Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
BioShock Infinite Box Art is Rugged and Handsome
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
13882 posts
Irrational Games has revealed the box art for the hotly anticipated BioShock Infinite, featuring the game's skyward protagonist Booker DeWitt front and centre, with a little touch of Zeppelin for good measure.

Irrational has promised "plenty more exciting updates coming soon!" on the game, so we'll hopefully have some more peeks at the game itself before too long.

BioShock Infinite is due on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 on February 26 2013.

10:38am 03/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:38am 03/12/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21858 posts
That box art sure is Rugged and Handsome.
10:39am 03/12/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16284 posts
there's been a bit of backlash about this box art across the internet. i have to agree with them on how bad it looks.
11:32am 03/12/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20319 posts
Seems odd putting the main guy on the cover, since you never actually see him hes not really all that recogniseable. Would have thought they'd go with songbird or the girl or something.
11:48am 03/12/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20320 posts
and it's not unusual to have the main char on the cover for an fps

Not unusual sure, but not an image or a character I connect to the game in any way. A lot of the other examples you posted are recogniseable parts of the game, or recogniseable stylistically as part of the game. Even though we know Booker is the main character, he hasn't show up in any trailers, or any clips, or any promotional stuff and hes generic looking enough that hes not immediately recogniseable as a distinctive part of the game (such as is the case with the Crysis Nanosuit or the dude from Dishonored).

Not really a big deal, I don't buy games based on their cover art, I just found it odd that they wouldn't go with something more distinctive and something that is known to the fans and more recogniseable as being Bioshock. I mean, in the first game they didn't stick the main character on the cover, they stuck a Big Daddy on the cover, cos that was the instantly recogniseable hook of the game, would have expected something similar here.
12:52pm 03/12/12 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
13887 posts
01:38pm 03/12/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20321 posts
They should have put Songbird on the cover, I mean if you had no idea what the game was and were just browsing shelves, I would imagine giant, badass looking robot would grab your attention more than generic action hero guy would. But then they'd probably just cop criticism for making it too much like the Bioshock cover art, so I guess you can't really win either way.
01:56pm 03/12/12 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
13888 posts
Not that it bothers me in the slightest either, but I agree that it doesn't seem like the best they could for marketing strength. You'd think even a bit more of the sky city of Colombia in the background would sell it better.
02:05pm 03/12/12 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
7008 posts
the bioshock dude looks like jamie lannister :p
04:31pm 03/12/12 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1859 posts
Maybe Irrational have made old mate a bit more of a fleshed out character for this one? If that's the case then there's every chance he'll be one of the more memorable protagonists you all speak of.
05:34pm 03/12/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6921 posts
Yeah, he's voiced in game, so I expect that he will become more of an active character than say the bioshock 1 guy.
05:44pm 03/12/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5463 posts
there's been a bit of backlash about this box art across the internet.

That definitely sounds like the internet... complain about the box art yet buy it via steam.
07:10pm 03/12/12 Permalink
Icarus
57 posts
Box art looks phenomenal to me.
11:54pm 03/12/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3216 posts
Meh, did not know who that dude was. At least other box art dudes are often iconic heroes or the generic 'mr bad ass' to attract attention. IMO stick to your iconic bioshock characters like big daddies or the little girls you rescue.
12:22am 04/12/12 Permalink
ara
Sydney, New South Wales
3547 posts
people still buy games in boxes?
11:07am 04/12/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
21105 posts
He could prolly double as Dr Who as well.
12:24pm 04/12/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13853 posts
the bioshock dude looks like jamie lannister :p

More like Harrison Ford IMO.
03:26pm 04/12/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1307 posts
More like Harrison Ford IMO.

I was thinkin more Crispin Glover (Marty's Dad from the BTTF films) but I see what both of you were thinking.

And yeah, Elizabeth would have made a better cover than the current one.
(and yea, I'm one of those guys that think the trigger finger looks dumb too.)
07:37am 05/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:37am 05/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.