We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
Assaulting Bus Drivers / Others - rant I guess
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4032 posts
I don't understand this.. it frustrates the hell out of me that no one does anything about this. people get beaten in the course of doing their job and they can't do anything about it.

it amazes me how little the law does or cares about victims of these types of crime.. 'ZOMG 11 months JAIL' for beating the crap out of someone for no reason!? really? isn't there a good chance that someone who has such a low regard for people likely to be violent to anyone?

I mean on one hand everyone is outraged when someone king hits someone else and kills them "because it was the alcohol's fault".. What don't you think these types of people might be the same kind that attack bus drivers and vulnerable people? where's the outrage about that?

I was just reading a news article about a 57 year old bus driver who was assaulted
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2012/12/17/17/55/us-wine-maker-jailed-for-bus-driver-assault

Then end of the article is what really pisses me off..

John Olsen, who has been assaulted 11 times, has since retired.

This man has been assaulted 11 times... 11 frelling times.. that is disgraceful.. what the f*** is wrong with people?
10:49pm 17/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:49pm 17/12/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9679 posts
How about attacks on Cabbies ?
Ambulance/Medics
Hospital Staff in Emergency Wards

What kind of loser gets on a Bus and beats the Driver ?
Name them and publish their photos. Shame them.
11:32pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Primal
Brisbane, Queensland
2089 posts
lots of peeps with mental health problems and others only half a step above apes

fight or flight is built into us all

i vote for mandatory behavioural chips in every1's brains on a global scale

12:00am 18/12/12 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2432 posts
People don't need mental health problems to assault/abuse you. Just take any job in the service industry and you'll soon find out that, in general, people are s***.
12:10am 18/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21022 posts
people get beaten in the course of doing their job and they can't do anything about it

Not just while doing their jobs, we can't even touch criminals who come into our homes, we just have to ask them nicely to let us leave while they ransack the place. F*** that noise I say. We should all be allowed to carry guns and shoot burglars on the spot.

Name them and publish their photos. Shame them.
considering they're probably doing it as a test to become part of a gang, all this will do is reinforce their status as a total badass among their fellow gang members.
12:15am 18/12/12 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3826 posts
We should all be allowed to carry guns and shoot burglars on the spot.

I guess you haven't heard about the school massacre then.
12:48am 18/12/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4033 posts
should all be allowed to carry guns and shoot burglars on the spot.

Not sure if serious.. either way, i don't think shooting people is the answer, I also don't think that taking the power to defend ones self out of their hands is fair. I don't think that its fair that someone can beat the crap out of someone and if the person fights back, the perpetrator can sue.

I think the laws need to be changed, people like bus drivers, cab drivers, nurses etc, should be allowed to carry pepper spray to defend them selfs.

it sucks, these people are just doing a job, and some f***wit who evolution left behind gets to go around hurting people and no one gives these people any kind of help.

F*** this s***.
12:57am 18/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21025 posts
Not sure if serious
when is anything I say ever serious?
01:09am 18/12/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7620 posts
John Olsen, who has been assaulted 11 times, has since retired.

mmmm how many bus drivers get assaulted 11 times? sounds like he might be the a****** who started it

just sayin
01:37am 18/12/12 Permalink
ctd
UK
10186 posts
Wait for it... Robots to drive buses from now on.
04:03am 18/12/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7621 posts
actually heres my a****** bus driver story..

bus gets to airport which was the end of the line - it was at a time when the bus route had changed and I had to catch a connecting bus to amsterdam.. so as i'm getting out i ask the driver if he knows where the connecting bus leaves from.. (literally there less then 10 secs) instead of answering.. he mumbles something about not having to answer stupid questions.. closes the door.. with me on the bus.. and drives off.. so i'm like wtf.. where are we going.. he says back to depot.. so i say.. stop the bus and let me off.. he says no.. luckily he didnt actually go back to depot.. but did a 5 min turnaround route and pulled up on the other side of the bus stop...

if he had of gone back to some random depot and told me to f*** off.. he prob would have got an ass whooping.. not from me.. i'm a wimp.. but someone big and strong would have come to my aid.. like the guy in the video..
05:10am 18/12/12 Permalink
DK
Brisbane, Queensland
786 posts
Pretty much all bus drivers are c****. So maybe he deserved the 11 assaults
08:42am 18/12/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4034 posts

from my experience in retail sale / IT Helpdesk etc.. I know people are c****. people working in any kind of services industry know have to deal with c**** all day every day, asking stupid questions and being asshats in general.

so i don't blame them for being short with people.. ever heard of the internet look up your f*****g rout its not hard, as a matter of fact you can find out everything you need to know just by going to the website.

how about the nurses that are just trying to treat people and find themselves getting punched / bashed in hospital? do they also deserve to get assaulted DK?

What about if you were having a bad day and you didn't feel like doing something you had no obligation of doing, would you deserve to be beaten?
10:13am 18/12/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13246 posts

Unless the driver is a people-punching c***, no he didn't. You don't get to beat the s*** out of people because you don't like their 'tude.
10:19am 18/12/12 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
6351 posts
Bus drivers c**** when driving around, they force their way into lanes causing people to slam on brakes and narrowly miss being roadkill.
10:47am 18/12/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4035 posts
Bus drivers c**** when driving around, they force their way into lanes causing people to slam on brakes and narrowly miss being roadkill.

Yep and all it takes is a call to BCC to complain.
11:02am 18/12/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4036 posts
mmmm how many bus drivers get assaulted 11 times?

The TWU says bus driver abuse is so commonplace, at least six incidents are reported each week on the Gold Coast alone.

click here for the article
11:08am 18/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:08am 18/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.