We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
TV: Homeland
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
8122 posts
The old threads are archived, so I started a new one.

Anyone just watch the season 2 finale? Hooooly s***. Even better than the season 1 finale. I wasn't expecting the story to have legs past two seasons, but they've managed to keep the pace up nicely. Can't wait for more.
11:37pm 17/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:37pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Tiny
Brisbane, Queensland
3337 posts
About to watch it. An in interview early during the season airing. Damien Lewis suggested his character was a temporary fixture and wouln't be around for the duration of the series but he forms an important part of the cast. I don't see how the show can continue its success without him. Excited to see what is in store.
11:50pm 17/12/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7022 posts
jumped the shark imo, turned into too much of a soap opera and less actual tension
should've ended after season 1
12:12am 18/12/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19354 posts
simply brilliant
12:59am 18/12/12 Permalink
Linker
Brisbane, Queensland
1717 posts
It is funny reading opinions from some aussies like on here vs a lot of american's who tend to agree with reload, in that this show has totally lost it's way and become just like 24. I am still liking it, but indeed, it's considerably more silly than Season 1. The interrogation scene between Lewis and Danes was very impressive though, really f*****g tense, and brilliant acting.

Saul is the best character, his line tonight to Carrie was f*****g awesome. Saul and Estes had some of the better exchanges throughout the season I reckon. I'm glad Carrie didn't run off with him in the end too.
01:08am 18/12/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8352 posts
Was a good ending although wasn't really a surprise.

Spoiler:
I called it once he parked his car, as who maks a scene specifically about parking a car..
07:03am 18/12/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19355 posts
but did he do it?
10:37am 18/12/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7385 posts
I called it once he parked his car

Called what?
11:54am 18/12/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8355 posts
What was about to happen.
12:07pm 18/12/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7386 posts
What was about to happen.

Huh? I'd be more concerned if you didn't know a bomb was about to go off, given how obvious the whole scene was.

Not exactly "called it" worthy I'm afraid ...
12:47pm 18/12/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8356 posts
Are you typing words for the sake of typing them or something?
01:07pm 18/12/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13250 posts
LOL parabol on her rags again?
01:09pm 18/12/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7387 posts
^ says the guy who frothed and blamed everyone but himself when his neglected kid deleted his D3 character out of desperate desire for proper parenting.
Are you typing words for the sake of typing them or something?

Nah, just saying ... the scene wasn't exactly subtle. A car (or any object for that matter) was moved and abandoned near VIPs. Why would anyone do that in a terrorist-related show .. bomb obviously.

Then again, maybe I watched too much 24 :) The bit where her car was rammed and she was taken hostage was pretty much right out of 24. Somehow the terrorists are organised enough to track CIA people and time a perfect ram from 90 degrees and escape with almost no one seeing.
02:26pm 18/12/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13254 posts
^ says the guy who frothed and blamed everyone but himself when his neglected kid deleted his D3 character out of desperate desire for proper parenting.

Yeh I can see how responding to people calling you a s***** parent is the exact same thing as taking a random jab at someone who wasn't even talking to you. Makes perfect sense. Oh wait, no it doesn't, its parabol sandy vage land!

As for your ignorance about my family life, just f*** right off c***.
02:54pm 18/12/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8358 posts
Gotta relax all up ITT parabol, don't see why hoggy is a neglectful watcher of homeland because I deleted his D3 character.
03:22pm 18/12/12 Permalink
Saint
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3233 posts
I thought it was quite epic too, but part of me thinks it was *too* epic. The ending makes it seem like the same thing is going to happen all over again, and at one stage I too thought it was becoming more like 24 and less tension and awesomeness.

It's still solid, but season 1 was way better.
03:24pm 18/12/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
8060 posts
I enjoyed it. Good show with some great characters, and it is not one of those pretty people shows which there are so many of these days

Will watch the next season, unlike dexter which I'm giving up on.
06:03pm 18/12/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4846 posts
the scene wasn't exactly subtle. A car (or any object for that matter) was moved and abandoned near VIPs.
So basically two seconds before the bomb went off then? Nostradamus watch out.
About 20 minutes in i thought something big was going to happen, as *nothing* was happening, and it wouldn't have been a finale if nothing did end up happening.

I guess the season was okish, had quite a lot of slow stuff and stupid s***, ending was a bit better than season ones non-event though.
06:53pm 18/12/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7023 posts
09:45pm 18/12/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1106 posts
Hog, Para - thread delivered way more than I expected - thanks!

http://t.qkme.me/353j49.jpg
09:59pm 18/12/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34782 posts
dont watch homeland, enjoying the dramas of this thread though.

i love it when people criticize others parenting techniques!

its even better when they don't have kids of their own.
10:03pm 18/12/12 Permalink
Tiny
Brisbane, Queensland
3338 posts
Great show, great ending and did not see it coming untl right up to the moment. I never watched 24 so maybe that is why I don't have a bad opinion of homeland. Damien Lewis and saul run that show. Geared up for season 3.

In other news : Dexter? Who caught that ending!?
10:26pm 18/12/12 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
8124 posts
Lol, Reload.
10:39pm 18/12/12 Permalink
Viper119
UK
1793 posts
Holy s***balls! Did they just kill half the bloody CIA?!

I did not see that coming, they certainly kicked it up a notch.
09:23pm 19/12/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3256 posts
Yeah, i didnt see the explosion coming. Good pickup those that noticed the extra attention given to Brody parking his car. I was probably too zoned out waiting for something to happen as that ep had been really slow to start. Knowing *something* would happen cause its a season finale doesnt count.
too much of a soap opera and less actual tension

That i agree with. Far too much carrie drama, brody family drama and all that crap. I know its all about character and plot development but it bores the s*** out of me, plus carrie seems to always be crying about something. I will keep watching though.

What really s***ted me off was the 2nd last ep where the FBI tactical team got split up, carrie and the dude find the terrorist dude (nizal?) then when the boys come back there is like 5 or 6 lights despite there only ever being 4 of them (with 1 now dead). Dont split up, and where did the extras come from? What other stupid s*** was there?

Also, please dont mention dexter spoilers in this thread. Im way behind. Thx.
12:25am 20/12/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20420 posts
Yeah, Clare Danes is damn ugly when shes crying.

Season 2 almost lost me, the last few episodes were reeeeeeeeeeeeally drawn out and nothing much was happening at all. I mean the episode before the last one, where they kill Nazeer, pretty much nothing of any note happened in that episode till the last few minutes when they actually caught and killed him, you could have just tuned in during the last 10 minutes of that episode and not have missed a single thing that mattered. But it was saved by the finale, that was epic, and I didn't see it coming. In fact, I was pretty much at the point of thinking "Oh, guess they decided to wrap it up after 2 seasons" since it all seemed to be ending so neatly.

I agree a bit with Saint though, I hope it doesn't mean the same plot lines are just going to repeat themselves. Everyone thinks Brody is the bad guy, Carrie is defending him, everyone thinks Carrie is crazy and/or suspects her motivations, Carrie does unbelieveably stupid and insubordinate (bordering on dangerous) actions and then everyone instantly forgives her afterwards, etc.

Although, Saul as the head of the CIA is promising, hes awesome.
12:57am 20/12/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8366 posts

Although, Saul as the head of the CIA is promising, hes awesome.

You killed my CIA, prepare to die!
07:12am 20/12/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3259 posts
Yeah, Saul is boss. Was awesome when he figured out what david estees (sp) was up to and accused him of it.
09:57am 20/12/12 Permalink
Nitro
Gold Coast, Queensland
2233 posts
Season 2 was a little off, for me. However, I do like where season three is positioned. Hopefully a bit more Saul and spy craft and a little less 24.
01:02pm 20/12/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7394 posts
I think they only implied Saul was the most senior officer present at the scene.

Surely they will get another suit in, as boss?
01:28pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20422 posts
I figured it'd be something like all the top brass were in the room and got killed, and hes the most experienced guy they have left to lead it all. If they get another suit and it'll just be yet another repeat of storylines we already watched
04:03pm 20/12/12 Permalink
Viper119
UK
1794 posts
Yeah I never understood just how senior Saul was, surely you can't throw one of your top team in a cell for 3 days on trumped up charges!?
08:46pm 20/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:46pm 20/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.