Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
Gimbal
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6663 posts

Saw this neat little game mentioned on Rock Paper Shotgun.
Gimbal is a 2D team-based multi-player space shooter where you design your own ships. Ship designs are stored as PNG images, meaning you can easily share them around (you also steal the designs of ships you defeat). The game supports 64 players, and it even includes bots and a dedicated server.
Anyway, there's currently a "Pay What You Want" deal for it running over on IndieGameStand, meaning you can pick it up for as little as 25 US cents.
06:12pm 08/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:12pm 08/11/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3127 posts
Sold. Pay over $2.71 for bonus content.

Didnt know about this website, bookmarked, thanks.
06:28pm 08/11/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10657 posts
I tried the demo. Interesting little game, make sure you use the dog fight camera. But I don't understand why you run out of ammo. Do you have to dock with the carrier or do you just kill yourself?
08:04pm 08/11/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3128 posts
Yeah, u can dock with carrier to heal and rearm. Scope idea is pretty good. Needs custom controls so i can set movement to ESDF not arrow keys.

I only briefly played online with 300ping which was pretty s*** cause of delay. Was cruising around with my little ship that shoots ~6 machine guns. Decided to check out the enemy's carrier and as i got close i was sprayed with a massive hail of bullets from a single ship (not the carrier), that i can only guess had about 30 machine guns. Instadeath.
08:11pm 08/11/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10658 posts
I wonder if you can take out the carrier though if everyone focus fires on it.
08:23pm 08/11/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3129 posts
I think there are a few game modes but yes, i think 1 mode is 'destroy the enemy's base'.
08:26pm 08/11/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10659 posts
Just gave them $5 for it. We should organise some games.
08:26pm 08/11/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6664 posts
Needs custom controls so i can set movement to ESDF not arrow keys.
Select Settings from the main menu and there's a "Designer Defaults..." button which allows you to specify default binds for any new designs you make. You can also rebind keys in the hangar/designer, select a part and the key bindings for that part are on the lower right. WASD/Arrows users can also click a shortcut at the top of the hangar/designer screen to convert a ship to WASD/Arrows.
08:29pm 08/11/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3130 posts
Thanks dude. Thought it was strange they let you customise a few controls but not the movement ones.
08:31pm 08/11/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6665 posts
The enemy carrier can be destroyed and your team instantly wins the round (every player on the team gets a $20 trillion bonus while the player who delivers the finishing shot gets an additional $100 trillion). If you check out the server options, you can arm the carriers with weapons and set their armour level (both teams' carriers will get the same load-out). You can also set the carrier to patrol around the map and engage the other team's carrier.
08:40pm 08/11/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3131 posts
Just spent 5mins on 16 player melbourne server. Good fun. Got a few kills. Now i need to see about making a better ship.
10:15pm 08/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:15pm 08/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.