We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
do not order pizza hut hot dog pizzas
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34773 posts
however much you think you want them!!!!
i knew they would be horrible to eat, but i couldnt possibly predict how horrible they actually were in rl.

CURSE YOU ADVERTISING (and alcohol).
03:32pm 17/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:32pm 17/12/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10596 posts
I've had some pretty retarded hot dog things in the past from asian places, I imagine this is a lot like that

http://cookingwithali.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/img_2294.jpg

f*****g hell google images searches for "asian hot dog" brings up some wrong stuff
03:36pm 17/12/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9675 posts
03:43pm 17/12/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15519 posts
Great use of that meme, well done, A++
03:44pm 17/12/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19353 posts
pig in a blanket ftw
04:02pm 17/12/12 Permalink
bargain
Sydney, New South Wales
1935 posts
I heed your words spook, but I'm still tempted.
04:10pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34774 posts
DONT DO IT!!!!!

i knew it was bad looking at the ads, but after i had a few beers, i couldnt resist.

only to find out, it was worse than i thought it would be!!!!!

the hotdogs, AREN'T REAL HOTDOGS!!!!!!
04:12pm 17/12/12 Permalink
do0b
Brisbane, Queensland
4480 posts
tofu dogs?
04:19pm 17/12/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15520 posts
the hotdogs, AREN'T REAL HOTDOGS!!!!!!
Neither is the maple syrup in the Canadian Breakfast at Coffee Club, f*** yo couch with your "Maple Flavoured Syrup"
04:20pm 17/12/12 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
856 posts
your words of hate have only made me more curious.
04:20pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34775 posts
not that bad bro, but some pretty weak hotdogs.

pizza was so bad, i ended up eating petal's pizza before i ate mine (mexican with hotdog crust)

that never happens.
04:21pm 17/12/12 Permalink
cJay
Brisbane, Queensland
1322 posts
Yeah I remember seeing that AD and thinking Pizza Hut have lost the plot, nobody wants to eat that s***... I was wrong it seems.
04:29pm 17/12/12 Permalink
orbitor
Brisbane, Queensland
8928 posts
I saw the ad for this the other day. I just can't believe they think people could want this???
04:34pm 17/12/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16386 posts
sif eat pizza hut pizza in the first place.
04:37pm 17/12/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10597 posts
f*** yo couch

cocaine is a hell of a drug?

I'm not eating pizza hut right now after there was an incident at the store and I've imposed a self-ban. Actually I'm self-banned from a lot of places, mostly coffee shops because of incidents.

last edited by thermite at 17:01:23 17/Dec/12
04:59pm 17/12/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21956 posts
Coffee Club is the worst place ever. S***** overpriced food and the coffee is just terrible.
05:02pm 17/12/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16388 posts
I'm not eating pizza hut right now after there was an incident at the store and I've imposed a self-ban. Actually I'm self-banned from a lot of places, mostly coffee shops because of incidents.

what happened? did they make your pizza wrong?
05:07pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Tele
Gold Coast, Queensland
330 posts
Well i know whats for dinner, Thanks Spook Great idea =DD
05:11pm 17/12/12 Permalink
orbitor
Brisbane, Queensland
8929 posts
Coffee Club is the worst place ever. S***** overpriced food and the coffee is just terrible.

I think it's a long way from worst place ever, but they certainly are s*** for the price you pay. Why does there coffee cost 30% more than other cafes when they're effectively just a boring generic chain?
05:25pm 17/12/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6273 posts
the cheese injected crusts were bad enough.
a hot dog crust ?

http://www.mynameisfoxtrot.com/storage/pizza hut hot dog fifty cent.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1334157483186

Faceman's best post
05:27pm 17/12/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21957 posts
Nope it is literally the worst place ever, including Auschwitz during the 1940s.

It is pretty bad, though. Zarraffas for life.
05:27pm 17/12/12 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
6114 posts
Hot Dogs in Pizza are the governments way of keeping the sheeple asleep.

Why don't they want you to eat the crust?
When will they reveal the secrets of the inner crust theory?

Who can stop them?
05:28pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
21148 posts
To be fair only half the people who visited Auschwitz didn't like it.
05:31pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13201 posts
Real men make their own pizzas. Screw spending $5 for a mediocre store pizza made with teh seething hate of a pimpled teenager using 2 week old frozen ingredients when you can consume a gourmet pizza lovingly crafted with the freshest of home grown produce and freshly butchered meat.
05:35pm 17/12/12 Permalink
orbitor
Brisbane, Queensland
8930 posts
Nope it is literally the worst place ever, including Auschwitz during the 1940s.It is pretty bad, though. Zarraffas for life.

lol what, you just s*** canned one crappy chain and championed another? Zarraffas have the motto 'Now You're Talking Serious Coffee', and just came out with the TIGER FUSION in co-operation with Dreamworld:
"For coffee lovers there is the White Tiger Fusion: the perfect combination of espresso, blended with white chocolate fudge, infused with coconut syrup, topped with cream and chocolate flakes, and all drenched in chocolate fudge."

Lol, for coffee lovers.
05:39pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13203 posts
A coffee lovers first question is, 'What beans are being used'?
05:42pm 17/12/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9678 posts
I prefer making little Muffin mini-pizzas but it does take time to make them.

Get a muffin and slice it in half, lightly toast then add tomato paste, meat, onion, cheese, mushrooms, pineapple and chillie powder.

No shortage of Pizza stores around the place, business must be good.

05:42pm 17/12/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21958 posts
Yep it's gross but I have this little secret thing I do where I don't order it.

Their normal coffees are awesome though. I have been drinking it since it was a single store in the back alleys of Southport and it has always been good.
06:36pm 17/12/12 Permalink
HerbalLizard
Brisbane, Queensland
5688 posts
So you ordered a pizza, with a crust stuffed with hotdogs. What did you expect exactly?
07:18pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Thundercracker
Brisbane, Queensland
3265 posts
Thanks spook, for science!
07:34pm 17/12/12 Permalink
scooby
Brisbane, Queensland
4518 posts
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/414723_10151197781172762_1437185879_o.jpg

"If you really want to spew, sticking your finger down your throat is quicker and cheaper." - my mate jacteh

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbxsfq4Ul61qeqpsd.jpg
08:51pm 17/12/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16389 posts
Spook: gives advice that people ignore.
08:53pm 17/12/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4419 posts
scooby your friends first mistake was ordering a pizza with pineapple on it.
09:39pm 17/12/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3697 posts
I like woodfired pizzas from rsls.
09:45pm 17/12/12 Permalink
59fifty
Brisbane, Queensland
982 posts
lol @ zaraffas

If your in the city, here is a few coffee joints I recommend:-

Sugar and Spice (Using some of their beans at home, blooody good stuff)
Brother Espresso

Also, that pizza looks disgusting... well not be trying that one out!!
09:49pm 17/12/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1075 posts
So what exactly is wrong with this hot dog pizza? Is the sausage crap? I like pizza hut, I go there sometimes for the buffe lunch special.
10:52pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13867 posts
the cheese injected crusts were bad enough.
a hot dog crust ?

Just thinking about Domino's cheese crust makes me feel nauseous. It was that bad.
11:31pm 17/12/12 Permalink
IncrEdible_vEgetable
Brisbane, Queensland
2248 posts
I don't wanna sound like I'm gay or nothing but pizzas with hotdogs jammed in the crust delivered by unicorns KICK ASS!

12:22am 18/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21024 posts
Real men make their own pizzas. Screw spending $5 for a mediocre store pizza made with teh seething hate of a pimpled teenager using 2 week old frozen ingredients when you can consume a gourmet pizza lovingly crafted with the freshest of home grown produce and freshly butchered meat.

$5? This guy I knows pays $20+ for a pizza capers pizza because "they're totally worth the money maaaan". Considering how small they are, and how many hookers and blow I could get for $20, no, a tinyass pizza is most certainly not worth $20.

I don't wanna sound like I'm gay or nothing but pizzas with hotdogs jammed in the crust delivered by unicorns KICK ASS!
I think i found your delivery method.
http://i.imgur.com/Kmnjd.jpg
12:24am 18/12/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5513 posts
On the bright side though, a $20 pizza won't give you a nasty STI
12:36am 18/12/12 Permalink
orbitor
Brisbane, Queensland
8932 posts
Pizza Capers used to be great, but their pizzas seem to be getting more and more like the usual pizza hut/dominoes greasy cardboard...except more expensive :/
10:57am 18/12/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10598 posts
Pizza Capers is like Nandos. When they started there weren't too many around so they were hugely busy, all the staff were attractive and pleasant, and the food was top notch - hell even the packaging was fancier.
Now you go in and it's dirty and there is a fat mole there that barks at you and brings you a burger where the chicken covers only a 3rd of the area, forgets the tomato, and the lettuce is brown.
11:43am 18/12/12 Permalink
Space Ninja
Sydney, New South Wales
3584 posts
Crust for life.

I miss Nandos in Brisbane, it was half decent - down here it's always 'NO RIBS' and some clown who can't speak english or completely destroys the order. Also wtf is with the attitude when I order 'rib basting' instead of hot or extra hot.
12:49pm 18/12/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
1340 posts
They should call it Spam Crust pizza, it would be more accurate.

Crust pizza is ok, but I'm yet to see a franchised pizza joint that can compete with the best of the local joints. Its funny how this applies only to pizza, whereas franchised burger joints seem to be able to rock it with the best of them (V, Grill'd, Flipside, etc.) although they are hideously expensive.
12:54pm 18/12/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10601 posts
Crust is overrated as are most local pizza places. People always seem convinced their local pizza shop is fantastic. Maybe compared to Dominoes.
Best pizza I've had was at the Mt Gravatt markets, woodfire oven, and fresh ingredients from all the con the fruiterers surrounding them. Only problem was they didn't sell drinks because of the market mafia that says stalls can't sell drinks.
Saw someone with the exact same mobile pizza oven as those guys at a school fete - and the pizza was utter s***, so the oven isn't everything.

last edited by thermite at 13:54:49 18/Dec/12
01:52pm 18/12/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21960 posts
I've never eaten a takeaway pizza that is better than a pizza that I make.
02:51pm 18/12/12 Permalink
Hemerage
Brisbane, Queensland
15577 posts
04:55pm 18/12/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15522 posts
Hahahaha voted cigarette butts and broken glass
04:57pm 18/12/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2884 posts
I've never eaten a takeaway pizza that is better than a pizza that I make.
On the flip side though, it's not cheap to make your own pizza.

I make my own bases now days but if you are buying them they cost half the price of a dominos pizza and are just as s***. Mozzarella isn't cheap either, even the generic brand will cost over $5 a packet.

That said the effort put in to making your own you don't want to skimp on cheap toppings anyway so the cost isn't much of a factor but I reckon if I was still a poor student I'd think Domino's was about as good as it gets.
06:36pm 18/12/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21971 posts
The one thing Dominos does right are their pepperoni pizzas. Occasionally they are utter trash bit sometimes you can get one with a really good coverage of nice crispy pepperoni.

I'd like to have a crack at making my own bases. I have never really tried and it is always the base letting my pizzas down. I am the type who likes to f*****g load the toppings on (mum used to make them like that when I was a kid so I guess that has carried over) but I have heard people say that sometimes less is more when it comes to toppings. I guess if you had a really nice base and a nice tomato sauce this could be the case. I will go easy on the toppings one time when I learn how to make bases properly.
06:40pm 18/12/12 Permalink
shad
Brisbane, Queensland
3851 posts
Thin base pepperoni is my fav from the fast food joints. I'd never make my own pizza to save money but I enjoy the quality of having better ingredients.
06:48pm 18/12/12 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
8738 posts
On the flip side though, it's not cheap to make your own pizza.
Making the base is ultra cheap but we don't have the purchasing power on the other ingredients, especially on things like salami and quality cheese.

My home-made pizza's still run around $10-$15, less than premium but more than poverty joints like Dominos.
06:49pm 18/12/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34780 posts
my local italian pizza place got bought by some indians (weird, indians run my local pizza hut as well, and one of my favourite indian stores up the road, bought out a pizza and gelati place, its terrible)

they follow the instructions left behind, but their pizzas arent quite the same as they were. they are still a million times better than the slop pizza hut serve up.
06:53pm 18/12/12 Permalink
Thundercracker
Brisbane, Queensland
3268 posts
Domino's have already done a meat pie pizza.

It surprisingly tasted a lot like a meat pie!
06:54pm 18/12/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17606 posts
but I have heard people say that sometimes less is more when it comes to toppings

if you have ever eaten at a traditional italian place the pizzas look nothing like a pizza hut of pizza capers or crust or anything like that

they are a lot more simple, less toppings but quality mozzarella cheese and aren't topped with 122341413 toppings

there is a small joint near me at chermside that make awesome traditional style pizzas and are pretty cheap too
06:58pm 18/12/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2885 posts
I try to stick to no more than 2-3 toppings, usually something salty paired with something a bit more neutral.

Bases are easy but you need a kitchenaid or kenwood otherwise you have to kneed the s*** out of it and you also need to prepare before time as the dough needs 2-3 hours to rise. I just blend up some passata with some garlic and oregano for sauce. I go to the deli and get thinly sliced salamis for toppings, they usually have stuff way better than what you can buy off the shelf and getting it thinly sliced means a little goes a long way.

I haven't figured out prawns yet, they always end up with heaps of water floating on top of the pizza, most other seafood seems fine though.

What are peoples thoughts on order of toppings? I put down sauce then cheese then the rest, leaving things like pepperoni or prosciutto last so they crisp up but I know a lot of people put the cheese on last and I've even seen an old Italian woman put the cheese on before the sauce.
06:59pm 18/12/12 Permalink
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Sydney, New South Wales
20947 posts
pffft have pizza in Italy, it's the bomb dawg
09:56pm 18/12/12 Permalink
l3wd_5c0ff
Brisbane, Queensland
2398 posts
If you do pizza hut, you do food wrong and have taste buds up your ass.
Loving the no shame itt. Go hard 'pizza' lovers :)
04:11am 19/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:11am 19/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.