We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
Xylobands
Mantis
Brisbane, Queensland
1044 posts
Unfortunately i didn't go to the Coldplay concert at Suncorp last night but it sounds like it was pretty epic. I've seen them before and they put on a great show. Very energetic and interactive.

Anyways, i've seen some videos of them using their Xylobands at the concert. For anyone that doesn't know what they are, they are a LED wristband that has a radio receiver. Concert goers get given a random color and then a computer program (and a transmitter) sends out a signal to light up certain colors (or all) and to say what to do (blink, stay on, turn off, etc). This means they can have a 50,000 pixel light show going in time with their music.

Pretty cool concept. Was created by a guy after going to another Colplay concert and thinking of it during Fix You (awesome song in concert!).

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xyloband

This seems to be the first mainstreem use and it's actually costing them a fair bit to do it as they can't re-use the wristbands (due to legal reasons).

But i guess some people/bands are more interested in the show than just making a s***load of money. Coldplay were always a band to try new things in their music vids and concerts.

Anyways, here is a vid of them in action:

I am looking forward to seeing their kind of interaction in future events. The tech just needs to get cheaper.

On a side note, didn't realise Temper Trap were supporting. I would have loved to see them in concert. I thought i heard them playing when i went for a walk around Milton yesterday afternoon. Must have been a sound check or something.
02:45pm 22/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:45pm 22/11/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16236 posts
lighter -> mobile -> LED wristbands
03:11pm 22/11/12 Permalink
BOOST
Brisbane, Queensland
522 posts
They had the led wrist bands, lasers, strobe lights, fireworks, giant screens, giant balloons and confetti. I'm not sure but I think there was a band playing as well. It was over the top IMO and was a bit gimmicky.

Temper trap was awesome and they had none of that stuff.
05:04pm 22/11/12 Permalink
scooby
Brisbane, Queensland
4517 posts
i went last night, was pre rad

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/617095_10151214737861107_1383249004_o.jpg

also lols on the way home... accident with some hyundai jammed in the entrance to the busway tunnel meant that buses were gridlocked solid all the way back to suncorp...
we were first in line so using my awesome skills I guided the driver to divert around the blockage and hopped back on the busway at the mater, bus was cheerin' :feelsgoodman:
07:45pm 22/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:45pm 22/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.