We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Czech President Appeals to Greece Over Jailed ArmA 3 Developers
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8076 posts
For those who have been following the news about the two recently detained ArmA 3 developers in Greece will be pleased to know that the President of Czech Republic, Václav Klaus, has formally contacted his Greek counterpart over the controversial detention.

Eurorgamer is reporting that a letter from Klaus has highlighted the urgency of the matter to Greek president Karolos Papoulias, over the detained Bohemia Interactive employees Ivan Buchta and Martin Pezlar. The employees are currently being held for up to 70 days awaiting trial.
"I would like to address a matter of two Czech citizens who were arrested in Greece and charged with espionage," Czech president Václav Klaus wrote, translated for Eurogamer by Eurogamer.cz. "This case is very sensitive to the Czech public and also to me as President of the Republic. The fate of our citizens anywhere in the world matters to us.

"I have no doubt that the democratic Greek authorities - police, prosecutors and the courts - will consider this unfortunate matter impartially and independently. Even I do not in any way want to interfere with their work.

"I want to ask you, Mr. President, to follow this unfortunate affair with special attention considering the excellent relations between our nations so this does not throw unnecessary shade onto our relationship.

"Once again, I want to assure you that I have the utmost certainty that our accused citizens will be given all the rights in the search for justice by the Greek authorities.”
The great controversial arrest came after Buchta and Pezlar were accused of taking photos of Greek military installations, however Bohemia has claimed that that they were simply acting as tourists, with several other people also taking photos of the same place. The two were arrested during September and have since been held in prison since due to the current political conditions in Greece.
03:40pm 22/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:40pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2988 posts
They recently had their appeal and bail denied and will have to go to trial for espionage. I'm so confused by Greece's motive here.
04:50pm 22/11/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21812 posts
Anyone know the maximum sentence for espionage in Greece?
04:53pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2989 posts
Anyone know the maximum sentence for espionage in Greece?

Up to 20 years.
04:58pm 22/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:58pm 22/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close