Bethesda tells us why ANZ will be first to Battlecry's beta!
Battlecry Beta First in ANZ!
We check out the fast-paced third-person Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive to see just what it has in store.
Sunset Overdrive Reviewed
We take a look at Firaxis' sci-fi take on the Civ universe
Civilization: Beyond Earth Reviewed
We sit down with Blizzard's Ion Hazzikostas to talk all things World of Warcraft, including upcoming expansion Warlords of Draenor.
Talking Draenor with Ion Hazzikostas
Journey Becomes First Video Game Score to be Nominated for Grammy Aw...
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8214 posts
The PlayStation Network exclusive title Journey has been revealed as a Grammy Award nominee for Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media, a first ever in the history of the Grammy Awards. Composer Austin Wintory is going up against Academy Award winning composers John Williams (The Adventures Of Tintin - The Secret Of The Unicorn), Ludovic Bource (The Artist), Hans Zimmer (The Dark Knight Rises), Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo), and Howard Shore (Hugo).
Upon hearing the news of his Grammy nomination, Austin Wintory stated, "I really don't have words to describe how it feels. Every one of the other composers have produced works I love dearly, and above all John Williams is a lifelong idol. To be listed next to him doesn't feel real and I suspect never will."

Last night shortly after the Grammy nominations, Austin Wintory discovered his nomination through a familiar source. "I heard about the nomination the best possible way: from my dear friend and Grammy-trailblazer Chris Tin. Chris broke down walls for game music two years ago, and so it was absolutely beautiful that he happened to catch the news first and we spoke on the phone before I'd talked to anyone else."
Definitely a win for the gaming industry to finally have such great musical scores being recognised among the more familiar Hollywood composers, hopefully Austin will be able to take home a Grammy. Austin is also nominated for for Best Original Score and Best Original Song for Journey for the Spike Video Game Awards.
10:19am 08/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:19am 08/12/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6954 posts
11:18am 08/12/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20349 posts
Why is that confusing? Nothing in the artlce you posted contradicts the OP, that article is just talking about music that was submitted for consideration for a Grammy, whereas Journey has actually been nominated for one.
11:45am 08/12/12 Permalink
mouser
1 posts
I thought Baba Yetu from Civ4 was the first video game to win a music award?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Yetu
12:22pm 08/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:22pm 08/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.