deeper
Brisbane, Queensland
4167 posts
misleading thread title
11:07pm 23/11/12 Permalink
Nukleuz
Perth, Western Australia
221 posts
I like how she said "what do you have for airbags"... totally staring at her airbags.
11:13pm 23/11/12 Permalink
no you hang up
Brisbane, Queensland
2352 posts
Worth watching vid for chick in pink alone. Quite hot indeed.
08:50am 24/11/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7522 posts
Wowww. And the accent.
09:04am 24/11/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
6991 posts
nice baps
09:05am 24/11/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
8035 posts
She would actually be the ideal market, well, whoever is supporting her. First car for students etc, where you want to be able to get to/from lectures, but don't want to have to pay the excess rent of living within walking distance of campus.
09:13am 24/11/12 Permalink
deve
Brisbane, Queensland
78 posts
WOULD
11:44am 24/11/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20931 posts
She would actually be the ideal market, well, whoever is supporting her. First car for students etc, where you want to be able to get to/from lectures, but don't want to have to pay the excess rent of living within walking distance of campus.

But then think of the huge power bill you'd get when you have to charge the thing every night. Having seen some students' posts on here about how tight money is, I would imagine they would try to save everywhere they can. Plus riding a bike would keep you in shape.
11:57am 24/11/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6184 posts
It draws as much power as a vacuum cleaner
01:50pm 24/11/12 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10399 posts
And being that most people are ignorant to the fact that a vacuum cleaner draws about the same amount of power as 4 houses with every single light on in the whole house, you can pretend it isn't just gobbling fossil fuels like there's no tomorrow, not really all that different in the end to a petrol/diesel/gas car of the same size.
02:46pm 24/11/12 Permalink
Tiny
Brisbane, Queensland
3325 posts
Really though, would you want to drive that car around brisbane? It looks like a vagina on wheels.
03:15pm 24/11/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3442 posts
I'd get one as a 2nd run about

but what I could really see these been good at is the grey nomad market, having a roof would beat the old little scooter that some have mounted to their motorhomes,
03:32pm 24/11/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3443 posts
so, looks like some twizy owners might be riding a bike at least once over the nest few weeks,
http://www.news.com.au/business/breaking-news/renault-recalls-over-6000-electric-cars/story-e6frfkur-1226523235832
recalls over brake fluid leaks
06:24pm 24/11/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6185 posts
Yeah its a great idea but poorly implemented. I mean they charge extra for the doors and windows I mean wtf?

Rebuttle time:
I would rather drive this than a scooter or commuter motorbike because I dont feel safe on a bike.

The cost of electrcity is nothing especially if you got solar panels (I've been in credit for the last 2 years).

The cost of leccy power versus fuel is irrelevant because you have to pay a monthly battery rental.

06:40pm 24/11/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3444 posts
ahh, the renault, better place monthly battery deal

my understanding is that they (better place) feel that this is about what people are spending on fuel per month so it is a cost that is easy to come to terms with, they cover (and make profit in a few years) their cost, and people have the joy of one day pulling into a battery swap joint, and then driving out

it (better place) does cover more things like replacement batterys, and spreading of the costs, but how long will a car last?
06:56pm 24/11/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6186 posts
but how long will a car last?

A long time.

The electric motor is very low maintenance only one moving part. There is no gearbox either.

More likely to have electronic faults or battery failure.
07:18pm 24/11/12 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
6994 posts
i know you are the dude for flying the flag for electric vehicles slaps... but keep it real yo! you can't just state that all electric motors will last a long time or that they only have one moving part. an electric motor large enough to drive a car is going to have bearings on it's spindle so that's a bunch of moving parts. or saying stuff like "there is no gearbox"... not a tradition gearbox but the motor shaft doesn't drive directly to the wheel hub... there has to be moving parts in between to allow for suspension & the like. whether this particular motor is reliable long term.. only time (& use) will tell.

if renault sell a lot of these cars that chick in pink should get a commission :)
07:46pm 24/11/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3917 posts
Battery rental?? Seriously wtf .... way to kill off any real interest by the average Joe.

My only interest in future tech involving power usage and power generation is the ability to remove any dependence I have on companies to provide it. I look forward to a time when I can effectively generate and utilise my own power.
08:03pm 24/11/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7525 posts
This thread has clearly gone off the rails because it's turned to discussion about the car and not the hot Danish chick.
08:22pm 24/11/12 Permalink
Bromby
117 posts
What trees make when they're cut down...
09:20pm 24/11/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8047 posts
Looks like shit.
07:34am 25/11/12 Permalink
Mordecai
Victoria
1480 posts
But then think of the huge power bill you'd get when you have to charge the thing every night. Having seen some students' posts on here about how tight money is, I would imagine they would try to save everywhere they can. Plus riding a bike would keep you in shape.

It's keeping the girl in the video in very good shape.
07:54am 25/11/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6187 posts
electric motors will last a long time or that they only have one moving part. an electric motor large enough to drive a car is going to have bearings on it's spindle so that's a bunch of moving parts. or saying stuff like "there is no gearbox"... not a tradition gearbox but the motor shaft doesn't drive directly to the wheel hub... there has to be moving parts in between to allow for suspension & the like. whether this particular motor is reliable long term.. only time (& use) will tell.

Sorry dude didn't think I was writing an essay.

I'll rephrase that the electric drivetrain and transmission has fewer parts than a conventional ICE engine. MOst EV articles over the years have stated that the Syncro Magnet Electric motors are good for something like a million clicks... but even I dont believe that. But lets just agree that a dedictaed EV motor will last alot longer than a conventional ICE engine.

How long is a piece of string?
08:46am 25/11/12 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
08:46am 25/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.

Advertise with Us | Download Media Kit | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
© Copyright 2001-2014 AusGamers™ Pty Ltd. ACN 093 772 242.
A Mammoth Media web development / Australian VPS Hosting by Mammoth Networks