We take a nostalgic look back at one of the best N64 games to ever be made, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Throwback Thursday - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Comparisons to TF2 and more are welcome, but we're thinking elsewhere for Blizzard's new IP
Overwatch: Street Fighter II Turned First-Person Shooter
Visceral's spin on the Battlefield series breaks the norm and introduces a story with depth. We take it for a ride!
Bringing a Story to Battlefield
Google Apps Business accounts no longer free!
Mass
Brisbane, Queensland
1324 posts
01:10pm 10/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:10pm 10/12/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
8053 posts
... to new business users.
01:13pm 10/12/12 Permalink
BOOST
Brisbane, Queensland
529 posts
You should write headings for news.com.au
01:16pm 10/12/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7377 posts
... to new business users.

... and new individuals.

i.e. the free version is no longer available for sign-up.
01:18pm 10/12/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10565 posts
the internet sucks since people who are willing to pay for stuff have joined
01:19pm 10/12/12 Permalink
Mass
Brisbane, Queensland
1325 posts
Happy now ya whinging c****.

And its what parabol said......
01:21pm 10/12/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13221 posts
So you still get ads if you pay for it, right?
01:28pm 10/12/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
8054 posts
... and new individuals.

The article specifically says Drive will continue to be free to new individuals, and 'Drive' is apps + storage.

I think their topic speaks for itself: "Changes to Google Apps for businesses".
01:32pm 10/12/12 Permalink
Ickus
Perth, Western Australia
321 posts
... and new individuals.

That is not what it says...

It lists the requirement for an individual is to "create a free personal Google Account"

There is no annual per user fee listed under the individual user description. As opposed to the business which states $50 per user per year.
01:33pm 10/12/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7378 posts
The article specifically says Drive will continue to be free to new individuals, and 'Drive' is apps + storage.

I think their topic speaks for itself: "Changes to Google Apps for businesses".

This is getting confusing now. I have my own domain and linked its mail to GMail via Google Apps (i.e. I log into GMail with me@mydomain rather than @gmail.com) for free.

What happens to new users wanting to do this. Is it now part of Drive or is it no longer free as I have been assuming?
01:43pm 10/12/12 Permalink
Mass
Brisbane, Queensland
1326 posts
That is not what it says...It lists the requirement for an individual is to "create a free personal Google Account"There is no annual per user fee listed under the individual user description. As opposed to the business which states $50 per user per year.

But as an individual user you cannot use your own domain name, you need the business account for those purposes.
01:43pm 10/12/12 Permalink
Nitro
Gold Coast, Queensland
2228 posts
I still have a free 50 user business account for being in the beta :)
02:50pm 10/12/12 Permalink
Jerry
Queensland
4262 posts
its quite frustrating that they dont offer something between free and business (premium home user).

Im not going to pay $60/yr per email address when i already pay for hosting.

Something like $100/yr for users who own domains but want to use gmail (and apps like google app sync) with a 10 user limit would be great. but $5/mo/user is bs for home users who own domains and may have an address set up for each family member
09:06pm 10/12/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10567 posts
if you have web hosting for the domain you usually get email through that and you can hook that up to gmail for free
09:32pm 10/12/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7381 posts
if you have web hosting for the domain you usually get email through that and you can hook that up to gmail for free

Yes yes, if you have hosting. I and many others don't. We just have a $10/yr personal domain that's linked to the gmail servers.

You need Google Apps for that. GMail is already free, so obviously maintaining my emails would not exactly be a burden for them. As mentioned by someone else, would be happy to pay a reasonable fee for a personal Apps account rather than the crazy $60 per user/year they now want for new users (I have a main user address and a catch-all/spam address on the same domain, so that'd be $120/yr).

But yes, this remains free for existing users ... for now.
03:08am 11/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:08am 11/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.