We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
We go hands-on with Ubisoft's next Assassin's Creed game, Unity, to see what all the revolution fuss is about
Assassin's Creed: Unity Hands-On Preview
Ron Gilbert Gives Extra Attention to The Cave's PC Version; Tal...
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
13898 posts
In a recent interview with PC-gaming enthusiast site RPS, Doublefine's Ron Gilbert explains how as a predominantly PC gamer himself, he wants to make sure the PC version of the upcoming The Cave is treated properly, and not just "a bad console port" (via RPS):
“I’m primarily a PC gamer,” Gilbert replied when I asked him about The Cave’s PC functionality. “I boot up my Xbox once a month. Mostly I play PC games.”

“To me, making sure that PC game felt really good and natural to play with the mouse – and not just, like, a bad console port to PC – was personally very, very important. So yeah, I want to do as much as humanly possible with the mouse and all that. On the PC version, you’ll just be able to click with your mouse. Characters will walk to wherever you click. Switching characters with the keyboard by just hitting the number keys [is also an option]. So there’s some streamlining like that that happens with the PC version.”
Further, the famed Monkey Island creator also plays down the game's platformer appearance, assuring that it's still very much an adventure game:
“I don’t particularly enjoy platformers,” he admitted. “I’m not a platformer player. I get really frustrated when I’m missing jumps and I just want to go somewhere. I know what I want to do, [but I can't do it]. Adding that thin layer of platforming was about making that movement more fun. Giving the players something to do while they’re thinking around things and solving puzzles. They can still be jumping around the screen or swinging from ropes. But I didn’t want it to become this full-blown puzzle platformer. I didn’t want that to distract from it being an adventure game and what adventure games are all about.”
The Cave is due on PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii U in January 2013.
10:35am 06/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
system
Internet
--
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.