AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think.
Hearthstone: Naxxramas' Cursed Review
The Phantom Pain Revealed at VGA 2012 Awards - Suspected Metal Gear ...
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8216 posts
While the awards show is still on-going, a new IP has been revealed titled The Phantom Pain at the VGA 2012 Awards. Developed by Moby D*** Studio, the world premiere showcased a futuristic setting with an unknown protagonist sporting a prosthetic arm.

While no release date or platform was specified in the trailer, you can check out below and keep an eye for more information later.

Update: Speculation is running wild that the trailer is related to Metal Gear Solid, with Internet detectives noticing the similarities of the main character with Solid Snake, and finding several other clues hinting at the connection.

01:41pm 08/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:41pm 08/12/12 Permalink
Crash
Sydney, New South Wales
1370 posts
Don't know if its a weird coincidence but the first thing i though when i saw the character was that looks like Snake. Now it seems i wasnt the only one, and there is some talk going around now that it might not be a real game, but a viral thing for the next Metal Gear game. Also this is interesting.

http://i.imgur.com/yIfMn.png
02:07pm 08/12/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16320 posts
another video that's been taken down :/
02:55pm 08/12/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8220 posts
Yeah they are being quite swift with the takedowns, makes things a tad annoying.
03:01pm 08/12/12 Permalink
Viper
Sydney, New South Wales
151 posts
That whole Joakim. Kojima thing almost has me pretty close to convinced. The graphics look just as good as the new fox engine. Whatever it is though I was sold at a Giant flaming whale eating a helicopter :D
07:53am 09/12/12 Permalink
mbrief
1 posts
Not sure if its MGS related at all but I think he looks a lot like Snake but this looks really interesting with the fire unicorn and the giant whale. Looking forward to more info
09:53am 09/12/12 Permalink
1 posts
Just to clarrify, the theory isn't that this is 'related' to MGS, or that this is Solid Snake.

The theory is that this IS MGS:GZ and that it is Big Boss.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503254
12:17pm 11/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:17pm 11/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.