AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Blocking Incoming Calls on IPHONE
Slappercx
Brisbane, Queensland
1968 posts
Hey People,

Does anyone know of an app that allows you to block incoming calls / sms from a particular number ?. looking to block a former emoloyer from contacting me and hoping there might be an app to do so ?

04:21pm 17/12/12 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
04:21pm 17/12/12 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5292 posts
only if you jailbreak it as its normally carrier thing
04:22pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Slappercx
Brisbane, Queensland
1969 posts
Can you JB with the Latest OS TiT ?
04:24pm 17/12/12 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5294 posts
no idea, ive only JB my iPad
04:34pm 17/12/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1333 posts
Just add the number to a contact called 'DON'T ANSWER' and then can the call as it comes in (by double tapping the 'lock' button whilst the phone is ringing/vibrating).

SURE they'll continue to call you, but they'll get the picture.

Out of curiousity, why is it that your former employer seems to want to rack up a huge phone bill trying to 'catch up'?
05:48pm 17/12/12 Permalink
carson
Gippsland, Victoria
1697 posts
I've recently wanted to know the same thing, but on an android phone. Is there an app or anything that lets me do it?

I don't think telstra block numbers do they?
06:09pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21019 posts
What if someone blocks their number, like how sometimes someone will ring me and it will come up "Private Number" with no number listed so would things like that still be blockable at the phone's end? I'd have thought it'd be a carrier thing so they'd see the number dialling and go nope this person does not want.
06:29pm 17/12/12 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10416 posts
What?
Iphones don't have a call reject list?
I can't believe the number of things that the iphone doesn't have that i'd list as a must
06:43pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21021 posts
do any phones come stock with a call blocking app / function?
10:08pm 17/12/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4031 posts

HTC one XL and Sumsung S2 from my experience its comes by default. just tap and hold on a contact then select block caller.

What?
Iphones don't have a call reject list?

it will probably be the next 'revolutionary' feature of the iphone 6 lol.

last edited by TufNuT at 22:14:30 17/Dec/12
10:11pm 17/12/12 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10417 posts
My 2 and a half year old samsung galaxy S1 has it
10:59pm 17/12/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15521 posts
I just checked my Galaxy S3, it has a call reject list. Then all my old Nexus One had was a send call straight to voice mail.
11:10pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21023 posts
If you block "private number" would that block EVERYONE who calls using a private number, or just that one person who blocked their number when they called you?
12:17am 18/12/12 Permalink
trillion
Brisbane, Queensland
2789 posts
yes it would block all as in * from 'Blocked' or 'Private Number' depending on how your carrier/phone presents them

12:50am 18/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21026 posts
^^ It's like we're living in the dark ages still.

also as a side note, I just looked up how you change how many seconds your phone rings before it gets forwarded to messagebank and lo-and-behold, it seems I must ring customer support. How is this shit not a setting on the phone / internet already? Along with call blocking options. Why do we even need foreign call centers anymore (apart from when the internet goes down lolz)
01:12am 18/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3528 posts

my last blackberry did, and my current sony xeperia does, both out of the box
03:32am 18/12/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7558 posts
A feature I've always thought should be standard in modern phone software is the ability to block or answer calls from a specific (or unknown) number with a custom message. I would love to be able to have a voicemail-like message that says "Sorry, but I don't take calls from blocked numbers. If you need to contact me email blahblah@example.com and I'll get back to you, or add *xx when you dial".
08:45am 18/12/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8353 posts

I just looked up how you change how many seconds your phone rings before it gets forwarded to messagebank and lo-and-behold, it seems I must ring customer support.

Who is your telco? Telstra just have a number you can dial which changes it. **61*101*30# with 30 being the number of seconds.
09:16am 18/12/12 Permalink
Slappercx
Brisbane, Queensland
1970 posts
Out of curiousity, why is it that your former employer seems to want to rack up a huge phone bill trying to 'catch up'?

offered me another job a couple of times owe me some money wish is potentially going to get messy soon., just trying to move on and dont want any contact with them thats all.

I don't think telstra block numbers do they?

Went down to telstra and they suggested I get an app to do it as they cant. they did suggest I change my number.

last edited by Slappercx at 09:34:54 18/Dec/12
09:32am 18/12/12 Permalink
l3wd_5c0ff
Brisbane, Queensland
2396 posts
make a 2 second voice recording of silence. Make that their ringtone.
10:36am 18/12/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1335 posts
...they did suggest I change my number

"Telstra's best advice right there" - Said no-one ever.

I don't really have a need to openly and actively block any callers, and as Whoop pointed out, how is this (and the other call handling services Whoop mentioned) NOT a feature you can manipulate with your smartphone / via a web portal.

make a 2 second voice recording of silence. Make that their ringtone.

That's a good alternative for us 'dirty iPhone-types'.
I'd prefer the capacity to see and know when and how often they're calling, so something like this would work well if it were me.
12:01pm 18/12/12 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
12:01pm 18/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.

Advertise with Us | Download Media Kit | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
© Copyright 2001-2014 AusGamers™ Pty Ltd. ACN 093 772 242.
A Mammoth Media web development / Australian VPS Hosting by Mammoth Networks