AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Activision Pulls Nuketown 2025 Map from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 24...
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8040 posts
Having been advertised as a pre-order incentive for the latest Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Activision has recently pulled out the Nuketown 2025 map from the 24/7 rotation with Treyarch game design director David Vonderhaar stating via Twitter that the "double XP weekend is over. That means Nuketown 2025/24-7 is over."

Players who pre-ordered the Call of Duty title were given access to a Double XP weekend and the Nuketown 2025 map, however it wasn't stated whether it would be temporary or not which led to the belief that it was a permanent map for the rotation. A new tweet by Vonderhaar has confirmed that the map will be back in for special events and is currently available in all other game modes and in custom matches with friends.

Source: Kotaku
11:03am 20/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:03am 20/11/12 Permalink
badfunkstripe
147 posts
What a load of nonsense. The game has been broken in Australia since launch. With most people having to play in laggy US servers. Now they take away part of the pre-order bonus?

Available in all other modes? Like what?

I could never find the option and still can't for in Zombies. None of my friends have BO2 for custom matches. So that's a bust.

It can't be in normal map rotation as not everyone has it.

This is a massive slap in the face to fans. One I am sure is purely because it was more popular than their new maps.
11:40am 20/11/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
8026 posts
CoD players being screwed by Activision
CoD players sooking about Activision screwing them
*yawn*
11:45am 20/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1012 posts
CoD players being screwed by ActivisionCoD players sooking about Activision screwing them *yawn*

shhhh, don't enlighten them, keep the retail consumer herd out of good games!
11:56am 20/11/12 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
5059 posts
Yeah I don't exactly want to be abused when I kill someone in planetside 2. That's 1 good thing about CoD, it keeps all the kids busy while us real men play better games.
12:46pm 20/11/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13130 posts
AHahha yet people continue to buy it. They must love getting screwed all sorts of different ways.
01:33pm 20/11/12 Permalink
kappa
Brisbane, Queensland
1997 posts
Update: It's back!
Just launched a new fast-action playlist in the Bonus category called Chaos Moshpit. Back by popular demand: Nuketown 2025!
05:43pm 20/11/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21799 posts
oops
05:48pm 20/11/12 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1853 posts
It's a s*** map anyway. I played some S&D on it yesterday and that's probably one of the better modes and it's still s***.
06:06pm 20/11/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20248 posts
Hehe, "Back by popular demand", they say that like they're doing something special for people and not just delivering on what they already promised to do.
06:06pm 20/11/12 Permalink
qmass
Queensland
10454 posts
Its f***ed up that there seems to be zero legal requirement to deliver in the games industry - litigation is not what im talking about, more like the ACCC spanking their asses for being pricks to their customers.
08:11pm 20/11/12 Permalink
badfunkstripe
149 posts
qmass

Yeah it's insane that games get away with such nonsense. Whether it's overselling and basically lying as to what the product is. Or launching something completely buggy and substandard.

Even though I love the game, Battlefield 3 was one of the worst. They over sold on everything. It's a good game but was advertised as everything we wanted. PC lead platform, unparalleled destruction, the biggest maps ever and so forth.

Game comes out, everyone goes, "this isn't what we were told" and DICE goes... "yeah we ditched all that a long time ago and focused on consoles."

Apparently that's perfectly fine to do.
10:33pm 20/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:33pm 20/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close