Obviously this and left foot braking are only if you're not in the wrong lane. How fkn hard is it to stay left unless overtaking? So many average muppets with generic lives disconnect their brain and sit in the 2nd and 3rd lanes on the pacific motorway. There's another lane, use it.

last edited by t at 11:56:26 24/Dec/12
11:54am 24/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3548 posts
I just depress my brake pedal enough to turn the brake lights on but I maintain my speed when being tailgated

The only time I get tailgated is when I'm held up by a slow car in front

i turn on my rear fog lights (which are on both side in the light cluster, so look like brake lights in the day)
02:04pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7567 posts
How fkn hard is it to stay left unless overtaking?

When you consider that to change lanes you have to move to a point where the car behind wouldn't be tailgating you, and the car in front wouldn't be getting tailgated, and considering the gap most people leave... quite difficult actually.

Changing lanes doesn't mean you can just get out of someone elses way only to be both breaking the law yourself and putting someone else in a ridiculous position.

Second, if my GPS says I'm doing 100 and the speed limit is 100, f*** you.
02:14pm 24/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3549 posts

here here,

however there are alot of right lane warriors that "know" their speedo is right, and clearly you are speeding

also, there are a s*** load of people that just plain refuse to be in the left, I get it all the time on the bruce on my way to work
(I go to work at 3am, and often will see less than 10 cars on the highway, and at least once a day i see some tard sticking to the right)
02:39pm 24/12/12 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10423 posts
no, y'see, there you're wrong.
it's not your job to prevent me from speeding. If i'm wanting to do 111, and you're wanting to only do 100, then get out of the fast lane, if only breifly.
02:51pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34815 posts
hardware dropping truth bombs up in here.

if i want to speed (because im an advanced driver), dont be a tard and sit at 100 and force me to go around you.

when you force me to undertake and i crash into a minivan and everything catches fire, its going to be your fault, not mine.
02:55pm 24/12/12 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4475 posts
Bogans wanting to speed shouldn't be confused with bogans having a right to speed.
03:03pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2224 posts
IMO you're both wrong. I think it should be keep left unless you are already doing up to 10km over the limit. If i am in the right lane doing 110 and you want to do more than that it is my duty to not move.
05:06pm 24/12/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3710 posts
It's 'hear, hear' as in hear this man speak btw.

I find the people that sit in the right hand lane when there are miles clear in the left lane are usually the ones that do 90 in a 100 zone, 90 in an 80 zone, etc.
05:13pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34817 posts
If i am in the right lane doing 110 and you want to do more than that it is my duty to not move.

are you a policeman?
05:26pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3970 posts
I am sorry but if I am already 5-10 over the speed limit you can kindly go f*** yourself if you think I should move over for your entitled sorry ass. Generally I sit almost exclusively in the right lane somewhere between 100 and 110 depending on how I see the conditions. I don't know about most of you but on the gateway and bruce hwy during a normal day the left lane is almost always packed with cars doing anything from 80-100, but thats my experience.

If you are in the right lane and maintaining a speed of no less than 100kmph you should think yourself lucky that traffic is following freely. Don't be a self centered c*** the road isn't yours it's everyones.
06:43pm 24/12/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3711 posts
Lol, irony!

I also find people who sit in the right hand lane are s***house at maintaining a constant speed. Going up and down, up and down.

When I'm heading to Brisbane from the north and the Bruce goes from 110 to 100, all the people I overtook because they were doing 105 continue to do 105 for awhile and then sit next to you at 100, so when the traffic from the on ramps tries to merge you can't move over to make it easy for them.
07:03pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3971 posts
Like i said i drive to the conditions and i have no problem sitting at the speed i choose wheather it be 100, 105 or 110 on the hwy. Perhaps my car is just easier to hold at a set speed than some others.

You know something i notoced after being in the US for two years was how frigging slow so manydrivers are on the freeways these days. There seem to be so many more people driving at 90 in a 100 zone now compared to what it was like before i left. Of course they are almost always in the left lane but reguardless of that why are so many people now drivin well under the limit? Is it because of the paranoia over speed cameras?

I notice this on almost every trip on the gateway reguardless of wheather the traffic is light moderate or heavy.
08:47pm 24/12/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3712 posts
Spedometers in new cars usually under read by a fair whack I think. Doesn't bother me that much, I just go around on the left, only really annoys me when they match the car next to them and there is nothing infront or behind. I just mark the people that sit in the right lane as c**** and they usually prove me correct by exiting from the right lane, wandering in their lane, merging without indicating, merging into vehicles, etc.

last edited by mental at 20:54:16 24/Dec/12
08:53pm 24/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3550 posts
dont start on speed cameras, bunch of horse s*** they are

do they in anyway slow drivers down yes but only in two ways
they get people to slow to 10-20 below the posted limit around the camera, then traffic will be back to whatever in a click
or two weeks later, after the fact, which doesn't help anyone

mobile vans are not bunch better,

cameras only see the crime at the time and place, they have no power to stop a car, or prevent an accident, they dont pick up drun drivers, un-roadworthy cars, unsafe driving, set belt use etc, and they do not detect fools that sit in the right lane for no viable reason (ie no other cars for miles)
09:00pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21057 posts
actually protius sounds like the d*** here. Guy says scooters shouldnt be on the road cos they're too slow? What about bicycles?Roads are there to share. just because cars are faster, doesn't mean they own it. cars actually slow me down quite abit, but its fun enough working my way around them.

Actually bikes can f*** off and die too. The number of times I've had to drive into oncoming traffic because some c*** on a pushbike is out in the middle of the road instead of on the bike path or shoulder is astounding. Makes me wish there were little fists on the side of the road every few metres and if a bike rider is out more than a foot from the shoulder BAM, a****** gets fisted in the face.

or two weeks later, after the fact, which doesn't help anyone
Actually, I got done for speeding about 3 years ago, now I don't speed much at all anymore. Only when my speed might creep up down a hill or whatever, or if I have to nail it to get around some wanker who thinks it'll be fun to try & block me.

Depends on the ego of the driver on whether or not a speeding ticket will slow them down.
09:12pm 24/12/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3713 posts
I don't mind the mobile vans that much on highways because of the safety aspect.
They should do that operation they did a few years ago a lot more though.

They had all the police jump in a marked police car. Dropping documents off to court, marked car. Transporting evidence, marked car, etc. Driving to and from Hervey bay to Brisbane a few times (moving back to Brisbane) I saw millions of police cars. Whole tone on the road was more relaxed and obedient to the road rules. The next week it was back to s*** though.
09:31pm 24/12/12 Permalink
redhat
Sydney, New South Wales
862 posts
You c***f*** should try driving in europe. Doing 160 in the fast lane and people still tailgate you lol.
09:33pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3972 posts
Just waiting for the day that a kid with a car loaded with his mates buzzes by a camera doing 160 and 3 or 4k's down the road Tbones a family killing everyone in both cars. Then perhaps everyonewill wonder what exactly speed cameras are there to prevent.

Speed cameras are a f*****g joke and the sales pitch of safety being used to sell them to the public is a f*****g insult to the inteligence of everyone in australia with an iq over 10.

I recently was pulled over at an rbt 3 nights in a row at 2am on the centenary hwy. The cops had all north and south bound lanes blocked off and stopped every single car and tested every single driver. It was a pain in the ass for me after a 12 hour shift but i was cool with it because this is real proactive policing and something we need on the roads and should see more of.

One of the cops said sorry for the hassle after i told him i had been stopped for the third time in three nights. My response to him was all good mate i am happy you guys are out here and truthfully i am happy to see them out there. Good thing they were that night because unbelievably the three f***heads pulled up in front of me all blew over the limit. The biggest f***head of the three actually had a can in his hand and was arguing with the cop because he didnt want to pour it out. Now a f*****g speed camera and a subsequent fine wouldnt do f*****g s*** in the facenof such stupidity and blatant disreguard for public safety.
09:39pm 24/12/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2419 posts
I am sorry but if I am already 5-10 over the speed limit you can kindly go f*** yourself if you think I should move over for your entitled sorry ass.
Don't be a self centered c*** the road isn't yours it's everyones.

I don't suppose you've considered the fact that it's actually you who is the one being self-centred if you aren't letting people pass?
Unless I missed the part where sitting constantly in the overtaking lane and not letting people pass isn't selfish...

Also this:
When the speed limit is 90km/h or more on multi-lane roads, you must not drive in the right-hand lane unless you are:

- overtaking
- turning right
- making a U-turn
- avoiding an obstacle
- driving in congested traffic.
And if you're able to drive between 100 and 110 then you can't make the argument that traffic is congested.

That said, someone staying in the right lane and not letting you pass is no excuse to tailgate. Tailgaters can get f***ed.
09:43pm 24/12/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3714 posts
I saw the tailend of motorway patrol and someone had been caught 55 times for driving unlicensed and has a 21,000 debt to sper!

Yeah been pulled over a couple of times when they shut down the riverside expressway, usually very polite and quick for an rbt.

Gold coast airport rbt by federal police was so polite I thought he was going to give me his number after.
09:44pm 24/12/12 Permalink
t
Brisbane, Queensland
227 posts
Generally I sit almost exclusively in the right lane

The only pro of having guns allowed in Australia would be so that your douchebag tyres can be shot out.
10:17pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7571 posts
because some c*** on a pushbike is out in the middle of the road instead of on the bike path or shoulder is astounding

The more you tout this bulls*** makes you seem more and more like some little self-righteous d******* who thinks his own impatience is excuse for being above the laws decided and dictated in far broader consideration of your own little delusional idea of how things should be.

Get over yourself and accept the fact that it's the law, it's legal, there's far more reasons then you're capable of comprehending of why bikes can, should, and always will deserve to share the roads.
10:30pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21058 posts
The more you tout this bulls*** makes you seem more and more like some little self-righteous d******* who thinks his own impatience is excuse for being above the laws decided and dictated in far broader consideration of your own little delusional idea of how things should be.

So I'm "above the law" because I think a bike lane is there for bikes to use for the greater safety, but morons still choose to ride in the middle of the road anyway?

On ya bike mate.

I have no trouble sharing the road with bike riders, I never said I was above the law. I said when f***wits on bikes ignore the fact that they're right next to a bike lane and ride in the middle of the road, forcing cars into oncoming traffic, they're wankers.

learn to read and don't think you're so hot just because you ride a bike. Bike riders are so f*****g up themselves.

Since you seem to want a fight. Meet me somewhere, your clearly expensive bike and lycra shorts vs my cashies bike and hawaiian shorts. Race you to maccas.
10:40pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21059 posts
^^ doesn't show up too well on the "qgl theme" (it's dark blue)
10:55pm 24/12/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2421 posts
Great opportunity to change to the blinding white light that is the AG theme!

Fixed anyway.
10:57pm 24/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3973 posts
The only pro of having guns allowed in Australia would be so that your douchebag tyres can be shot out.

Kindly refer to my other post about whats up with people going so damn slow in the left lane these days.
11:10pm 24/12/12 Permalink
t
Brisbane, Queensland
228 posts
I agree with everything you say in your other post, all good points. Still doesn't give you the right to play detective d******* and arbitrarily decide what's the most people will be allowed to speed by today. Very hypocritical since you're already speeding.
12:06am 25/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3552 posts
while on ranting about other road users, wtf is up with 4wd owners that slow to a near stop, just to go over a bump (like a driveway to a servo, or a speed bump), it is almost like they size it up before tackling it.

pro tip, if i can go over the bump in my mid sized euro, with little concern for about spilling the coffee in the centre console, your f*****g 4wd will make it over the lip of a driveway
05:03am 25/12/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19366 posts
I cannot stand selfish c**** who cruise along the M1 in the right hand lane oblivious to the queue of cars behind them.

I consider myself a pretty tolerant driver but when these selfish pricks hold up the rest of traffic because they are in a dreamland, I start channeling all of my will power into wishing they would careen off the road and plough into a concrete pylon bursting into flames.

Merry Christmas everyone - except to rude c**** who cruise in the right hand lane.
08:51am 25/12/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1087 posts
Not paid attention to this thread but this is what I imagine most of you lot are like on the road lol.
11:23am 25/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21063 posts
while on ranting about other road users, wtf is up with 4wd owners that slow to a near stop, just to go over a bump (like a driveway to a servo, or a speed bump), it is almost like they size it up before tackling it. pro tip, if i can go over the bump in my mid sized euro, with little concern for about spilling the coffee in the centre console, your f*****g 4wd will make it over the lip of a driveway

Because most flashy 4wd's are driven by posers and not someone who has a clue what a 4wd is capable of. They're bought by soccer mums because "they're big and safe for my children and I'm a selfish b**** because I'll probably end up driving over someone elses kids because this car is too big for me"

Not paid attention to this thread but this is what I imagine most of you lot are like on the road lol.

You imagine most of us like to try to run people off the road? Teq maybe, but not all of us.

- I hate people who sit in the right lane as much as the next guy but I just look for an opening and go around them.
- I hate people on bikes who ignore the fact they're next to a bike path, or just ride in the middle of the lane because they're d****, but I don't try to force them off the road. I wait until there's no cars coming then go around them. If there are cars coming I slow down and just sit behind them because I'm not a murderous son of a b****.
- I quietly lol to myself when I see a 4wd driver acting like they're driving a tank, taking corners wide, slowing right down, etc. I've driven a modern 4wd, it's just like driving a car. Some people are just that stupid they think they ARE driving a tank. What's even more amusing is when they try to get into a driveway wide enough for a truck carrying 2 trailers (service station) and they swing out onto the opposite side of the road because they think their 4wd won't make it up at an angle. It does make you wonder how these people ever passed a driving test.
02:54pm 25/12/12 Permalink
Ozzy
Gold Coast, Queensland
249 posts
I love this rage thread :D

Queensland traffic and drivers are so f*****g retarded.

Coming from Sydney...

Learn to f*****g merge. OMFG I have to merge... WTF??? Hey maybe if I fart out of my brain... yeah that will work.
Learn to keep to the left unless overtaking and the traffic authority are too cheap to put up signs to remind people to keep left. In NSW they are everywhere.
Tailgating is normal... its the only way to say keep left you ass. Harden up. I beep and flash then QLDers get offended... harden up.
Ban all those family stickers on the back of your car... I don't give a s*** how many dogs and cats you have. Getting stuck in traffic because of retarded merging and having to look at stickers for 30 mins ugh!!!
Get off your mobile phone, merging slowly into the freeway on your mobile phone is f*****g stupid and your tyre should automatically burst and throw you into a concrete pylon.

Oh yeah and Merry Xmas :D
04:03pm 25/12/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7034 posts
concur, queensland drivers are the blorst.
also I found driving in california more aggressive in a functional sort of way. perhaps it's just because of more mega 10 lane highways but it seemed to work as those being aggressive swerved all over the road to get around someone and those who drive slow stay exclusively in the right lane (their slow lane). also perhaps because if you stooge someone on the road there you may get shot. f***wits here on an agenda to correct everyone else's driving has nothing to fear from not minding their own f*****g business. not saying that's necessarily right or wrong but in 4000 miles I encountered less stupidity than 45 minutes down the m1.
04:16pm 25/12/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34828 posts
lols a sydney driver complaining about brisbane driving.
05:41pm 25/12/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19368 posts
also I found driving in california more aggressive in a functional sort of way.

I got this in LA but also whilst driving the interstate in upstate new york. I actually like American drivers - they know where they want to go and they want to get there fast, no bulls***.

Australians (those who don't drive daily or for a living) are mostly imbeciles in a daze, so they are prime targets for road rage.
06:45pm 25/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3974 posts
Have to agree with reload on the US driving thing. In two years of driving the US I didnt see a single incident of road rage nor did i see one incident of someone being a complete and utter c*******. One trip to work here in brisbane and i get to see every kind of moron in existence.

Just to clarify something. I sit in the right lane because as i said so many people just putter along in the left lane at a fair chunk under the limit. I drive on the limit or a fraction over it for the most part and only really go over it so as to not be the guy with a f*****g great train of tailgaters sitting on my ass. However i will f*****g NOT crank up my speed to 115 120 or more to accomadate f***wits when what i am doing is perfectly legal and right. If some nut sack is so desperate to throw away his licence he can wait until i find a reasonable and safe place to merge into the left lane. Now given so many people seem completely blind to indicators that might take a fraction longer than either of us would like but stiff f*****g s***.

This of course this really only applies when there is a decent amount of traffic on the fwy which i am sure most of you realize is most of the time on seqld fwys. Anytime the roads are pretty much empty ill do what ever i can to keep people a good distance from myself and hope theyll do the same.
06:50pm 25/12/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7627 posts
Tailgating is normal...

I think you mean illegal
10:55pm 25/12/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17625 posts
lols a sydney driver complaining about brisbane driving.

yeah pretty funny

merging isn't an issue in sydney because they're taught from an early age to just cut every c*** off and get on the horn whilst doing so
08:38am 26/12/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34834 posts
plus its a lot easier to merge when your maximum speed travelled to work each day is 15km/h
08:45am 26/12/12 Permalink
Saint
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3234 posts
while on ranting about other road users, wtf is up with 4wd owners that slow to a near stop, just to go over a bump (like a driveway to a servo, or a speed bump), it is almost like they size it up before tackling it. pro tip, if i can go over the bump in my mid sized euro, with little concern for about spilling the coffee in the centre console, your f*****g 4wd will make it over the lip of a driveway

Haha, this happens ALL the time for me as well .. I'd say at least 70% of 4WD owners go over tiny speed bumps at a crawl while everyone else goes over them at a sane speed. Agree with Whoop as to the cause.
09:47am 26/12/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3715 posts
When I had a 4wd I used to park miles from anyone else so people can, you know, see around corners, etc. Doesn't seem many other people do :(
Also what's with all the pretty hedges and trees and s*** they have growing near corners so you can't see s***?
10:16am 26/12/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15535 posts
Also what's with all the pretty hedges and trees and s*** they have growing near corners so you can't see s***?
I'm a fan of roundabouts with shrubberies in the middle so you get to guess if there's oncoming traffic or not.
10:34am 26/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3556 posts
When I had a 4wd I used to park miles from anyone else so people can, you know, see around corners, etc. Doesn't seem many other people do :(Also what's with all the pretty hedges and trees and s*** they have growing near corners so you can't see s***?

doesn't matter anyway, when it is raining, no one seems to use their headlights anyway,
01:01pm 26/12/12 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5654 posts
doesn't matter anyway, when it is raining, no one seems to use their headlights anyway,

Wouldnt that blind people who are already having trouble seeing? Do you mean just normal lights?
04:49pm 26/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3976 posts
Headlights are normal lights the only other lights are parking lights and spot lights.
05:48pm 26/12/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4861 posts
Road rage in l.a.
06:13pm 26/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3558 posts
Headlights are normal lights the only other lights are parking lights and spot lights.

and fog, (which i still maintain should be yellow/orange)
08:33pm 26/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:33pm 26/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.