We take a look at Telltale's latest adventures in Gearbox's Borderlands to find out just what you can expect from this new adventure series.
Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 1: Zer0 Sum Reviewed
We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
Carrier Command: Gaea Mission - Beta info
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2420 posts
Bohemia Interactive have announced an upcoming beta (April 6) for their remake of the classic Carrier Command, Carrier Command: Gaea Mission.

From Carrier Command home page;

"Our aim is to open up the project so that people will be able to contribute not only in terms of funding, but also by helping us to further improve what we feel is already a great experience. For us, as an independent developer, involving outside enthusiasts like this is extremely valuable and we greatly appreciate the support of everyone willing to join in."

http://www.carriercommand.com/newweb/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ccgm_pnc_screenshot_4.jpg

http://www.carriercommand.com/newweb/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ccgm_pnc_screenshot_2.jpg

They have come up with the Play & Contribute deal, it comes in two flavors.

Standard ($22.18USD): The standard P&C pack provides access to the beta and – upon release – a free digital Store.bistudio.com copy of the full game.

Premium ($44.37USD): Those who are willing to confer maximum development support can opt in for the Carrier Command: Gaea Mission P&C Supporter pack, which ships with beta-access, a full game copy from Store.bistudio.com and Steam, plus the digital Gaea Universe soundtrack (composed by BAFTA winner Troels Brun Folmann). Both offers are available for a limited time.

BIS Store, Play & Contribute.

http://www.carriercommand.com/newweb/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ccgm_pnc_screenshot_3.jpg

http://www.carriercommand.com/newweb/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ccgm_pnc_screenshot_1.jpg
03:50pm 04/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:50pm 04/04/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
871 posts
This looks good... but I have problems with the way Bohemia Int. create titles...

Sure their current game engine is amazing to look at, and has some phenomenal potential... but they just don't make good GAMES

Has anyone locally had any first hand experience with this title?
04:45pm 04/04/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
6179 posts
Actually looks pretty sweet, something I haven't played in awhile for sure.
04:52pm 04/04/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2421 posts
This looks good... but I have problems with the way Bohemia Int. create titles...

Sure their current game engine is amazing to look at, and has some phenomenal potential... but they just don't make good GAMES

Has anyone locally had any first hand experience with this title?

You mean feature wise? They do have some issue with it but they are working to correct those with this latest generation of the engine, physics, animation and lighting are prob going to be the biggest differences. But they do make good games on that engine.
05:02pm 04/04/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
879 posts
Trauma, I guess my problem is that I'm expecting a game that this engine (or use of this engine) just isn't.
I'd love to see a more elegant UI in this engine.

Think ARMA or Op. Flash.; when you approach some objects there's an infuriating little sub-menu which is navigated with the '[' or ']' keys and then 'accepted' with 'enter' or 'declined' with 'Escape'.

I'd think BI could develop a more elegant solution, or even just open the game up so 'every function' is mapped to a keyboard shortcut.
Having used their government aimed products; as simulators and training aids, their products are quite good, but it just isn't much good for a game.

Not sure if that made much sense... but I guess my problem lies within the UI that BI products have; it's clunky and kinda horrible.
05:48pm 04/04/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2422 posts
Yea the UI is a lot to take in but I navigate the menus with the mouse wheel and mouse keys or a sequence of F keys if it's a common task I have memorized through repetition. Apparently they are working on the UI for Arma 3 with increased accessibility in mind and as for Carrier Command no clue how it will be, depends on how many commands over all there is I guess. No way you could fit all commands in Arma on your keyboard with out modifiers and sequences.
06:36pm 04/04/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7346 posts
this looks like the same game engine/textures as WoT?
06:37pm 04/04/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2423 posts
this looks like the same game engine/textures as WoT?

It runs on BIS's Real Virtuality engine.
07:11pm 04/04/12 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
1837 posts
Gayuh Mission. srsly?
02:32pm 07/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:32pm 07/04/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.