We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
RaiderZ Review
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8234 posts
In the past few years we've seen a quite large rise in the massively multiplayer online genre, both in the quality and the speed at which these once "hardcore" only games have evolved. Blizzard's World of Warcraft definitely shook the genre up, making way for more accessibility in MMO's and a more unique way of offering content.

Our own MMO guru James Pinnell has taken on Perfect World's latest title, RaiderZ, a game that strives to be like an online Monster Hunter. How does it fair?
There is little there that hasn’t been done already, and better, nor is there anything special or unique that would appeal to a player looking for a new time sink. RaiderZ feels unpolished and unfinished, plagued with a stagnant, passionless player base and a stack of now obsolete design tropes around questing, story, player progression and crafting.
Read on for more of the review.

04:40pm 11/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:40pm 11/12/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4025 posts
I have been trying to play RaiderZ for the past few weeks, I have to agree with the review it is quite boring and I hate the controls, first thing I thought when i started playing it is, it feels like a beta.

If they change the way the controls work, do something about the spam and make the quests more interesting.. I don't know how i feel about the way the professions work since I haven't really played enough to care.
05:03pm 11/12/12 Permalink
Julez
50 posts
Well i quite enjoy the gameplay i got used to it. What got my goat was the lack of being able to get into a party in a sutible timeframe, i would sit there for a good half hour trying to find a party to get into the instances and have to change channels constantly thats what put me off.
07:21pm 11/12/12 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2431 posts
4 is a bit harsh. DLed it last night and got to level 10, seems to do exactly what it set out for.

I can understand your frustration with the "Boring, grindy and overwhelmingly linear quests", but that's pretty much MH's Modus Operandi. You fight giant monsters, steal their skin, then craft weapon/armour, rinse and repeat. If you don't like the combat, there's not much else on offer...
01:46pm 12/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:46pm 12/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.