AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Replica Guns
Intergage
Brisbane, Queensland
224 posts
Anyone know a place where they sell replica guns?

Does anyone know if you can even ship them into Australia?
08:36pm 04/10/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:36pm 04/10/10 Permalink
Totenkopf
Melbourne, Victoria
190 posts
i know globalgear.com.au had some, thats a shop in melbourne
in queensland you can try collectorsarmoury.com.au
also theres a shop at highpoint that sells them too, i got a couple for gifts,
they even have ak47s
08:51pm 04/10/10 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
3448 posts
VIC and WA you're allowed to have Replica guns. You were in QLD but I think they wanted to change the laws a few years ago. Like you needed a full gun License to own a replica gun.

I really doubt you could get one from Overseas, but there are replica gun places in Australia.
08:51pm 04/10/10 Permalink
Intergage
Brisbane, Queensland
225 posts
Hey man, thanks.

I had a look at a few of them but I couldn't really find anything I am looking for. I this for a prop.
I need something like a M4 system or some type of tactical assault rifle.
08:53pm 04/10/10 Permalink
wiggleplix
Melbourne, Victoria
487 posts
Carry it through a railway station, that will draw some attention. Ask me how I know.
09:23pm 04/10/10 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
4361 posts
$1500 for a replica? lol f*** that
09:24pm 04/10/10 Permalink
Totenkopf
Melbourne, Victoria
191 posts
http://www.platypusoutdoors.com.au/
they have lots of modern guns the they use for training the army and the police,
they are full cast of some sort of hard plastic. you can get them cheaper than a metal
replica, the only thing is that the guns are blue or red.
09:26pm 04/10/10 Permalink
Totenkopf
Melbourne, Victoria
192 posts
09:28pm 04/10/10 Permalink
`ViPER`
Brisbane, Queensland
2946 posts
Mates going through a court battle for waving around cap gun in public.

Im sure there were some other things that happened, I didnt get the whole story but anyway.
09:52pm 04/10/10 Permalink
BOHEMION
Brisbane, Queensland
298 posts
I need something like a M4 system or some type of tactical assault rifle.

What are you doing for this sort of prop?

last edited by BOHEMION at 23:03:44 04/Oct/10
11:01pm 04/10/10 Permalink
Opec
Brisbane, Queensland
6812 posts
$1500 for a replica? lol f*** that

Crakaveli
USA

ISWYDT
08:06am 05/10/10 Permalink
Taipan
Brisbane, Queensland
3204 posts
One thing I love about being here in the US, I can buy the real deal from close to what replicas cost over there. I should upload a few picks of the collection of guns in this house, maybe I'll do that a little later.
09:50am 05/10/10 Permalink
Intergage
Brisbane, Queensland
226 posts
What are you doing for this sort of prop?
last edited by BOHEMION at 23:03:44 04/Oct/10

Movie.

Carry it through a railway station, that will draw some attention. Ask me how I know.

How? haha
10:09am 05/10/10 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
5709 posts
i hear airsoft is a lot of fun for freedom minded patriots such as yourself
01:41pm 05/10/10 Permalink
NoLogic
Toowoomba, Queensland
1062 posts
02:25pm 05/10/10 Permalink
wiggleplix
Melbourne, Victoria
488 posts
How? haha

Well seeing as you asked, a while back when I moved from Cairns to Sydney I found myself living in inner city Darlinghurst and had no reason to keep my 22 which accompanied me on the trip. Because this was back in the day when rifle ownership in Qld didn't require licensing I had obtained a NSW one so all of this is above board.
Anyway, because I had no reason to keep it I decided to sell it to Mick Smiths gun store in George street which was going to be the easiest method of disposing of it and I set off with the aforementioned firearm skillfully wrapped in a green garbage bag. Now to cut a long story short, I had broken the rifle down into the main components with the bolt and magazine in my top pocket, unfortunately I failed to realise the stock was protruding from the bag which, unbeknown to me at the time, had attracted the interest of a police officer. As I decided to take a short cut through central station. No sooner had I entered the foyer than I was surrounded by 5 or 6 cops with pistols drawn and yelling for me to drop the f****g weapon and get on the floor. I had a friend with me who was promptly knocked to the floor and cuffed while I was busy s***ting myself..... ah good times.
04:16pm 05/10/10 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
4363 posts
^ cool story.
04:34pm 05/10/10 Permalink
wiggleplix
Melbourne, Victoria
489 posts
^ cool story.

I'm just glad the police exercised restraint or I wouldn't be here.
04:36pm 05/10/10 Permalink
Opec
Brisbane, Queensland
6820 posts
Well seeing as you asked, a while back when I moved from Cairns to Sydney I found myself living in inner city Darlinghurst and had no reason to keep my 22 which accompanied me on the trip. Because this was back in the day when rifle ownership in Qld didn't require licensing I had obtained a NSW one so all of this is above board.
Anyway, because I had no reason to keep it I decided to sell it to Mick Smiths gun store in George street which was going to be the easiest method of disposing of it and I set off with the aforementioned firearm skillfully wrapped in a green garbage bag. Now to cut a long story short, I had broken the rifle down into the main components with the bolt and magazine in my top pocket, unfortunately I failed to realise the stock was protruding from the bag which, unbeknown to me at the time, had attracted the interest of a police officer. As I decided to take a short cut through central station. No sooner had I entered the foyer than I was surrounded by 5 or 6 cops with pistols drawn and yelling for me to drop the f****g weapon and get on the floor. I had a friend with me who was promptly knocked to the floor and cuffed while I was busy s***ting myself..... ah good times.

woah..
04:39pm 05/10/10 Permalink
funky
Brisbane, Queensland
864 posts
just lucky you weren't in vic, they wouldn't have stopped to ask you to get on the floor
04:44pm 05/10/10 Permalink
wiggleplix
Melbourne, Victoria
490 posts
These days I wouldn't think I'd be so lucky.
They took us back to a small holding cell in the station and questioned us for some time before calling me a f*****g d******* and telling me to go straight to the gun store and walk around the station via Eddy avenue.
I only stoppped shaking when we stopped into the Evening Star for a nerve tonic on the way back.
04:50pm 05/10/10 Permalink
tequila
Brisbane, Queensland
8679 posts
yeah and once you were in cuffs they would have pulled out the capsicum spray and or tazer
04:51pm 05/10/10 Permalink
Davies
Queensland
1 posts
Hey all...
I have a replica Beretta 92F which c****, slides and clip removes FOR SALE!
Would anyone be interested?
06:29am 06/10/10 Permalink
wiggleplix
Melbourne, Victoria
496 posts
OK, I'll meet you at Roma st Station, wave the pistol above your head so I can recognise you
05:23pm 06/10/10 Permalink
fade
Brisbane, Queensland
4791 posts
^ HAHA.
05:25pm 06/10/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:25pm 06/10/10 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close