AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think.
Hearthstone: Naxxramas' Cursed Review
Skydiving suggestions
csirac
Brisbane, Queensland
2795 posts
I'm sure some people here have gone skydiving. So just wondering what are some good spots around Brisbane (1-2 hour drive is ok too). Any feedback about businesses that do it too would be super!
03:00pm 11/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:00pm 11/12/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8230 posts
Not in Brisbane, but on the Gold Coast at Coolangatta. About 10 minutes from the Gold Coast airport is Gold Coast Skydive, definitely recommend them as it was well worth the money (and cheaper then I thought) and very professional. Was heaps of fun and I would love to do it again though there is a bit of a pull when the parachute opens that gives your groin a testing. Also they allow you to take reigns and steer for a bit before landing on the beach.
03:03pm 11/12/12 Permalink
Mantis
Brisbane, Queensland
1064 posts
Caloundra was good. Landed on the beach.

Bit further out but i recommend skydiving over the Swiss Alps from a Helicopter. :)
03:27pm 11/12/12 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
8735 posts
The guys at Redcliffe have the most experienced tandem masters and a lot of great/safe landing zones.
03:43pm 11/12/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9656 posts
03:53pm 11/12/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8073 posts
Skydiving suggestions

Pro Tip: Wear a parachute.
05:02pm 11/12/12 Permalink
csirac
Brisbane, Queensland
2796 posts
pro tips noted. even the parachute one
05:21pm 11/12/12 Permalink
Mass
Brisbane, Queensland
1329 posts
I just spent a week at Kirra in a beach front apartment and watched the skydivers landing on the beach there everyday (most were tandems). Was very cool seeing how close they managed to get to their large X each time.
05:56pm 11/12/12 Permalink
Coldy
Brisbane, Queensland
209 posts
I started the AFF (Accelerated Free Fall) course in November last year so I could jump solo (most accidents happen on tandem jumps) and I also wanted the most from the experience.

First two solo jumps (1 zipline jump @ 3k feet and 1 with instructors @ 10k feet) I did at Ripcord Skydiving at Gatton. Found the guys there to be a great group and the price not too expensive.

I have heard some horror stories about the owner being a rip off merchant though (will charge you $100+ if you lose the $10 plastic ripcord on the hired rig). But the AFF instructors out there were otherwise fantastic and made my first foray into skydiving an absolute pleasure.

If you get the opportunity to jump over the ocean / beach, do it. There are definitely better scenes than the vista that is Gatton. lol

Heres the vid:

last edited by Coldy at 19:16:56 11/Dec/12
07:15pm 11/12/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13227 posts
Did a (tandem) jump in Cairns a couple weeks ago, really can't recommend it enough.
most accidents happen on tandem jumps

Really? I'd have expected the opposite.

Oh dear ... !
08:43pm 11/12/12 Permalink
evıs
Brisbane, Queensland
6597 posts
I actually like you most of the time Faceman.
09:09pm 11/12/12 Permalink
Persay
Brisbane, Queensland
7597 posts
Lol push that b**** out
02:20am 12/12/12 Permalink
Cheez
Brisbane, Queensland
731 posts
Heard the one at Byron is awesome and supposedly the highest.
06:57am 12/12/12 Permalink
pARODY
Brisbane, Queensland
1105 posts

I jumped in May up at Sutton's beach at Redcliffe. Was an awesome view.
09:51am 12/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:51am 12/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.