AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Anyone have a spare AGP D-Sub card lying around?
IncrEdible_vEgetable
Brisbane, Queensland
2239 posts
Long story short, I am chucking together a older system with some parts I have for a couple of reasons:
1. To use as a record device for DJ setup
2. To use as a LAN old school game machine i.e. Kingpin, Quake 3, CS etc.

Finally got the audio working (faulty soundcard, swapped out, sorted).

Now I need a graphics card to run the games. The one AGP card I have requires power. I got it powered up on my "old school" box (through trial and error) but it won't display anything. Pretty sure I just fried a spare mobo trying to get it to display on another comp and plugging the power cable into the wrong plug.

What would save me a lot of stuffing around is if someone had a spare working AGP D-Sub card they could send my way.

I'm southside but I can pick up or post and I'll sling ya the cash for postage.

02:34pm 09/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:34pm 09/12/12 Permalink
RUSTA
Brisbane, Queensland
325 posts
I've got a few lying around,. You're welcome to pick them up
03:27pm 09/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21000 posts
I should probably retrieve my gf2gts from the machine at work before someone throws it out. If it's still in there I'll let you know, I also have those 3d glasses it came with that everyone is now raving on about being so awesome (except these are wired). Playing quake 3 in 3d way back in like the 90's? Yep, been there b******. (or whenever the gf2 came out)

e: Actually, I also have an 8meg voodoo2 (PCI) if anyone wants it. I'm not sure whether it still works or not though.
07:18pm 09/12/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5489 posts
I also have an 8meg voodoo2 (PCI) if anyone wants it. I'm not sure whether it still works or not though.

Here's how to test whether it still works:
Open a swinging door all the way and then wedge the video card underneath.
If you let go of the door and it stays open then the card is worth keeping.
09:01pm 09/12/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1324 posts
rofl Dazhel

Veggie, if you need a card PM me. I've got an old Radeon 9800 Pro that's AGP kickin about.
(my last AGP card, was a beast too!)
12:27am 10/12/12 Permalink
Dazzagc
Gold Coast, Queensland
1317 posts
I have Geforce 7600 AGP Leadtek still laying in drawer, its working fine.
11:24am 10/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:24am 10/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close