Grab yourself a beta key for World of Warcraft's fifth expansion right here!
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Beta Giveaway
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Cursing C***atoo
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10738 posts
As you may know c***atoos are highly intelligent parrots that live as long as humans. They also have a tendency to mimic and even learn human behaviour.

Cheeky bugger!
04:43pm 21/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:43pm 21/11/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3430 posts
we had one as a pet in darwin,

my spend alot of time teaching it to say her name.

dad, and other army mates taught it better phrases, like "show us your tits" and mum continued to try and teach her name

the c***y learnt to string the phrases together, (as it got him attention)

after going away on holidays he also learnt to say "here pus pus pus" (neighbor lost their cat)
06:35pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13830 posts
They are such awesome pets - as long as you don't have close neighbours.

Ours called the dog, 'Rex', who was a big Irish Setter and the dog used to actually go over to the bird which was pretty funny.

Also yelled "Mum!" a lot, but was so convincing that sometimes mum used to actually come and say, "WHAT!?" to us sitting on the couch.

It was excellent at imitating car sounds as well.
07:11pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Murderer
Tasmania
2000 posts
haha, that was funny as when it said "shut the f*** up!" sounded clear as day :D

My mate who moved to Adelaide sometime ago told me he was driving up the highway and a parrot flew into his car and it lay limp on the windscreen. he drove for like 10kms and then finally thought to pull over.

He got out and the parrot looked at him but wouldn't budge, he tried biting him etc and wouldn't move.

He drove for another 200kms or something and the parrot was still just chillin.

He got to his destination and finished up, the parrot was still there - he took him off finally and chucked him in the car, he's now had him for like 4 years or something and his name is buddy and he can say heaps of things apparently :D

Bloody tripper haha
07:36pm 21/11/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6181 posts

> John received a parrot as an early Christmas gift.
> The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary.
> Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with
> profanity.
>
> John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently
> saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he
> could think of to 'clean up' the bird's vocabulary.
> Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot.
> The parrot yelled back.
>
> John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John,
> in desperation, threw up his hands, grabbed the bird and shoved him in
> the freezer.
>
> For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed.
> Then suddenly there was total quiet.
> Not a peep was heard for over a minute.
>
> Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot,
> John quickly opened the door to the freezer.
>
> The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said
> 'I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions.
> I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I
> fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and
> unforgivable behavior.'
>
> John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.
> As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change
> in his behavior, the bird continued... .
>
>
> ........."May I inquire as to what the turkey did?'

08:24pm 21/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1037 posts
08:49pm 21/11/12 Permalink
IncrEdible_vEgetable
Brisbane, Queensland
2230 posts

09:45pm 21/11/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8041 posts
Mate had a budgie that said he it could bark like a Rottie, I refused to believe it until I was standing next to the sleeping rottie and heard the budgie.

Incredible really how they can replicate sounds that shouldn't be able to come out of an animal that size.
11:32pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3913 posts
I had a Sulfur crested C***y named Charlie, man he was a funny bastard. He had a hell of a vocabulary and seemed pretty good at knowing when to use certain lines. He used to call my cats for dinner at around the same time every night and they'd come running. He copied the people next door reverse alarm on their 4wd and the guys cough he had the sound of a ringing phone down well enough they he'd often suck someone in. He also used to call my sister by name and my mum aswell.

One of his things was he used to like swiping my dads tools while he was working in the back yard. We used to let him wander around doing his own thing outside and he only ever flew off twice and both times into a nearby gum tree and he'd just sit there and scream blue murder until someone came to get him. He also become something of an expert at breaking out of his cage so we ended up pad locking it. He eventually learned how to use the key so if you gave it to him he could put it in the lock and open it up.

They are great companions but you absolutely have to dedicate your time to spending time with them. They are incredibly sociable and probably need more company than any other pet I can think of.
04:03am 22/11/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21808 posts
Wanna meet Charlie the c***atoo
07:15am 22/11/12 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3626 posts
The Monty Python parrot sketch is an all time classic.

We are, were, baby sitting a friends bird, a parakeet I think, and it had this tumour over its eye. Anyway we found it dead yesterday morning. Bottom of the cage stiff as a board.

Missus and I both broke out into that sketch, couldn't help it. :-)
04:00pm 24/11/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21840 posts
We are, were, baby sitting a friends bird, a parakeet I think, and it had this tumour over its eye. Anyway we found it dead yesterday morning. Bottom of the cage stiff as a board.
D:
08:07pm 24/11/12 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4460 posts
What does it keep saying?
08:20pm 24/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:20pm 24/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close