Bethesda tells us why ANZ will be first to Battlecry's beta!
Battlecry Beta First in ANZ!
We take a look at Firaxis' sci-fi take on the Civ universe
Civilization: Beyond Earth Reviewed
We sit down with Blizzard's Ion Hazzikostas to talk all things World of Warcraft, including upcoming expansion Warlords of Draenor.
Talking Draenor with Ion Hazzikostas
Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
Rift: Storm Legion Review
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8086 posts
The MMO genre is a very competitive area, where developers need to ensure that their playerbase is constantly on-the-move in all aspects that a modern-day MMO requires. The balance between PvE and PvP needs to be kept at bay, the reassurance that those new high-end items are truly powerful plus a whole range of other very intricate details.

Rift: Storm Legion is Trion World's first expansion for the dynamically adjusted MMO, and looks to offer a huge amount of new content for any brave player to take on. We got our expert in the field James Pinnell to give the new expansion a bash to see just how far Trion has come since launching Rift earlier last year.
If you've been playing Rift since launch, whether to purchase this expansion or not doesn't even require thought. It's the content/feature pack you were promised and on that note it delivers in spades. New players, however, may find what's on offer to be woefully dated alongside a player population significantly diminished next (and due to) to the more recent competition in the market.
Read on for the full review of Rift's latest expansion.
12:37pm 23/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:37pm 23/11/12 Permalink
Sile
Melbourne, Victoria
55 posts
Dimensions are one of the major selling points of this game (xpac). How they have implemented the building of houses for players is absolutely remarkable. You list it as a negative because you can't "see it from the street"?

I am the same Rift player. Quit after just over a month and yet, I can see the how the dimensions are an absolutely fantastic idea and well implemented. I really think it should have been in your "likes".

Other than that, pretty good review.
12:57pm 23/11/12 Permalink
JamesPinnell
Brisbane, Queensland
14 posts
I'm really not a fan of instanced player housing at all - I think it just exists to perpetuate the closed nature of most MMOs, especially when there is a prime opportunity to create a huge draw card in player built and run environments that blend with the public world. Like I wrote, it functions well as building is simple but I just don't see a draw card outside of a great monetization avenue for Trion.
01:10pm 23/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:10pm 23/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.