We take a look at Telltale's latest adventures in Gearbox's Borderlands to find out just what you can expect from this new adventure series.
Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 1: Zer0 Sum Reviewed
We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm Dated March 12 2013; Digital Pre-Ord...
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
1992 posts
Blizzard has announced a release date for the upcoming Heart of the Swarm expansion for StarCraft 2, putting it at a March 2013 release (thanks Creepy). The expansion will see players taking on a new singleplayer campaign centred around Sarah Kerrigan, Queen of the Blades, as she gathers the Zerg forces for revenge.
Heart of the Swarm features a new campaign continuing the epic story of Sarah Kerrigan, Queen of Blades, as she gathers the remnants of the zerg Swarm and plots her revenge against the treacherous dictator of the Koprulu sector, Arcturus Mengsk. It also introduces several new multiplayer units and features that enhance the acclaimed StarCraft II online experience.

With Heart of the Swarm, our goal has been to expand on the multiplayer action and cinematic storytelling of Wings of Liberty,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Combined with features like unranked matchmaking and our new leveling system, this expansion elevates the StarCraft II experience for players of all skill levels.”
Blizzard has also revealed that a new collector's edition will be available for Heart of the Swarm, which includes a digital and physical bonus item. There will also be the opportunity to purchase a Digital Deluxe edition directly from Blizzard, priced at $64.95 AUD. Players who purchase a standard digital edition or a retail copy will also have the chance to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe edition for an extra $20 AUD.

StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm will be available on March 12th, 2013 for PC and Mac.
05:11am 14/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:11am 14/11/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7499 posts
Sweet, now where's my time machine?
08:20am 14/11/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10703 posts
Just Queen of Blades will do.
12:50pm 14/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13109 posts
02:31pm 14/11/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10705 posts
03:15pm 14/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13112 posts
Jesus christ how is that awful bug not fixed, and yet the [news] suggestion got pushed into production basically instantly?
03:16pm 14/11/12 Permalink
JakeG
Thailand
1128 posts
How long has SC2 been out by the time this expansion hits the shelves?

Am I right in thinking there are more expansions to come after this one too?

Guess it's keeping those pro-gamers busy adjusting to all the changes.
05:33pm 14/11/12 Permalink
Stalfax
Perth, Western Australia
126 posts
$65 for an expansion?? Not long ago expansions were $50
09:06pm 14/11/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10708 posts
It's $50 from EB, you have to pay more for the extra stuff, whatever that is.
09:18pm 14/11/12 Permalink
konstie
Melbourne, Victoria
2025 posts
Jesus christ how is that awful bug not fixed, and yet the [news] suggestion got pushed into production basically instantly?

its on the TO DO list
09:20pm 14/11/12 Permalink
Mosfx
Gold Coast, Queensland
1283 posts
$65 for an expansion?? Not long ago expansions were $50

Inflation...
10:55pm 14/11/12 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1994 posts
I think the problem is that people were sold on the notion that StarCraft II was to be a game (Wings of Liberty) with two expansions (Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void).

The impression I get is that these are basically separate games in a trilogy. In some circumstances*, you will be able to play Heart of the Swarm without owning Wings of Liberty (at least, for multiplayer).

*Blizzard's FAQ makes it rather vague
Will Heart of the Swarm require ownership of Wings of Liberty?

For the regions that have a standard box business model such as North America and Europe, yes, Wings of Liberty will be required in order to play Heart of the Swarm. For other regions that have alternative access models, we’ll provide details at a later date.
Link
02:57am 15/11/12 Permalink
sidochrome
16 posts
That's because it IS a game with two expansions, just like SC1 was a game with one expansion, with Brood War adding additional campaign missions and multiplayer units.

The FAQ question above is more relevant to countries like China and Korea - for most of the western world that operates off the box model mentioned (Aus included), you will need WoL to play HotS.

The exception to that is that all features added in HotS (clan support, Golbal Play, etc) will be patched in and available for WoL players as well.
09:37am 15/11/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6210 posts
China operates differently. Not as many people own their own pc's so cafe's etc still are the biggest sales market so they have to make a system that works better for that kind of market. Not for the cafe, but for the people who buy it just to use it in a cafe.

In some countries (like japan) blizzard just don't even bother releasing at all. They either buy the US or Korean version and hope they understand the interface enough.
10:40am 15/11/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20193 posts
Yeah, I dunno that its a traditional expansion though, people have short memories if they forget the uproar it caused when Blizzard announced they were splitting the game up and doing it in three parts instead of all in one. A traditional expansion to me is like you have the original game which tells its entire story, then the expansion is an extra bit on top, but this is more like the second part of a game that comes in three parts. Like episodic content with a really, really long time between episodes and each episode is huge :P
11:11am 15/11/12 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1996 posts
Yep, the story content for HotS looks to be almost as immersive (read: lengthy) as the previous title.

In other news, preordered with Gamestop today, and downloading the beta client right now... :)
01:26pm 15/11/12 Permalink
Mass
Brisbane, Queensland
1305 posts
I pre-ordered two copies from EB Games.....now to work on speeding up time....
01:51pm 15/11/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20197 posts
Pre-ordered a collector's edition from the website, dunno if that means I get a beta key or not. If I do though, someone here can have it cos I wont really use it.
02:29pm 15/11/12 Permalink
Mass
Brisbane, Queensland
1312 posts
Has anyone who ordered from EB got their beta access code? I'm still waiting.....grrrrrr hate false advertising!
10:42am 20/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:42am 20/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.