We take a look at Telltale's latest adventures in Gearbox's Borderlands to find out just what you can expect from this new adventure series.
Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 1: Zer0 Sum Reviewed
We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
FYI - The Walking Dead Season 2 has started
rrrocket
Brisbane, Queensland
1593 posts
Enjoy.

Sorry if already posted but I looked and could not see.
08:54pm 17/10/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:54pm 17/10/11 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19286 posts
Please. If god does exsist then season 2 will be a million times better than the first.
08:55pm 17/10/11 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
7990 posts
just watched first ep :) yay for 1hr long episode
08:55pm 17/10/11 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1581 posts
Awesome, sickbeard just pulled it for me, bout to watch.
Actually it's been that long I might hit up the first season for a recap while waiting for ep2 as well.
08:59pm 17/10/11 Permalink
Mosfxx
Gold Coast, Queensland
661 posts
Downloading tonight, where does everyone obtain TV shows nowadays?
08:59pm 17/10/11 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1582 posts
I have a usenet server and have sickbeard just monitor all the show's I wanna watch.
I have an nzbmatrix acc for other misc crap

http://www.news.astraweb.com/
http://sickbeard.com/
09:04pm 17/10/11 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
5878 posts
watched it just before, it wasn't bad. Not much really happened though

Spoiler:
except the ending of course but we all know he'll be fine
09:27pm 17/10/11 Permalink
diese1
Brisbane, Queensland
271 posts
* spoilers maybe? *

such a disappointing return episode,

Less crappy side plots - more interesting setting up cool bases/scavenging for cool stuff.

They should make a series about what would jason bourne do in a walking dead situation!

I really hate stupid kids in these situations.

10:00pm 17/10/11 Permalink
BladeHunter
Sydney, New South Wales
4716 posts
F*** me, it had to be on the night I work late :(.

Have to watch it tomorrow :)
10:35pm 17/10/11 Permalink
Reverend
Gold Coast, Queensland
1830 posts

Hell yes love this show, great to see it return ))) loved the first episode...
11:17pm 17/10/11 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
17886 posts
the first episode was f*****g terrifying.
06:35am 18/10/11 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1833 posts
If you're interested, there's also a companion talkshow for each episode. ("Talking Dead")
07:04am 18/10/11 Permalink
no you hang up
Brisbane, Queensland
1777 posts
Sweet.
07:57am 18/10/11 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5006 posts
Needs less 'woe is me' bulls*** drama and more zombies eating brains/having their head exploded.
They did have some good hacking scenes though. Way too much of the Mum, the Blondie and the dude having a cry though.
09:01am 18/10/11 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6713 posts
Enjoyed that ep. A few slow parts but the Spoiler:
walking herd scene was tense and the bald zombie in the camper van.
Awesome makeup! Kind of sick of Shane and his drama bulls*** with the Rick's wife.

Spoiler:
The church scene was pretty hilarious (and ironic).]

Also, I found the two monologues by Rick (opening scene and church) to be forced and lame.

last edited by 3dee at 09:16:43 18/Oct/11
09:10am 18/10/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13544 posts
lol @ herd of zombies. it's a horde you silly people.
10:00am 18/10/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4063 posts
the first episode was f*****g terrifying.

qft

lol @ herd of zombies. it's a horde you silly people.

Yeah when they called it a herd in the show I had exactly the same thought.
Obviously no-one in this group of survivors has ever watched a zombie movie at all, and that explains why they keep dying.
10:07am 18/10/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13545 posts
i thought that black guy was done for when he sliced his whole arm open, but rambo saved him.
10:11am 18/10/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4064 posts
Yeah what was with that!? He even did it properly and went down the street not across the road.. that guy surely would have bled out right then and there.

Poor form AMC - you don't show Chekhov's arm slash, and then in the next scene everything's happy. :(
10:30am 18/10/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13548 posts
7.3 million viewers in the US, making it a new record for cable television.
12:53pm 18/10/11 Permalink
Peeka
Melbourne, Victoria
305 posts
just as i go over my quota 2 mother f*****
03:10pm 18/10/11 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6719 posts
Herd, horde. Meh. They called it herd, so that's what I thought of.

Also, I agree. The episode was pretty tense at times.
04:16pm 18/10/11 Permalink
Raider
Brisbane, Queensland
3642 posts
is there going to be more than 6 episodes this time?
05:46pm 18/10/11 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
5879 posts
Yeah 12 raider.
05:57pm 18/10/11 Permalink
Zoidberg
Brisbane, Queensland
56 posts
Its 13 eps, 7 now and then the final 6 in February which should help with the long wait till season 3 next October
06:05pm 18/10/11 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4600 posts
Seems like the show just became really lame.

That bit at the start "Hide under the cars!" why not hide in them, like in that big campervan you had... oh and while youre at it shut the door.
And maybe look more than 10 feet in front of you when checking for zombie herds.
06:51pm 18/10/11 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5010 posts
Yeah, spotter on the roof;
"Nup all fine here"
"Oh look water"
"Oh wait, one zombie"
"Oh Christ! 50+ Zombies"

Less than 50 f*****g meters away (they show the cars between Rick and the horde.) If you cant see a horde of zombies that's over 50 strong coming at you from a greater distance that that, I don't think you should be a sentry. He saw it about the same time as Rick too, why even have an elevated position?
07:21pm 18/10/11 Permalink
rubba-chikin
Brisbane, Queensland
6587 posts
I love the show but for a season opener... was a bit of a let down.

So many illogical things for people to do who have been living in that environment for some time. Too much cry baby woe is me I wanna eat a bullet or kids getting lost drama.

Just go out and spend the episode scavenging cool s*** and a have a few close calls while crackin some zombie skulls. Would have been way better imo.

Also with all the other vehicles just sitting around full of gas... why are they puttering around in some big ass old piece of s*** wagon? (not the RV, the other car) Even if your new fangled computerised car broke, take the battery out and take your pick of the thousands of other cars just sitting around.
07:29pm 18/10/11 Permalink
Raider
Brisbane, Queensland
3644 posts
yer lots of illogical calls i gotta agree, also the ending... huh?
07:48pm 18/10/11 Permalink
cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
1725 posts
what was with the opening monologue, god damn what a piece of s*** this series has turned out to be. its like a b grade movie only that would be insulting to b grade movies
12:12am 20/10/11 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
6572 posts
01:00am 20/10/11 Permalink
cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
1726 posts
yeah exactly.

theres nothing there.

omg there a marauding mass of zombies walking at 0.2km/h toward us what shall we do, thats it, i'll try and reassemble a f*****g gun that i had no idea how to assemble and drop it on the f*****g ground and have to stab some c*** zombie in the face yeah, top tv that.

and to think all of the tv shows they cancelled so this tripe can rule the airwaves
01:23am 20/10/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
17566 posts
Ah its good to know the haters haven't forgot how to hate on this show. It suprises me though that after hating the first season so much, they're still watching the second season, but oh well, each to their own.

I thought it was pretty awesome personally, loved how tense it was. Was a bit odd they didn't see them sooner, but I don't really care cos it made for a great scene.
01:41am 20/10/11 Permalink
diese1
Brisbane, Queensland
272 posts
What? I enjoyed the first season, since its the only zombie survival series on tv these days (or ever? are there any else that i don't know about!) i've given it the benefit of the doubt.

But really these crappy side/sub plots are just .. stupid? How did they not learn lessons off mad max 2, dawn of the dead remake, 28 days later, where interesting stuff like holding out in a makeshift base was.. cool!

The 'tense' moments you describe are like terrible horror films which use silly situations like 'a killer is in my house lets hide under a bed while he walks around in my room'.

Just such a disappointment that something with so much more potential would go down this route.

last edited by diese1 at 02:03:30 20/Oct/11
02:01am 20/10/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
17569 posts
The show isn't about balls to the wall zombie killing action though, its about the survivors and the s*** they go through just trying to survive in such a f***ed up world. I haven't read the books its based on, but my understanding is thats the point of the show, its not a Dawn of the Dead style zombie action fest.
05:06am 20/10/11 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6721 posts
Yeah, I'm with Khel. The zombie scenes are fun and all, but the zombie action isn't the focus. It's the f***ed-up-ness of living in a world full of animated rotting corpses vying for your flesh with unwavering determination.
09:13am 20/10/11 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5641 posts
I have alot lower expectations for this 'TV show' than you guys. I guess that's why I enjoy it more.
09:27am 20/10/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13568 posts
remember that awesome movie zombieland? well they're turning it into a tv show instead of making a sequel.
10:23am 20/10/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4075 posts
^ No Woody Harrelson, no care.
10:48am 20/10/11 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19291 posts
I also found it kind of weird that there were overturned cars in between all the other cars. Like how the f*** did they roll over if there are cars nicely parked either side of them? But yeah, the zombies magically appearing out of no where was hilarious. That old dude is the worst spotter in history.
11:28am 20/10/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13569 posts
they could have walked out from the trees on either side of the highway.
12:33pm 20/10/11 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5029 posts
They could have, but they didn't.
In the next screens you can see them walking down the Highway. On both sides.

I like the show overall. I enjoyed the first season. That doesn't meant that I can't get pissed off at stupid/annoying bits Khel. You're not the boss of me and my TV watching habits!
12:39pm 20/10/11 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6722 posts
Just don't watch Terra Nova. That is consistently bog.
12:44pm 20/10/11 Permalink
gamer
2094 posts
what a f*****g annoying episode. what the f*** is wrong with writers these days?

- how the f*** could a horde of zombies creep up on a flat highway with someone on the f*****g roof of the motorhome

- why the F*** are you driving old peice of s*** 2 wheel drive cars when you should be in a f*****g 4wd to be able to drive off the road and on the grass where there is plenty of room

- why the F*** is there a toilet or bed in the motorhome and have they not put a big f*****g plastic water tank in there instead to hold surpluss fuel and water?

- why the f*** would you run AWAY from the group when two zombies are chasing you?

- why the f*** would you fumble around with assembling a gun of which you have no bullets for when a zombie is walking AWAY from the place your hiding

- why the f*** would you open a bottle of water and use almost all of it to bath in while screaming joyiously about finding water? - like seriously WTF?

- why the f*** would you not have spares parts including radiator hoses etc in a big f*****g motor home

- why the f*** would you not have spikes extending from the top of the motor home pointing down on a 20-45deg angle to the ground to stop zombies climbing up onto the top?

- why the f*** wouldnt you have a big f*****g tractor with lawmower attachment at the front without the guard on it so you could just drive through zombies

- why the f*** would zombies group together when their only instinct is to eat

- why the f*** would you stab the zombie ten thousand times spraying blood all over yourself including your eyes and mouth when you already killed it with the first blow

- why the f*** would you let a women spend 30minutes talking to a f*****g statue when your wasting time looking for a lost child in countryside infested by zombies and then f*****g do the same yourself when you elect to be the guy that stays behind to look for the f*****g girl? - HOW F*****G POINTLESS

- why the f*** would you let your f*****g son walk up to a wild deer with antlers the side of a f*****g small vending machine ?

Seriously this f*****g show gives me the absolute s**** but it's the only zombie show on at the moment.

Any f*****g writer with half a clue could write a better zombie show then this and have people watch it simply for the zombies.

We need the guy who wrote "I am legend" to write a zombie tv series.

To top all of this f*****g facepalm bulls*** off... i then went on to watch the next episode of Terra Nova... which was just as f*****g irritating.

WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH TV SHOW WRITERS? ARE THEY F*****G MORONS? DOES NO CHARACTER IN THEIR SHOWS USE ANY COMMON SENSE OR BEHAVE AT ALL LIKE A NORMAL SENSIBLE / EDUCATED PERSON WOULD?

last edited by gamer at 13:02:20 20/Oct/11
01:00pm 20/10/11 Permalink
DocterMoist
215 posts
I can't wait for the next episodes, i just love alllllllll the days of our lives crying by the women.
01:30pm 20/10/11 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
10958 posts
This is not the show for you gamer.

Please stop watching it.
01:34pm 20/10/11 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
15439 posts
maybe you should stop watching it then you f*****g moron
01:45pm 20/10/11 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
1138 posts
gamer also didn't like flintstones, because he couldn't understand why you would push a stone car around instead of walking

(pro tip, it is called entertainment, this isn't a doco moron!, zombies aren't real!)
01:52pm 20/10/11 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
8012 posts
lol gamer rage on
01:52pm 20/10/11 Permalink
diese1
Brisbane, Queensland
273 posts
The show isn't about balls to the wall zombie killing action though, its about the survivors and the s*** they go through just trying to survive in such a f***ed up world. I haven't read the books its based on, but my understanding is thats the point of the show, its not a Dawn of the Dead style zombie action fest.

***spoilers for dawn of the dead/walking dead***

Well dawn of the dead was/is a movie about the 's*** they go through just to survive in a f'd up world' - they did some interesting stuff like setting up camp in a shopping centre? Esp the remake where they showed them with time passing by playing golf/chess etc. Crazy ppl trying to hide their infected pregnant partners, facing starvation so having to think about getting food to the other dude accross the rd. Shooting jay leno.

Just soooo much more better idea's than 'o my kids gonna run off and get lost'
which is essentially what happened in walking dead first ep.

02:21pm 20/10/11 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
10960 posts
Just soooo much more better idea's than 'o my kids gonna run off and get lost'
which is essentially what happened in walking dead first ep.

You must have missed the bit where they explored a person's right to exit a f***ed up world, among other things.
03:04pm 20/10/11 Permalink
gamer
2097 posts
"they explored a person's right to exit a f***ed up world"

Oh they 'explored' that did they? All i saw was some dumbf*** women who didnt go just slash her wrists or run into the mob of zombies and instead chose to b**** on about how she wanted her gun back and couldnt understnad why they wouldnt give it back to her after she displayed signs she was suicidal and crazy after wanting to blow up in a building.

Yeah that was deep s*** man... real deep... that the women would b**** on about not being able to kill herself because she didnt want to kill the old guy but then just not go /slitwrists
03:23pm 20/10/11 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6723 posts
Gamer has a point, though. Or 20.
03:39pm 20/10/11 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5030 posts
While he did indeed go off the deep end, he does have some valid points. Like instead of driving around in a beater thats constantly blowing hoses (it lost one in the first season too) why not pick up a better car amoung the hundreds blocking their way? A lot looked like they still had keys etc in the ignition as well...

People usung a little common sense wouldn't be a bad thing in a show like that either, but I guess without stupid people to make things happen they would actually need some creative writing skills.

I thought having the redneck dude on a stupidly loud harley, when they constantly enforce that Zombies are attracted to loud noises, is also a particuarly stupid move on their part.
03:57pm 20/10/11 Permalink
diese1
Brisbane, Queensland
274 posts
You must have missed the bit where they explored a person's right to exit a f***ed up world, among other things.

yeah i think i did, i skimmed through it cause i dont find the 'im going to suicide' part appealing as a thought provoking zombie storyline...

Did you really find it that interesting?
04:41pm 20/10/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4077 posts
Just don't watch Terra Nova. That is consistently bog.

Don't worry, Terra Nova isn't going to be around for that much longer. The Jason O'Mara effect will kill it.
Poor bloke is an OK actor but it seems like as soon as he is cast in a TV series it gets canned.
04:44pm 20/10/11 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4602 posts
Ah its good to know the haters haven't forgot how to hate on this show.
So you have to be a hater to find that first scene ridiculous? I didnt mind the first season and was pleasantly surprised when i noticed season 2 had started... then that s***, christ.

I mean if the zombies had come from the trees, or where their "Sentry" (blind old guy on motorhome) had a blocked line of sight, that might have made some f*****g sense.
If there had been a reason the motorhome door wasnt f*****g locked rather than just complete stupidity.. this goes to a problem i have with terra nova as well, it is this supposedly dangerous environment, death around every corner and no one seems to notice that, despite almost dying every week... "oh s*** that zombie almost got through the door and killed us all! " - one week later, "hmm a bit warm, should open the door to let a breeze in"
On the same topic, the kids, mum goes "stay where i can see you" err how about stay in the f*****g car or at least right next to it where you can get some cover if s*** goes down, especially seeing as how blind every c*** is.

You compare this situation to when their camp was attacked and there was a reason they didnt see the zombies coming, it was night, they were in the middle of the forest.

The jesus s*** is annoying, but i can almost forgive that because its an american show and they seem to give a s*** about that.

Also one second they are running from two zombies, the next in the church its like "hah look at those slow loser zombies, im gonna chop them up one by one"
05:37pm 20/10/11 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
17904 posts
oh i will just pull this zombie corpse over myself and cloak the fresh blood spewing out of my slashed artery.
05:52pm 20/10/11 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
3728 posts
Yeah so many stupid things in this show. To add something else, it was heavily established in the first season that the zombies can smell you from afar, yet hey... hide under a f*****g car and you're all good and invisible.
10:20pm 20/10/11 Permalink
Danish
Brisbane, Queensland
16 posts
It's mentioned in the comics that when one walker is near another zombie that's ambling along, it'll walk along with it.

This little group of walkers heading in some random direction pick up more and more walkers and end up being a herd.

So yeah, that's why they call them a herd in the TV show as well.

And the little girl doing a runner as soon as Rick and the 2 walkers were out of sight made the rest of the episode a long boring search for little lost girl in the woods.
06:57am 21/10/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
17581 posts
The little girl running off was probably the thing that annoyed me out of that episode, stupid kid.
12:02pm 21/10/11 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5036 posts
They said she was running the right way, then suddenly shot off in some other direction... Suggested she saw something etc, I can actually see that as reasonable for a s*** scared young child in the woods to do...

It's all the s*** that you wouldn't/shouldn't expect people to do that annoys me.
12:50pm 21/10/11 Permalink
Danish
Brisbane, Queensland
17 posts
Little girl emerges from her hiding place first without waiting for the all clear.

Attracts 2 walkers and runs off into the woods away from the adults that could help her.

Rick is the only one that goes to help her.

Little girl wanders off and gets lost after being saved by Rick.

Distraught mother of little girl places the entire blame on Rick for her lost little girl that ran off.

Right. I understand the fact the show focuses on the "choices people make in a zombie infested world" but a lot of the choices made in this episode were frustratingly stupid.

Oh and Andrea specifically said she didn't want to get torn apart by walkers, it's pretty clear that if she was going to off herself she'd want it to be quick and less painful.
01:15pm 21/10/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13576 posts
she should off her self straight after she figures out how to put her gun back together.
01:33pm 21/10/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1183 posts
justa heads up that ep 2 aired last night in the states and is available on coughmumblecough.com .
( you all have your ways)
07:56pm 24/10/11 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5061 posts
Someone should claim that domain name though. I'm sure it would be a good use for something.
08:10pm 24/10/11 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
1225 posts
the one thing that i notice, and bugs me alittle is this

rick has a radio, and they clearly have a way of charging it

they have in the past used a CB, so wtf don't more of them have a little CB and safe running around to tell people s***,
08:57pm 24/10/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1185 posts
good episode if you havent seen it.
10:05pm 24/10/11 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
1229 posts
it was, and the reason i commented on it, when rick was running to the house, he still had his police radio on his belt
10:17pm 24/10/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1187 posts
it was, and the reason i commented on it, when rick was running to the house, he still had his police radio on his belt

i was wondering were odus got fuel for that ute, prolly from the highway too.
and lol i saw the "doctor" thing coming a mile away/
10:25pm 24/10/11 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
3742 posts
herp derp lets live in a farmhouse with NO protection at all and never explain why the zombies don't go there!
11:29pm 24/10/11 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19302 posts
Yeah, I love how the sheriff can just run up to the house. There were no visible gates connecting the fences so there's nothing stopping the zombies from coming in. I watched the opening scene twice to make sure and sure enough there's easy access to the house. Even when he's out on the porch talking to the old man and the camera is looking down the dirt road, there's absolutely nothing to stop anyone entering the property. F*****g retarded. And the house itself doesn't have any protection either.
12:39am 25/10/11 Permalink
diese1
Brisbane, Queensland
275 posts
s**** getting reallllllllll boring - did they fire their old writers or something?

The scenarios in this second season are just mind blowingly uninteresting?

Compared to episodes from the first season i.e handcuffing a crazy redneck bro up on a building in the cbd filled with zombies, meeting another 'hostile' gang, finding a underground lab with an insane guilty scientist.

Getting your boy shot by otis doesn't seem to cut it for me.

Please AMC just use/hire the same writers from breaking bad or something!
04:18am 25/10/11 Permalink
diese1
Brisbane, Queensland
276 posts
on a positive note - how to make it in america's lastest ep rocks!

04:19am 25/10/11 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5650 posts
It seems the zombies just congregate around built up areas anyway. As a group/herd, they don't seem to move very far from where they were first infected/killed unless it's in one shuffling herd down a highway. Obviously there is the odd one or two meandering through the forest looking muching on woodchucks.

I'd say the few zombies wandering about near a remote farmhouse could easily be picked off with a rifle.

Just sayin...
08:30am 25/10/11 Permalink
DocterMoist
219 posts
1 zombie dead in 42 minutes of watching.

The show should be called "the talking dead" or "the crying dead"

sick to death of the days of our lives bulls***.
08:47am 25/10/11 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6731 posts
How could you NOT see a boy and two adults standing behind the deer you're about shoot? Dumbass.

Pretty boring episode until the horde scene.
09:32am 25/10/11 Permalink
blahnana
Brisbane, Queensland
705 posts
I would love a show that was about the obstacles that survivors had to overcome in order to live in a post-apocalyptic world.

As pointed out, that's not what this show is. It's all about the inter-character relationships, and that part is sub-neighbours quality. Even the "Previously on The Walking Dead" was filled with that. Piling the standard faux-suspense zombie bulls*** on top of that doesn't make it any better. I think we expect a little bit more from the humans that managed to avoid zombification for this long than dancing toes on an easily blocked door.
02:15pm 25/10/11 Permalink
Rohan
Sydney, New South Wales
128 posts
yeah, I was pretty bored most of the ep. :/
but I think he mentions in the ep why there're like 0 zombeis around the farm? I think he says that it's cos they're well secluded from the main cities or w/e.
02:59pm 25/10/11 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4603 posts
did they fire their old writers or something?
I think they did actually.
07:23pm 25/10/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4088 posts
Good to see when they ditched the whole CDC business they're back on track with following the storyline of the comics.
Would have been good to see Wiltshire Estates, but looks like we'll never know now :(

There's one major departure from the comics is s***ting me though, and from the comments it looks like it's s***ting you guys as well...
Spoiler:
Shane should be f*****g dead by now :(

Spoiler:
Hershel's farm hopefully means the prison is coming up soon >:)
08:15pm 25/10/11 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
5766 posts
Only seen S02E01 so far and WTF is with the black dude running all the way through the cars to get fuel? He was standing right next to a car!
12:15pm 26/10/11 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
34954 posts
Colour me surprised that this show is still s***. Season 1 was s*** and it doesn't surprise me at all to read these complaints.
12:22pm 26/10/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13602 posts
i guess more people love it than hate it since it just got renewed for a third season. it's getting higher ratings than free to air shows.
12:42pm 26/10/11 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
11014 posts
Yeh I don't have any major issues with it, shrug. Sure its no HBO show but its watchable (to me).

If you don't like it then not watching it will probably alleviate most of the rage and angst about the show.
12:51pm 26/10/11 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
17917 posts
zombie drama, who'd have think it
02:53pm 26/10/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1234 posts
good episode!

lol at odis

I am a slow US TV noob so i have just started watching breaking bad.i find it quite awsome.
Breaking Bad S1 with The Walking dead episodes in between. F*** you s*** aus tv f*** you.
09:21pm 31/10/11 Permalink
Rohan
Sydney, New South Wales
129 posts
:(
10:53pm 31/10/11 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
7625 posts
All I'm gonna say is Vin Rhimes and "Zombie Apocolypse 2011"

Pretty much L4D, The Movie

Classic B Grade but f*****g epic win!
05:30am 01/11/11 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6744 posts
Bout halfway through the new ep. I like the more decent amounts of zombie action, but I'm pretty sure I'm over Rick's acting.
09:17am 01/11/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13642 posts
heh new shane was going to use ottis as food for zombies.
10:45am 01/11/11 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4607 posts
The final bit was alright, but the two guys fighting for a minute kind of takes away from the "oh the zombies are right behindness" of the situation, shane should have been colder and just shot him in the leg and walked off without turning around (yeah i know he needed what fatty was carrying)

Oh yeah another moment where shane is "surrounded" then fatty shoots two zombies and he has a clear path, like why didnt shane attempt that at least.

Still, maybe it's getting better.
07:49pm 01/11/11 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5085 posts
He wasn't surrounded, he had heaps at his back behind the fence, but only 3 coming at him.
After taking out the 3 (Fatty 2 and Him 1) they both comented on how they were out (or did they say last round?) of ammo....
Then they went and pulled out their Hand Guns.... which soon they also both said that they only had 1 round left.
If you're goig to let him die, and you need his pack. Shoot him in the head, Still fresh meat for the Zombies and 1 less that could come back to life. No fight for his pack.

Liked this one a heap better than #1 and I hope they keep going like this.
08:34am 02/11/11 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5661 posts
Yeh episode 3 was waaaay better than the first 2.

08:41am 02/11/11 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6746 posts
I just think they're dragging this part of the story on waaaay too long. Also, they seem to drag on the crying / looking all emo scenes way too long as well. This show could be paced a lot better.
10:19am 02/11/11 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19319 posts
but I'm pretty sure I'm over Rick's acting

He's one of my most disliked charaters. Most times when there's scenes with him being all serious and s*** I just skip past. He's so boring. Especially him carrying on all glum with his son being shot.
10:32am 02/11/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4101 posts
Heh, yeah I'm with you Rev.
I dunno whether it's the actor that plays Rick, the directing, when they fired all the writers or a combination of all three.

Rick has a lot of inner turmoil in the comics and one of the recurring themes is how he struggles to keep a tentative grip on his humanity as leader of the group. He's supposed to be the backbone of the series and I'm worried his introspection scenes are going to continue being so emotionally bland all the way through.
02:06pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4608 posts
He wasn't surrounded,
Err thats what i said and that was my point.
06:53pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1248 posts
Heh, yeah I'm with you Rev.
I dunno whether it's the actor that plays Rick, the directing, when they fired all the writers or a combination of all three.

Rick has a lot of inner turmoil in the comics and one of the recurring themes is how he struggles to keep a tentative grip on his humanity as leader of the group. He's supposed to be the backbone of the series and I'm worried his introspection scenes are going to continue being so emotionally bland all the way through.

he told me....he told.....it doesnt matter.

i was like really dude, really.
07:24pm 02/11/11 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5686 posts
Episode 6 is pretty good.

08:49pm 24/11/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1415 posts
Episode 6 is pretty good.

very good its getting heaps good now,
08:51pm 24/11/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13887 posts
next week's ep is the last until february.
09:22pm 24/11/11 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4616 posts
Nah it was still pretty s***, the start was especially annoying.
"Oh i cant tell you trust me..."

Because she couldn't say then as it would take away from the "big reveal" later on in the episode, but the reasoning turned out to be fairly obvious and mundane, and there was no f*****g logical reason why the chick couldnt have told asian dude earlier, except to artificially build tension.
09:33pm 24/11/11 Permalink
D-Sub
Brisbane, Queensland
149 posts
This show should just be about Shane killing zombies.
09:43pm 24/11/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1417 posts
next week's ep is the last until february.

wtf are u serious?
10:11pm 24/11/11 Permalink
cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
1759 posts
totally justified in my decision to avoid downloading past s2e2 of this show. absolute dud. less drama and focus on relationships and more blowing zombies heads off en masse with an m60.

in the mean time, fringe, boardwalk empire and terra nova(only just) can suffice. terra nova has a short life expectancy imo unless it becomes good though.
10:36pm 24/11/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13892 posts
wtf are u serious?

it's the midseason break that every show goes on this time of year.

totally justified in my decision to avoid downloading past s2e2 of this show. absolute dud. less drama and focus on relationships and more blowing zombies heads off en masse with an m60.

well done, you completely missed the point of the whole show.

terra nova has a short life expectancy imo unless it becomes good though.

it will be lucky to get picked up for a second season imo.
10:58pm 24/11/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4178 posts
If you're interested, there's also a companion talkshow for each episode. ("Talking Dead")

Anyone else watching Talking Dead as well? The Kevin Smith ep was hilarious :D
11:05pm 24/11/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13894 posts
which ep was that? might watch it
11:07pm 24/11/11 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5167 posts
terra nova has a short life expectancy imo unless it becomes good though.

People complain about a lack of Zombies in Walking Dead... when they at least try to get 1 or 2 in.
There are entire episodes of Terra Nova where you don't even HEAR a dinosaur.

well done, you completely missed the point of the whole show.

I get the point. I just wish there was less of a point and more Mindless Zombie slaughter.
07:35am 25/11/11 Permalink
Ozzy
131 posts
Shane is by far the best character.

Nailin chicks even ricks wife, half psycho, fed a fat guy to zombies, killed the most zombies, doesnt carry a stupid rifle but a nice shotty cause shotguns rule.
07:51am 25/11/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13896 posts
Shane is by far the best character.

he would have been killed off in season 1 if they 100% followed the graphic novels.
09:16am 25/11/11 Permalink
Ozzy
132 posts
he would have been killed off in season 1 if they 100% followed the graphic novels.

Ok Shane just went mental, the best bit in the series so far....

F*** yeah Zombie killin time!!!!
05:13pm 28/11/11 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6834 posts
Shane is cool and all but his constant looking around and stuff while he acts is annboying.
07:21pm 28/11/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13945 posts
looks like shane was wrong about rick. only rick was man enough to kill sophia
07:33pm 28/11/11 Permalink
D-Sub
Brisbane, Queensland
153 posts

WTF man.
07:46pm 28/11/11 Permalink
Ozzy
133 posts

WTF?
08:54pm 28/11/11 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2091 posts
Might wanna use some spoiler tags there rav.
10:17pm 28/11/11 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
3818 posts
If you come into a thread about a current tv show, everything that has aired so far is fair game.
10:30pm 28/11/11 Permalink
rrrocket
Brisbane, Queensland
1636 posts
pretty intense episode. Am still enjoying it even though it's a zombie drama.
10:32pm 28/11/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1451 posts

I read this after I watched the episode.

but still

F*** YOU
11:36pm 28/11/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13946 posts
Might wanna use some spoiler tags there rav.

no point since i've been quoted multiple times, plus cant edit s*** after 10 mins
12:29am 29/11/11 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7095 posts
good end to ep 7 -

the whole farm thing so far has been great at building the chars and setting up the whole humanity vs mindless killing

but yeah.. i want them to get to fort benning and into a fortified position with m60 mowing down zombie hordes.. at least for 1 ep :)
03:19am 29/11/11 Permalink
Nathan
Brisbane, Queensland
3861 posts
Really enjoying the season so far.

I wont spoiler this since the main reveal has already been mentioned above, but my partner pointed out a rather odd plothole.
The main cast are on the farm looking for a girl they've lost a few days ago. The farm folk must have found the girl sometime in the last few days and stuck her in the barn - wouldnt they maybe put two and two together and think "hey maybe thats the girl they're looking for?"
08:15am 29/11/11 Permalink
rrrocket
Brisbane, Queensland
1637 posts
Really enjoying the season so far.

I wont spoiler this since the main reveal has already been mentioned above, but my partner pointed out a rather odd plothole.
The main cast are on the farm looking for a girl they've lost a few days ago. The farm folk must have found the girl sometime in the last few days and stuck her in the barn - wouldnt they maybe put two and two together and think "hey maybe thats the girl they're looking for?"

No, they didn't want them to know about the walkers in the barn.
08:27am 29/11/11 Permalink
Nathan
Brisbane, Queensland
3862 posts
No, they didn't want them to know about the walkers in the barn.
Maybe, but they've had several discussions where the farm owner has said I want you to find that girl and then move on. Its also clear he wants them gone ASAP.

I guess we have to accept that the farm folk are dumbasses and didnt realise they already captured her; the only other explanation would be that they were aware Sophia was in the barn and it was all an elaborate ruse designed to avoid revealing the barn's contents, while simply waiting for them to give up on finding Sophia and leaving.
08:38am 29/11/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4195 posts
wouldnt they maybe put two and two together and think "hey maybe thats the girl they're looking for?"

Yeah, that was explained in the after show. Two things conspired there:
1) They didn't want to reveal there were dead people in the barn, as has already been mentioned
2) Hershel has a line when they're hauling zombie out of the swamp "Otis used to do this, but now we have to". Otis went off on a mission quickly to get supplies for Carl and got killed before there was any mention that they were looking for Sophia so he didn't have a chance to tell anybody that the little girl he snared a few days ago might be who they were looking for.

Basically Hershel didn't know that she was in the barn, he was just hoping they'd give up and move on. Even if he knew there had to be some chance he didn't want them to know that any walkers were in the barn because he guessed correctly that someone in the group would flip out and massacre them.
09:00am 29/11/11 Permalink
d^
Melbourne, Victoria
760 posts
Time to enjoy the wait until Feb for the next ep.
09:07am 29/11/11 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6835 posts
That was a bad ass ending. Keen for part two!
09:14am 29/11/11 Permalink
ctd
UK
9740 posts
Cooool ep. Kinda makes up for the rest of the eps. Also dont complain about spoilers rtards.

Here is a comprehensive guide to viewing threads about tv shows:
Step 1 - watch latest ep
Step 2 - click on thread
09:19am 29/11/11 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5115 posts
gamer don't mention I am legend on these forums. Lots hated that movie, probably because of the ending.
04:24pm 29/11/11 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5116 posts
General rule is that you spoiler tag anything about the latest ep.
04:36pm 29/11/11 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19448 posts
Here is a comprehensive guide to viewing threads about tv shows:
Step 1 - watch latest ep
Step 2 - click on thread

It's hilarious how some people cry and whinge about spoilers. If you haven't watched the latest ep or have not even started watching, then don't f*****g click on the thread and then complain that you read something that you didn't wanna find out.
04:36pm 29/11/11 Permalink
Mantis
Brisbane, Queensland
772 posts
Agreed. I never open a thread about a currently running TV show (or movie) until i have seen the latest ep.

Anyone who does should expect to see spoilers.

Or are we supposed to use spoilers until we have asked every member of the forum and made sure everyone has seen the latest ep?

As for the episode, loved the ending. About time people in their group said what they think and took action instead of keeping secrets and treading on egg-shells. Also glad they resolved the little girl thing, even if it was a bit sad.
04:44pm 29/11/11 Permalink
D-Sub
Brisbane, Queensland
154 posts
Nobody is crying or whinging. The day after, maybe, but spoiling the ending a few hours after the episode has been released... Using spoiler tags would be a courtesy that's all I'm saying.
04:46pm 29/11/11 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
3820 posts
General rule is that you spoiler tag anything about the latest ep.

wrong, spoilers only go on things that HAVEN'T aired. if you don't get this right, people will spoiler things that have and haven't aired, and then it's really easy to mistakenly read something that you shouldn't.

The point is, ANYTHING THAT HAS AIRED IS FAIR GAME, if you haven't watched the latest ep, don't read the thread.
04:48pm 29/11/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1452 posts
wrong, spoilers only go on things that HAVEN'T aired. if you don't get this right, people will spoiler things that have and haven't aired, and then it's really easy to mistakenly read something that you shouldn't.

The point is, ANYTHING THAT HAS AIRED IS FAIR GAME, if you haven't watched the latest ep, don't read the thread.

technically none of the walking dead has Aired in Australia.

It not a general rule more of common courtesy.
There is a difference between accidentally letting something slip and revealing what many would deem an important plot element of the series so far.

I am for one with -"don't Read the thread about a current TV show until you have scene the latest episode.

I hope this doesn't bring out the c***ingnes in some and start quoting s*** from the Comic.
07:40pm 29/11/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13954 posts
sophia's actually still alive in the comic
07:43pm 29/11/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1453 posts

I hope this doesn't bring out the c***ingnes in some and start quoting s*** from the Comic.

sophia's actually still alive in the comic

DNR list.
07:46pm 29/11/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13955 posts
im just saying you shouldn't be worried what people say about the comics, because they've already deviated from it quite a lot.
07:48pm 29/11/11 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7099 posts
use common sense f***wits.. dont look at threads about a topic if you dont want to know about and discuss said topic..

spoiler tags should only be used in review threads... not discussion threads...

08:22pm 29/11/11 Permalink
Viper119
UK
1380 posts
BOOM.. Rick is the f*****g man.

Just watched s2ep7, watched all of season 1 and up to se2p7 in the past 2 days.

I hear the complaints and the praise, not sure how I rate the show overall.. the intro credits are consistently good.

Someone needs to take Shane the f*** out, dude's a liability yo!

09:21am 30/11/11 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
5931 posts
Glad they have moved on from that s***, i was getting a bit tired of it. The zombie killing has been going up in each EP so that's good, but now i have to wait till feb to get more :(.

As soon as i heard the moans after the shooting stopped i said "oh snap" out loud, lolz.
11:56am 30/11/11 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1840 posts
Someone needs to take Shane the f*** out, dude's a liability yo!

I don't trust Carl... ;)
12:08pm 30/11/11 Permalink
Mantis
Brisbane, Queensland
773 posts
If you are already whinging about spoiler text, then pelase don't be dumb enough to watch this before you have watched the latest ep.

Making of final scene:
02:18pm 30/11/11 Permalink
Tele
Gold Coast, Queensland
276 posts
Only one kid to go, i hate kids in these fkn shows/movies soo fkn annoying
08:39pm 30/11/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4205 posts
I wouldn't expect Rick's son to die anytime soon, if the source material is anything to go by.
09:09pm 30/11/11 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5187 posts
I don't know if you've been paying much attention, but the source material isn't anything to go by.
10:46pm 30/11/11 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
6633 posts
I don't know if you've been paying much attention, but the source material isn't anything to go by.

I read summaries of the comic and damn it sounds completely random and nothing like the TV show.

The only similarity is how the show started in S01E01 and the characters' names.
01:40am 01/12/11 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1841 posts
At some point, they have to deal with the actor's aging (kid who plays Carl).
06:16am 01/12/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13970 posts
time jump
10:00am 01/12/11 Permalink
rrrocket
Brisbane, Queensland
1639 posts
I reckon that girl walking out of there was awesome as good as finding out darth vader was lukes son, then to have the main dude plant a slug in her head. awesomeness.

cant believe have to wait to feb! I jumped on tonight to grab it! :(
08:29pm 05/12/11 Permalink
Rohan
Sydney, New South Wales
141 posts
I initially thought it was going to be just the one ep in feb, because thats what the episode listings say, but I have hope since they mention EPISODES not just episode airing in feb :D
08:37pm 05/12/11 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14005 posts
there's 6 more episodes i believe.
08:40pm 05/12/11 Permalink
rrrocket
Brisbane, Queensland
1640 posts
cant wait till feb :(

awesome zombie drama
08:43pm 05/12/11 Permalink
D-Sub
Brisbane, Queensland
180 posts
Episode 8 is here. Set your Kleenex to maximum absorption.
03:48pm 13/02/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14514 posts
s***, totally forgot it was on tonight. wont be able to watch since raiding in swtor.
04:00pm 13/02/12 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
18211 posts
Still loving this show, only recently caught up to date and yeah the end of episode 7 was f*****g awesome. Though, I didn't assume they had captured the girl as a zombie and knew about her, I figured she had found the barn while she was running away and went in there to hide thinking it would be safe then got f***ed up by the zombies inside.
04:52pm 13/02/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4658 posts
So farmhouse lit up with people inside, or spooky dark barn... yeah the girl was stupid but i dont think she was that stupid.

Also what was going on with the stupid mum in this episode, sheriff goes looking for old guy, five minutes later she goes to redneck desperate for him to go after sheriff and then she drives off by herself.

This show seems so schizophrenic, they have bulls*** like that just bad writing used to artificially create drama, then they have s*** like the end of episode 7 and 8.
10:47pm 14/02/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14520 posts
rick put down those 2 guys like they were walkers.
10:53pm 14/02/12 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
18217 posts
Yeah, the wife going off by herself was a bit retarded, I don't know what she was trying to achieve besides f*** up their best car. The stuff in the bar was awesome though, the bit at the end as well as the bits with Hershel talking to Rick beforehand.

Was that girl who's gone unconscious bitten? Cos nobody even seemed to be considering that, but isn't the whole fever thing and going weak the symptoms of it? I would have thought one of the people there would have at least considered it since they just had to wrestle her away from a zombie that was trying to bite her.
10:55pm 14/02/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1892 posts
So farmhouse lit up with people inside, or spooky dark barn... yeah the girl was stupid but i dont think she was that stupid.

Also what was going on with the stupid mum in this episode, sheriff goes looking for old guy, five minutes later she goes to redneck desperate for him to go after sheriff and then she drives off by herself.

This show seems so schizophrenic, they have bulls*** like that just bad writing used to artificially create drama, then they have s*** like the end of episode 7 and 8.

I saw her grab the gun and hop in the car. i said lol shes gonna flip it.
bam
10:57pm 14/02/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4659 posts
at least considered it since they just had to wrestle her away from a zombie that was trying to bite her.
Thats what i mean about bad writing, i didn't even consider that angle as i would just assume theyd check for a bite/injury and it didn't need to be shown, but next week i'll have my roll eyes at the ready just in case.
11:00pm 14/02/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4066 posts
When the zombie grabbed that chick it was such over dramatised bs, either the zombie would scratch the s*** out of her, or it never had a grip on her. F*** off with the fake predictable drama s***.
11:10pm 14/02/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1893 posts
When the zombie grabbed that chick it was such over dramatised bs, either the zombie would scratch the s*** out of her, or it never had a grip on her. F*** off with the fake predictable drama s***.

the pick through the forehead was pretty cool though
11:16pm 14/02/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4067 posts
oh f*** off, they ALL had guns, yet suddenly no one would use one.
11:18pm 14/02/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14522 posts
that was a scythe
11:18pm 14/02/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4660 posts
I was thinking the black guy was just going to stomp her head into the ground until it was mush.
11:25pm 14/02/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19905 posts
I wish they'd leave that f*****g farm. F*** me dead this show is boring. It's like there's 40 minutes of talk and 4 minutes of action. I end up skipping thru most of the dialogue because I just know it's gonna be sappy.
11:26pm 14/02/12 Permalink
spoon
Brisbane, Queensland
475 posts
The ending of Episode 8 had hints of the comic book Rick awwyeah :]
05:28am 15/02/12 Permalink
Saint
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3144 posts
This show definitely isn't for people with ADD like Rev who just want action action action. I'm enjoying it though!
07:51am 15/02/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19906 posts
It's not even that though. It's the script. It's just so painful to listen to. Even stuff like The OC and Modern Family is infinitely more interesting. They need to stop moping around and get on with stuff. If I was in charge things would be different.
08:50am 15/02/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
5298 posts
That's why you watch Spartacus or Game of Thrones Rev :P
08:57am 15/02/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5495 posts
There is a lot of Drama, too much for me at times as well. But compared to some of the s*** you watch Rev, there's hardly any at all.

The only thing I get annoyed at is how stupid the characters seem to be. I know it's already a bad situation, but some of the decisions these people make show them to be more brain dead than the Zombies.
09:16am 15/02/12 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6953 posts
The last scene was cool. Boom boom!

The drama is somewhat annoying. I too wish they'd gtfoff that farm and go somewhere.
09:41am 15/02/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1896 posts
How do you find the wow storyline rev?
10:14am 15/02/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19909 posts
How do you find the wow storyline rev?

I don't care about WoW's story now. I just play thru to see the new areas and to gear up. I don't even read the quest log. I just grab the quests and head to where I have to. But...that's just a game and my enjoyment comes from seeing new things and collecting gear.

TV shows are different. I'm sitting back watching things unfold. I have no power over what happens so I expect to be entertained. The Walking Dead script wastes too much time on infighting when they should be on the move escaping zombies. Not arsing around on a farm.

But getting back to WoW. The story has been quite good up until Cataclysm. So Blizzard has done a pretty good job of keeping me intertained. But I have a feeling your question is more aimed at Cata which has been disappointing lore wise.
08:55pm 15/02/12 Permalink
spoon
Brisbane, Queensland
476 posts
The Walking Dead script wastes too much time on infighting when they should be on the move escaping zombies.

lol
09:19pm 15/02/12 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
18222 posts
Why are you still even watching it? I don't think its ever going to be the show you want it to be
09:45pm 15/02/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19911 posts
Ok. I love zombie movies. So when this came along I was hoping this would be awesome. How could it fail? It has zombies and it has action. And then it turns into Days Of Our Lives, with zombies.

If anyone here grew up in the 80's. You would have seen all the awesome zombie movies. Even the Dawn of the Dead one just recently and the leser Resident Evil flicks.

Seriously, no one gives a s*** about the Days of Our Lives version. We want action. I could easily go thru the cast and pick at least 5 people who shouldn't be there just to get the story moving along. I can't believe you guys think this is exciting with the amount of downtime this show has. Put me in charge for 2 eps. I'll show you zombies and survival. Not this namby pamby s*** we're seeing now. Seriously, if you think this is exciting, you need to watch other shows.
09:57pm 15/02/12 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
6012 posts
Yeah, I kind of agree with Rev. When I first heard about The Walking Dead I was hoping for something like left 4 dead the TV show.

That being said I'm still enjoying the show for what it is.
10:07pm 15/02/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14526 posts
the 8.1 million people that tuned in the other night have such awful taste in shows.
10:09pm 15/02/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19912 posts
rav

Of all people on QGL I thought you would agree with me. Your thoughts have betrayed you too!
10:16pm 15/02/12 Permalink
Saint
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3145 posts
How dare you put The OC and Modern Family in the same basket.
10:39pm 15/02/12 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
5940 posts
I'm enjoying the walking dead for what it is, not what I think it should be.

Only stupid bit in the last episode was when the wife took off in the car, I turned to my wife and said "why do they have to make all the women f*****g stupid in this show?"
10:47pm 15/02/12 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
981 posts
not sure if its been mentioned but easiest solution would be just stop watching and by association, stop posting about how terrible it is reverend evil ...

I mean that in the most unoffensive way possible.
12:13am 16/02/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4661 posts
Didnt realise this was the walking dead circlejerk thread, no criticisms allowed.
07:42am 16/02/12 Permalink
Danish
Brisbane, Queensland
18 posts
I'd say it's because you (and people that think the show needs more zombie action) are complaining about the wrong thing.

You seem to have expected a zombie action TV series, which it isn't. It's a TV show based on a comic that deals with how everyday life was changed by a zombie apocalypse.

The ending of Episode 8 for example, while it might be good to see other living people, it'd be naive to blindly trust 2 randoms that could easily just murder everyone and take what you have.

The show pretty much is Days of Our Lives with Zombies, don't expect it to be anything different from the comic.

I agree they made some characters really stupid and the writing is a little off (Lori flipping the car to go look for Frank for no apparent reason).

Shane has been a font of irrational entertainment though.

last edited by Danish at 12:40:39 17/Feb/12
12:39pm 17/02/12 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1869 posts
New episode aired last night. Discuss.

Also, try and catch last week's Talking Dead. All you "moar zombies pls!" folks will appreciate what Jane's Addiction frontman Dave Navarro has to say to one of the executive producers of the show.

(I admit to laughing about the 'bed-ridden' snipe)
03:10am 21/02/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4662 posts
Not bad, although that guys leg.. "if we rip it off we'll destroy some of his muscle... so err lets just cut the whole thing off"

Rips leg off then later on "he should be walking in a few weeks"
07:13pm 21/02/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4456 posts
Haha yeah Dave Navarro was pretty awesome in grilling that exec and telling him what should and shouldn't happen. Must have been pretty tough for that guy to sit there on the couch and think "man if that's what you want, you're gonna love what's coming up" without spilling the beans.
08:37pm 21/02/12 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
6020 posts
Really liked the last episode. More of that plz.
09:51pm 21/02/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5797 posts
good episode. the shows producers must be taking note of all the whinging on teh internets
09:57pm 21/02/12 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6957 posts
Yeah really enjoyed that ep. Lots of action. The mother / redneck seem a little useless / annoying atm.
12:04am 22/02/12 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1870 posts
I think what people aren't taking into account, is the amount of trouble that the show has gone through behind the scenes. First, then-showrunner Frank Darabont sacked a bunch of the S1 writers. Then he himself was let go, after prepping the S2 premiere. The budget has been hacked and slashed to hell.

So if you're wondering why the show seems directionless, and stuck in 2-3 locations with minimal closeup zombie action, you now know why.
03:03am 22/02/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5798 posts
^ ahh very interesting. got a link to that info?
08:09am 22/02/12 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1871 posts
Errr, various TV-related news and eZine sites. A lot of "he said she said" around the business of firings and budget, with a lot of damage control refuting most of the claims (but the budget cut is very obvious).

The latest I read was a story about the alleged co-creator of the comic franchise (Tony Moore) suing Robert Kirkman over unpaid royalties (ie. his 50% cut on everything). If it gets nasty (doubtful), then that *may* have an impact on future seasons. (the back end of six episodes for season 2 is already in the can)

Seems the story behind the show has more plot and action than the show itself. Still enjoyable viewing, all the same. :)
09:46am 22/02/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4665 posts
I cant be the only one hoping that f*****g kid was going to die.

Also more stupid writing for the sake of moving the story along, kid just wanders into the woods... yeah a week ago your only friend died doing the same thing, nice one retard.
07:20pm 05/03/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14614 posts
plus he left the gun behind. f*****g noob

new dale was gonna die the moment they showed him walking through the field all alone.
08:58pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4505 posts
Whoa, big departure from the comics. I don't think anyone has any idea where it could go now.
Dale had to die though... with nobody else on his side willing to hang on to their humanity, his character was pretty much dead in the water. Either a zombie gets him or he offs himself while someone tries to talk him down.
10:05pm 05/03/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14615 posts
i think the actor wanted off the show when darabont was fired so that's why he was killed off.
10:23pm 05/03/12 Permalink
ctd
UK
9819 posts
So glad that beard c*** is dead. Now just to off the kid and that lesbian lady with the dead daughter.
12:16am 06/03/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4667 posts
Someone put a leash on that kid for gods sake.
07:09pm 13/03/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14678 posts
next weeks ep is gonna be total mayhem.
07:10pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
6037 posts
god damn ricks son is annoying as s***. better get eaten soon.

Spoiler:
I guess Shane had to die sooner or later. Bit of a shame though, he was one of the more interesting characters.
07:45pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4526 posts
great scene at the end...in the comic it was much, much earlier. Before they discovered the farm I think.
http://www.toplessrobot.com/wd001.jpg
07:59pm 13/03/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4122 posts
I was fully expecting an arrow to emerge from shane's head that whole scene. Pretty stupid though that after all that walking the place shane decides to kill rick is like... 100m from the farmhouse
08:20pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4527 posts
I don't get why they're so deaf and blind either. 100 zombies shambling out of the forest and across a field in the quiet of night must make s***load of racket. Seems like situational awareness skills are something you'd want to keep sharp in a zombie apocalypse.
08:33pm 13/03/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4123 posts
Yeah, the zombie rules are completely inconsistent, sometimes they can hear them from ages away, other times they sneak up on you out of nowhere. HOW DOES A SLOW ZOMBIE SNEAK UP ON SOMEONE IN AN EMPTY FIELD FFS.
08:37pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5646 posts
Guys, settle down, there was a small embankment! Just big enough to hide the 100+ horde of zombies.
08:39pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
6038 posts
lol, show would be dull as f*** if everyone managed to live happily ever after and avoid all the zombies.

You guys don't know what you want!
08:42pm 13/03/12 Permalink
rrrocket
Brisbane, Queensland
1671 posts
I hope season 3 gets the green light
08:57pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Nukleuz
Perth, Western Australia
132 posts
great scene at the end...in the comic it was much, much earlier. Before they discovered the farm I think.

Correct.

It looks like it might be aligning itself a bit more with the comic. So the question is...

Spoiler:

If the show gets renewed; how long before they kill off Lori?
09:02pm 13/03/12 Permalink
deface
Melbourne, Victoria
23 posts
I think Rick and Lori get award for worst parents.

Unless the kid is a secret ninja.
09:22pm 13/03/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14679 posts

I hope season 3 gets the green light

err they ordered a third season in october last year.

last edited by ravn0s at 21:34:33 13/Mar/12
09:33pm 13/03/12 Permalink
rrrocket
Brisbane, Queensland
1672 posts
err they ordered a third season in october last year. last edited by ravn0s at 21:34:33 13/Mar/12

err ok then
10:14pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
20097 posts
err. I hope season 3 isn't as boring as season 2. I've stopped watching because it's like watching a soap opera.
10:41pm 13/03/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
7789 posts

No one has bothered to ask how someone who wasn't bitten by a zombie comes back as a zombie?
Really?
10:59pm 13/03/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14681 posts
No one has bothered to ask how someone who wasn't bitten by a zombie comes back as a zombie?
Really?

err because everyone is already infected.
11:01pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5651 posts
Because the Zombie virus reanimates the dead. These guys have been hacking apart Zombies. It stands to reason that they're infected. Therefore when they actually die, through whatever means, their corpse gets reanimated.
11:19pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4668 posts
http://www.ausforums.com/images/icon5.gifNo one has bothered to ask how someone who wasn't bitten by a zombie comes back as a zombie?
Really?

Probably something to do with dna and retrovirus and antibodies and blood and science, as opposed to the "only bites cause zombieness" which is just total fantasy bulls*** and would never really happen.
11:22pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4528 posts
err because everyone is already infected.

Yep, same as in the comic.
Carl kills Shane, Rick and the group bury the body and move on. Later in the story (almost a year) Rick comes back and digs up Shane when they realise you don't need to get bitten to reanimate. Zombie Shane is still twitching so Rick blasts him in the head for good measure.
11:34pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Nukleuz
Perth, Western Australia
133 posts
Hence the title "The Walking Dead". It hasn't got anything to do with the walkers per se, but rather the survivors.

It's worth checking out the comics. Just keep in mind that the TV show is very (very!) loosely based on the comic. Though it is good to see some alignment between the show and the comics now. Hopefully it continues...
11:51pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Jack
Sydney, New South Wales
26 posts
thought the last episode was amazing... and i understand the whole concept that its the human conflicts and the drama in the world that cause all the f*****g problems, zombies are sort of secondary to the struggle to survive blah blah blah ....but truly they should start adding a little more zombie action to balance it out!! now have to wait a s*** load of time to see that mass come over the hill to f*** the farm over !!!
12:38am 14/03/12 Permalink
Viper119
UK
1444 posts

How did the beard dude not see that zombie!? He was in an empty field with complete visibility for like 100m in every direction!

Agree it's a bit s***** sometimes, hopefully if they sort out the behind the scenes BS the plot quality will pick up.

12:45am 14/03/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
6799 posts
How did the beard dude not see that zombie!?

You should know the answer from the previous surprise-zombie encounter:

http://i.imgur.com/vLANG.jpg
01:27am 14/03/12 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1899 posts
The "how come they didn't know?" is resolved in the finale this weekend. Basically refers to last season's finale where the CDC guy (Jenner) whispers into Rick's ear that everyone is a carrier.

For fans of the comic (never read it myself) - The Govenor has been cast. David Morrisey. Commence miscasting whining now. :)
08:53am 14/03/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5838 posts
I thought the last scene was bulls***.

It's dark, Carl has a pistol that he's never fired before, Rick is standing in front of him, Shane is shuffling forward from 20m away = headshot wtf?
09:36am 14/03/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14683 posts
pretty sure he's been shown how to fire a gun.
10:05am 14/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5655 posts
Yep, because shooting at cans during the day is exactally like narrowly skimming past your dad to get a heat shot on a moving target while scared and shaking.
10:09am 14/03/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5840 posts
yeah but in the dark from that distance with someone in front of him he hits a moving target the size of football.

that's one gifted kid.
10:10am 14/03/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14684 posts
it's a freaking show with zombies in it and you think some kid scoring a head shot is unbelievable?
10:15am 14/03/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5842 posts
yeah so?
10:16am 14/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5658 posts
I also think that a lot of the people do really stupid unrealistic (in the setting) things. Whats your point?
10:22am 14/03/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5843 posts
I agree there are some believabilty issues about a 'Zombie' TV show I just bawk at it being so blatant.
10:29am 14/03/12 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
8733 posts
f*** this show is getting s***. Its sooo slow, its more of a f*****g family drama dealing with the morals of doing s*** instead of 'surviving' in a zombie attack..

The entire last episode i was hoping they would kill that f***** whingey old man off and yay they finaly did. His entire roll in the show was the be the f***** old churchman "o0o we better not do that, oh come on rick u cant do that, rick thats not moral'

YAY FOR KILLING OFF THE OLDMAN!!!

the show might actually go somewhere now..
10:31am 14/03/12 Permalink
fryzeegunner
Melbourne, Victoria
46 posts
Finale next monday night if i'm correct? Will be interesting.
01:14am 16/03/12 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1007 posts
How did the beard dude not see that zombie!? He was in an empty field with complete visibility for like 100m in every direction!
It was visible for the camera for the sake of the viewer being able to see.
But if you have ever gone away from the city, in the middle of the night, on a 1/8th moon or no moon at all. You literally cannot see your hand in front of your face it's that dark.

Night in the city due to the lights and moon light actually makes the night you are used to, not exactly accurate per se.
They were in the country I'd say visibility would have been poor.
09:03am 16/03/12 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6982 posts
If anything, ol' mate Rick does the distraught thing fairly well (like the first episode in his abandoned house). Otherwise he's kinda annoying in the way he acts.

Shane's acting is full of annoying ticks. I couldn't really stand watching him.

While there's been some good episodes, I can't believe they dragged it out so much.
09:43am 16/03/12 Permalink
Mass
Brisbane, Queensland
1152 posts
So we still don't know how it is that these guys are coming back zombies even though they weren't bit or scratched???
11:45am 16/03/12 Permalink
Saint
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3155 posts
So we still don't know how it is that these guys are coming back zombies even though they weren't bit or scratched???

I assumed at least in Shane's case there was still blood on Rick's knife.
11:55am 16/03/12 Permalink
Rukh
Brisbane, Queensland
830 posts
It's pretty obvious to me. The zombie virus is airborne and thus everyone is infected. But this only means they will become zombies once they die.

What being bit by a zombie etc. does is different. It gives you an infection that kills you a lot quicker. And as you're then dead, the zombie virus kicks in.

The thing that the CDC guy whispered to Rick at the end of season 1 was likely along the lines of "everyone is infected" or some such.

01:47pm 16/03/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
6816 posts
What being bit by a zombie etc. does is different.

Why is it different? You just said:
The zombie virus is airborne and thus everyone is infected

Which implies it's already in everyone's system, in everyone's blood. So what "infection" does a zombie's blood/bite contribute if you're already carrying?
It's pretty obvious to me.

Actually it's not obvious since your argument doesn't make much sense.

last edited by parabol at 13:54:39 16/Mar/12
01:52pm 16/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5672 posts
It's different because Zombies are ripping apparts bits of your flesh and mussle. Causing you trauma and a f***load of bleeding. Thus you die quicker.
BECAUSE YOU'RE BEING EATEN.

(Also, maybe some virus in their filthy disease ridden mouths is what not-so-slowly kills people when they are turned after a bite)
02:04pm 16/03/12 Permalink
Mantis
Brisbane, Queensland
860 posts
It always makes more sense when they do this with Zombie movies/tv. I have trouble thinking the world would be taken over so easily/quickly if the only way to become a zombie is to be bitten. Pretty sure we could deal with that.

But if people are being attacked and bitten and attacking eachother and getting into accidents and people dying every day of natural causes, then that would explain a much more sudden rise in numbers and the overrun.
02:40pm 16/03/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
6817 posts
It's different because Zombies are ripping apparts bits of your flesh and mussle. Causing you trauma and a f***load of bleeding. Thus you die quicker

I see no problem with that, but the original comment implied the zombie gives you a zombie infection that speeds up dying, rather than full-blown physical disembowlment being the reason you die in under 60 seconds.
03:31pm 16/03/12 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
6984 posts
I would probably link it to how the common cold occurs. We all have it, but usually when you're run down, weak or exhausted does it have a better chance of actually making you sick, disregarding being spread by people who are already sick.
03:36pm 16/03/12 Permalink
Rukh
Brisbane, Queensland
831 posts
Yeah to be clear, the thing the zombie's do to you that cause you die quicker is a combination of them tearing you apart or having nasty (non-zombie causing) infections because, you know, they're rotting decayed flesh and all that. Being bit by a zombie means you die quicker because being bit by a dirty, decaying thing might tend to do that to you. And who knows, maybe being infected by the Zombie Virus lowers your immune system in some way too. But the Zombie Virus itself has already infected everyone which is why the guy with the broken neck, those zombie guards at the place that Rick and Shane had a punch up at didn't have marks on them and why Shane zombied out.

03:37pm 16/03/12 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
6045 posts
Finale was good.

Spoiler:
The prison!
05:45pm 19/03/12 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
6046 posts
and Spoiler:
Michonne
05:49pm 19/03/12 Permalink
Tele
Gold Coast, Queensland
302 posts
They have a date when season 3 starts?

Edit: October some time :P
06:10pm 19/03/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14721 posts
michonne!
08:25pm 19/03/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14722 posts
09:08pm 19/03/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4544 posts
F*** yeah! Michonne!
09:11pm 19/03/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4671 posts
They need some of those leashes for carl.

And you think they would have done something about the door on that Winnebago, hell was it even closed? And who the f*** was that c*** who died, it's like they introduced a couple of random nobodies throughout the season just so they could return and die in the finale.
09:18pm 19/03/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14723 posts
that was jimmy. i think he was the bf of hershel's youngest daughter.
09:22pm 19/03/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4672 posts
Oh also i liked how everyone goes "Its too dangerous to turn around and look for the others blah blah" they turn around and meet up without incident. Well don't you look stupid now black guy who never says anything, you're even stupider than dumb annoying wife.
09:35pm 19/03/12 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
7707 posts
Exciting to finally see Michonne and the prison. The rest of the episode was a bit "meh" though.

EDIT: Also, where the f*** is Tyreese? Are they just not going to have him in the show?

last edited by Midda at 22:13:41 19/Mar/12
10:09pm 19/03/12 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
6047 posts
i hate ricks wife and she needs to get eaten by her zombie baby.

turns rick against shane
gets upset when rick kills shane

b**** plz.
10:26pm 19/03/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4139 posts
Yeah seriously, lori and carl need to f*****g die already.

Seems like the new showrunners are trying to get the show back to the source material. I think michonne and andrea will run into tyreese, then they'll get to the prison before (FUTURE EVENTS SPOILERS)

Spoiler:
rick and co clear it and find the prisoners

That way they can continue pretty much on track.
10:51pm 19/03/12 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2297 posts
Soon as I saw the helicopter I knew it was heading towards finding the prison.

In fact I bet it's the same helicopter that crashes and starts The Governor story line. (which imo has some of the most f***ed up torture scenes i have ever read in a comic)
11:06pm 19/03/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
20131 posts
Imagine the last ep being the best ep out of the whole season.
03:13am 20/03/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7306 posts
i agree ricks wife needs to become a zombie then run over with a combine harvester
04:56am 22/03/12 Permalink
d^
Melbourne, Victoria
861 posts
10:46am 22/03/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4557 posts
Haha yeah, Hershel was firing that shotgun like a gatling gun.
11:21am 22/03/12 Permalink
Kvothe
Brisbane, Queensland
1 posts
I thought the finale was great, not sure if I like how Rick is changing, he seems like Shane now. Can't wait for season 3 to start.
11:02am 25/03/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
20161 posts
Haha yeah, Hershel was firing that shotgun like a gatling gun

I did see him load the gun once and even then the camera cut away so fast he would have only had seconds before the zombies were all over him. But yeah, getting head shots from moving cars was the highlight though. Who would have thought they were crack shooters.

Prolly the best and funniest ep from the whole season.
11:17am 25/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18582 posts
It was an awesome episode. I was amazed at the amount of shell's Hershel's shotty carried too. Never happens like that in L4D.
11:31am 25/03/12 Permalink
Viper119
UK
1451 posts
So glad to see Shane finally get nailed, knife stylez!

Can't believe Lori/Carl hating on him for killing Shane, WTF!! Also WTF with the peeps all turning on him as leader, where did that come from!?

Looks like it might be getting better, intro credits are still awesome.
08:14am 05/04/12 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1960 posts
Apologies for the thread necro, but it's not quite ready for a new thread:

Tonight, AMC aired a new episode of 'Talking Dead,' which included a bit of goss on the new season, and a teaser clip of Michonne.

A trailer for Season 3 will air soon.
11:57am 09/07/12 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
6145 posts
At least we only have to wait till October for more. The gap between 1 & 2 was killer.
12:11pm 09/07/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
15460 posts
they will probably show a trailer at the SDCC this week
12:15pm 09/07/12 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1961 posts
You got it in 1, Rav. Wednesday sees the 100th issue of the comic, then it's SDCC Thurs-Sunday. The trailer will be aired during the series premiere of 'Smalltown Security' on Sunday (the 15th).

Right now they're airing the pilot in black and white. (the idea being it more closely emulates the feel of the comic)
01:35pm 09/07/12 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1962 posts
Comic Con 4 minute trailer

02:02am 16/07/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
15509 posts
looks good
08:22am 16/07/12 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1964 posts
Sure hope they have a good explanation for why everyone looks different between seasons, given it looks like they find the prison days/weeks after season 2. :P
09:36am 16/07/12 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2371 posts
Hmmm I was expecting more from Woodsbury unless the trailer is hiding heaps of information.
09:44am 16/07/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:44am 16/07/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.