AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think.
Hearthstone: Naxxramas' Cursed Review
You guys like computers right? (Sickbeard, Synology and Samsungs)
Spock
Brisbane, Queensland
2114 posts
So i've recently got sickbeard set up on a synology ds1511+ connected to a series 5 samsung 40 inch...

but when sickbeard does any kind of renaming, the TV fails to recognise this...

the only thing i can think to fix this with is going in via windows; and renaming all files manually (nah, waste of time); copying and replacing files (still a waste of time, but i dont have to be at the computer for this); or cutting and replacing files/folders to original position...

Has anyone had anything like this happen?

or can anyone recommend me a program that will move a folders contents to another location and then back to the original location, but automatically? so I dont have to waste my time doing it? and if so is there one for a ds1511+ or can i write one cause it sounds simple? (no i don't know any code)
12:18am 14/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:18am 14/11/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20902 posts
So basically it downloads tv shows, renames then, catalogs them, and lets your TV know about them? My readynas has a similar thing on it (minus the downloading illegal shows part) with a manual rescan button, does sickbeard have anything similar? Is there any kind of database update timer option? like scan once a day, once an hour, constantly watch a folder for changes, etc?
12:26am 14/11/12 Permalink
Spock
Brisbane, Queensland
2116 posts
well there's update show names and re-scan things, but no, not a update folders function that i know of. the dumb thing is, i can see everything on a pc, if i change a file from the pc it is viewable on tv, but not if i let sickbeard do the work.
12:43am 14/11/12 Permalink
shrapse
Brisbane, Queensland
3793 posts
Disable sickbeard post processing?
12:59am 14/11/12 Permalink
shrapse
Brisbane, Queensland
3794 posts
also, have you enabled the synology indexer in sickbeard?
01:05am 14/11/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34556 posts
don't have this problem with torrents;

my torrents download automatically, then unzip and get indexed by wmp;

my tv can then play them fine.

05:51am 14/11/12 Permalink
3x0dus
Townsville, Queensland
1668 posts
does sickbeard run undera diffrent user then the share folders? an not being seen due to permissions?
08:04am 14/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13099 posts
don't have this problem with torrents;

This has nothing to do with torrents vs usenet you gronk!

Sounds funky wish I could help.
08:51am 14/11/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34563 posts
just pointing out hoggy that if he used torrents he wouldnt have this issue!

dont get all hoggy up in my grill please
08:52am 14/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13100 posts
dont get all hoggy up in my grill please

Is getting all hoggy a thing now? You startin' c***?!
09:00am 14/11/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34564 posts
oh my!
the eclipse has turned hoggy in a c-word user!
09:00am 14/11/12 Permalink
Insom
Canada
4113 posts
What doesn't your TV recognise? The usual script is:

1. you tell sickbeard you're interested in some show and it creates a folder like "Your TV Folder/Show Name" and tells sab to download any episodes it finds
2. sab downloads and unpacks the show as "Show.Name.S01E01.blah.avi" in its own download folder
3. sickbeard does its magic and renames the file as "Show Name - S01E01 - Episode Name.avi" in a folder like "Your TV Folder/Show Name/Season 1"
4. profit

Are you saying it can't see just the renamed episodes, or can't see the show folder at all, or?

last edited by Insom at 09:35:16 14/Nov/12
09:34am 14/11/12 Permalink
Spock
Brisbane, Queensland
2117 posts
i'm saying it cant see anything renamed by sickbeard, although i'm about to try enabling this synology indexer in sickbeard that i've never heard of till now... and see how that goes.
12:08am 15/11/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20906 posts
does sickbeard run undera diffrent user then the share folders? an not being seen due to permissions?

actually, this brings me to another "theory"

If I'm watching a video stored on the NAS, and I rename it in windows, it'll show up as being renamed, but if I'm also watching that video the NAS will keep both references to the video (old and new file name) alive as long as the player still has the video open.

Maybe sickbeard or your NAS is detecting a file is open (even if it's by a local service) and is keeping the old name in the index until whatever other service lets go of it.
12:18am 15/11/12 Permalink
Spock
Brisbane, Queensland
2118 posts
nah, it's just keeping old index files. that aren't there anymore.
01:01am 15/11/12 Permalink
eXemplar
Brisbane, Queensland
2812 posts
I've seen this a few times and basically what I've boiled it down to is some nas dlna/upnp server software use inotify to detect file changes but for some reason when sickbeard moves something it doesn't trigger a new notification. Not sure if this is a permission problem or just the way the python scripts move stuff and I never bothered troubleshooting it any further, just wrote a little web script which rebuilds the database on demand.
01:46am 15/11/12 Permalink
Insom
Canada
4116 posts
i'm saying it cant see anything renamed by sickbeard, although i'm about to try enabling this synology indexer in sickbeard that i've never heard of till now... and see how that goes.

okay, so the files were already in the TV folder etc, you're just getting sickbeard to rename them

does it matter if synology indexer is run or not? afaik that's just the index that the find file function uses to speed up searches
07:10am 15/11/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8312 posts
I have no idea but I'm going to piggy back of your thread and see if anyone out there would know why my Sickbeard/SABnzbd install has just stopped renaming and moving my downloaded ISOs. All the scheduling still works but I have to move files manually now :(
07:41am 15/11/12 Permalink
Insom
Canada
4117 posts
I have no idea but I'm going to piggy back of your thread and see if anyone out there would know why my Sickbeard/SABnzbd install has just stopped renaming and moving my downloaded ISOs. All the scheduling still works but I have to move files manually now :(

sounds like SABnzbd it isn't calling the sabToSickBeard script after your ISOs arrive, or the script is no longer configured correctly
09:04am 15/11/12 Permalink
Spock
Brisbane, Queensland
2119 posts
does it matter if synology indexer is run or not?

uh, i dont know, how do i run that? (i didnt get the synology indexer in sickbeard to run either, if these are different things.
11:09am 15/11/12 Permalink
Spock
Brisbane, Queensland
2120 posts
so does anyone know how to get it to run? or run every time a change is made (the syno-indexer for sickbeard)
10:06am 17/11/12 Permalink
Insom
Canada
4124 posts
need moar info, what exactly *can* you see on the tv? the show folders? the episodes that were downloaded originally by sickbeard but not the renamed ones?
10:31am 17/11/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20913 posts
so does anyone know how to get it to run? or run every time a change is made (the syno-indexer for sickbeard)

set up a cron job to run the indexer every 5 minutes? Sure you wouldn't see any changes until it ran but it's better than nothing I guess. Although if it takes more than 5 minutes to complete I don't know if you'd end up with multiple instances of the indexer running.
02:41pm 17/11/12 Permalink
Insom
Canada
4125 posts
sickbeard does have a flag in the "notifications" config to run the syno indexer, as I said I don't think it'll solve this issue but it can't hurt

edit: notifications config, not post processing config

last edited by Insom at 14:53:41 17/Nov/12
02:52pm 17/11/12 Permalink
Spock
Brisbane, Queensland
2122 posts
need moar info, what exactly *can* you see on the tv? the show folders? the episodes that were downloaded originally by sickbeard but not the renamed ones?

yes, you had it... the tv can see the show folders and original downloads, but no renamed ones.
07:16pm 17/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:16pm 17/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close