Season's Greetings! We present to you, our final AusGamers Wrap-Up of the year. Don't miss it, or the cliffhanger!
Season Finale: AusGamers Weekly Wrap-Up
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
Reboot or Rebuke? Tomb Raider Hands-On Preview
Steve Farrelly
Sydney, New South Wales
5682 posts
AusGamers was recently given a chance to get hands-on with Crystal Dynamics' Tomb Raider reboot, and walked away with mixed feelings about the potential for the title.

On the one hand, Lara Croft does feel ripe for a new shot at stardom, however, certain gameplay design and decisions still aren't sitting too well with us despite so much going for the game in its fantastical island setting, strong support characters, lite RPG components and exploratory/puzzle-solving areas.

Click here for our in-depth hands-on preview.
02:01am 05/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:01am 05/12/12 Permalink
Stalfax
Perth, Western Australia
127 posts
" this reboot is about stripping Lara back so that she can grow, at the hands of the player, into the heroin we all know and love" quite an amusing typo. Sounds good but to be honest, breasts are what brought players to Tomb Raider, and they should have stuck to that.
02:11am 05/12/12 Permalink
Steve Farrelly
Sydney, New South Wales
5683 posts
No pun was really intended there.

And honestly, boobs are awesome, but in this day and age they should not be any specific reason for anyone to only want to play a game.
02:16am 05/12/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2367 posts
I think he's referring to heroin vs heroine.
02:19am 05/12/12 Permalink
Timothy
UK
1 posts
I just hope it features the fridge & butler
02:21am 05/12/12 Permalink
Steve Farrelly
Sydney, New South Wales
5684 posts
heh, missed that: fixed :)
02:22am 05/12/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6927 posts
There's still a typo in the first sentence too. "reboot of the To,b Raider franchise."

I'm sort of tempted by this, I like the idea of them not making it about the boobs and instead focusing on a Lara story, and I already sort of know Lara, so can roll with a new franchise since I never got into the old one. Just don't and won't have time for any new games for a very long while.

For anybody who missed it in the other thread, it appears that you can get TR from GMG for $31 using the code GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9 - which then also gives you a 35% discount voucher for a future purchase.
02:47am 05/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:47am 05/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.