Bethesda tells us why ANZ will be first to Battlecry's beta!
Battlecry Beta First in ANZ!
We check out the fast-paced third-person Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive to see just what it has in store.
Sunset Overdrive Reviewed
We take a look at Firaxis' sci-fi take on the Civ universe
Civilization: Beyond Earth Reviewed
We sit down with Blizzard's Ion Hazzikostas to talk all things World of Warcraft, including upcoming expansion Warlords of Draenor.
Talking Draenor with Ion Hazzikostas
Origin 24 Hour Sale - Up to 50% Off
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36579 posts
Electronic Arts is having a big sale for a few big games on Origin, their digital store. The following titles are now on sale at 50% off:

. Battlefield 3 Standard Edition - $24.99
. Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand Expansion Pack - $9.99
. Battlefield 3 Close Quarters - $11.97
. Battlefield 3 Armored Kill - $11.97
. Medal of Honor Warfighter Digital Deluxe Edition - $44.99
. Medal of Honor Warfighter Standard Edition - $39.99
. NFS Most Wanted Standard Edition - $39.99
. FIFA 13 - $39.99
. The Sims 3 Supernatural Standard Edition (EP7) - $19.99
. Mass Effect 3 N7 Deluxe Edition - $39.99
. Mass Effect 3 - $29.99
. The Sims 3.5 Refresh - $39.99
. The Sims 3 Showtime (EP6) - $19.99
. The Sims 3 Pets (EP5) (NEW) - $19.99
. The Sims 3 Deluxe - $44.99

Head over to the Origin store now and grab yourself a bargain. The sale ends tomorrow at 7pm AEDT.

Don't forget to check out other online stores for better deals though - some of these prices are still suffering from the dreaded Australia tax.
07:02pm 23/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:02pm 23/11/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21834 posts
Thanks for this but jesus those prices are terrible. ME3 for $29.99 is so underwhelming.
07:15pm 23/11/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36580 posts
Yeh, figured it would be a bit like that but thought there might be one or two good deals in there somewhere!
07:21pm 23/11/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34615 posts
. The Sims 3 Deluxe - $44.99

sold!
07:27pm 23/11/12 Permalink
Phandaal
Melbourne, Victoria
45 posts
Go home Origin, no one cares about your dumb ass.
12:51am 24/11/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6878 posts
The real reason that I stopped pirating was because I could have an awesome centralised steam library, not really because of how cheap things were (though that helps). Origin threatens the whole piracy stopping system, with EA pulling out and trying to split things away from one beautiful centralised games library.

Basically, if it was on origin for $2, I'd still probably lose enthusiasm and realise that I shouldn't be spending the money... and look for a torrent first...
01:43am 24/11/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2352 posts
I hate Origin as much as the next guy, but I honestly wish there were more Steam equivalents and an industry-wide standard.

Something about an pervasive industry-wide electronic game store and content delivery system being owned and controlled by just one company (Valve) just doesn't feel comfortable to me, I can't help but wonder what would happen if Valve went out of business or something.

I realise it's pretty unrealistic but ideally I'd love to see equivalent options in addition to Steam and an ability to have any of the options manage your purchases, including the ability to transfer your complete library of games between them.

It's a bit like how I don't like that social networking is dominated by Facebook, it would be so much better to be able to have a social network profile on any site and add friends/view and talk to other people on any other social network.
02:27am 24/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:27am 24/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.