AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
007 Legends Developer Suffers Major Layoffs
Steve Farrelly
Sydney, New South Wales
5676 posts
Eurocom, the developer behind the most recent 007 Legends, and the GoldenEye reboot before that, has had to reduce its staff from 200 to "just under 50 employees" Gamesindustry.biz reports.

"Eurocom [is] undertaking a restructuring which I regret to say has meant we've made the majority of our workforce redundant," reads a statement from studio director, Hugh Binns.

"This includes many very experienced, talented and highly skilled employees, and we'd like to thank them all for your hard work and efforts.

"We've fought to try and save as many jobs as possible, but the steep decline in demand for console games, culminating in a number of console projects falling through in the last week, left us with no option. Eurocom has retained a core staff of just under 50 employees and will be focusing mainly on mobile opportunities moving forward."

007 Legends was poorly received by critics the world over, and garnered a 4.2/10 on AusGamers.
10:33am 26/11/12 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
10:33am 26/11/12 Permalink
APK
Sydney, New South Wales
24 posts
"We've fought to try and save as many jobs as possible, but the steep decline in demand for console games, culminating in a number of console projects falling through in the last week, left us with no option. Eurocom has retained a core staff of just under 50 employees and will be focusing mainly on mobile opportunities moving forward."

I.E. they won't admit to making a bad game.
11:15am 26/11/12 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3801 posts
Weird, I thought console games are taking over the world, look at fucking call of duty for instance.
11:21am 26/11/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20272 posts
Yeah, I don't think theres any decline in the demand for console games, just a decline in the demand for the shit games they make.
11:39am 26/11/12 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
11:39am 26/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.

Advertise with Us | Download Media Kit | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
© Copyright 2001-2014 AusGamers™ Pty Ltd. ACN 093 772 242.
A Mammoth Media web development / Australian VPS Hosting by Mammoth Networks