Visceral's spin on the Battlefield series breaks the norm and introduces a story with depth. We take it for a ride!
Bringing a Story to Battlefield
Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Dev Interview
We take a nostalgic look back at one of the best N64 games to ever be made, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Throwback Thursday - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
WWE '13 Review
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8091 posts
THQ is back with another WWE pro wrestling game, this time the WW '13 title which includes such favourites as cover Superstar CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, John Cena, D-Generation X, Undertaker, Mankind, Brock Lesnar, Sheamus and Rey Mysterio. Along with the well know characters comes the debut of a franchise-first single player campaign called "Attitude Era".

We got our resident pro wrestling fan Amos Hong to check out the newest title, and give us his thoughts on just how well the wrestling genre is holding up in today's market.
For me, the inclusion of the Attitude Era Mode, which replaces last year’s rather dull Road to Wrestlemania Mode, is the highlight of the game. It allows me to relive and replay some of the greatest matches and moments in WWE history, and the game does a fantastic job of recreating these moments, down to the smallest detail.
Check out the full review over here.
05:57pm 23/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:57pm 23/11/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9573 posts
Does it have Ryback ?

FEED ME MORE
FEED ME MORE
FEED ME MORE

http://picturesofcmpunk.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/tumblr_m9yetifqqe1qi4vlo.gif

11:54pm 23/11/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20261 posts
Wrestling games are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, like WWE itself, its mindless stupid fun :P

Been a while since I bothered with one though, seems they just churn them out and they're all shovelware crap these days. The ones back on the N64 though were f*****g awesome. This one sounds like it might be worth a shot.
01:33am 24/11/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1012 posts
I remember the N64 days with WWF and WCW. Toyworld here where I am still has the first WCW (which i had and it looked crap) game in a glass cabinet for $89........I should tell them and give them $5 for it.
05:58am 24/11/12 Permalink
Steve Farrelly
Sydney, New South Wales
5675 posts
I hate Ryback - there's nothing in his 'wrestling' or personality that is even remotely appealing. He struggles at the best of times to show his supposed "strength" against the other big-hitters and, in comparison to the impact Brock Lesnar had when he debuted, Ryback looks like a lightweight pussy. Brock would eat him for breakfast and every match he's put over and over again. He can't sell hits or falls and makes each match an absolute bore to watch as a result.

I'm currently enjoying Big Show and Sheamus' feud much, much more.
01:57pm 24/11/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9578 posts
Crowd goes off for Ryback though.
Did you see the PPV when the Ref hit him with the low blow ROFL

03:19pm 24/11/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20264 posts
Yeah, I watched like a recap type thing last weekend, was the first time I'd seen any WWE for years, and some of the newer guys look pretty s*** compared to it in its glory days. I mean, everyone knows its fake and choreographed, but at least in the past they were pretty good at selling it, now it just looks extremely, obviously fake. But Mick Foley was back, so that at least was pretty awesome.
06:09pm 24/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:09pm 24/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.