AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think.
Hearthstone: Naxxramas' Cursed Review
Dead Space keyboard config dramas
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
15954 posts
I'll start by saying the controls for this are s***!

Anyway, I wanna use the arrow keys for movement but the game wont let me bind them. WTF? Anyone come across this problem and found a fix for it?

Been googling stuff but I keep seeing the same thing with comments about controls being retarded but nothing so far that says how to get around my dilema.

hmmph!
12:49pm 31/10/08 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:49pm 31/10/08 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
12828 posts
Plug a 360 controller in and use that :)
12:54pm 31/10/08 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
23147 posts
ive given up changing key configs and finally have retired moving everything to the arrow keys

i now just accept and use wasd :(

its just easier in the long run;
12:59pm 31/10/08 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
15955 posts
I think i'll just have to use the keys near the enter button. The game doesn't even let you map out the number pad keys either. LOL
01:03pm 31/10/08 Permalink
Strik3r
Gold Coast, Queensland
1533 posts
yea ive always used wsad soo i didnt find that to be a problem. what s**** me is the camera view and how friggin awkward it is to turn.. Needs to have an option for First person view. The over the shoulder camera is nice for the cinematic effect, but absolutely horrible when an enemy is coming from your left hand side =\

02:50pm 31/10/08 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
6564 posts
Yeah fkn oath. I wanna shoot things not see the back of some c**** head. Like in MP games when you can't make the hud invisible you got this big gun and fingers in the way of the screen (hi tf2).
02:58pm 31/10/08 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
8712 posts
lol at not using wsad
03:19pm 31/10/08 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
10095 posts
lefty's prefer arrows. my bro is a lefty. i feel ya pain.
03:46pm 31/10/08 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
8714 posts
well why don't you buy him a left handed keyboard
03:47pm 31/10/08 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
10096 posts
just keep the same keyboard and reconfigure. problem solvered.
03:48pm 31/10/08 Permalink
kos
Melbourne, Victoria
827 posts
wasd sucks. I've always used esdf cause it's lets you have more keys around your hand for s***, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to rebind keys in games these days as they're usually developed for consoles first, and whoever ports them is inevitably completely retarded at making the control configuration screen...

I think the most retarded and completely not working one I've ever seen was in Halo 2 PC.
03:49pm 31/10/08 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
8724 posts
esdf, seriously kos

thats retarded
05:29pm 31/10/08 Permalink
kos
Melbourne, Victoria
830 posts
DON'T JUDGE ME! Anyway there's no logical reason to use wasd over esdf, so there.
09:00pm 02/11/08 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
4842 posts
Anyway there's no logical reason to use wasd over esdf, so there.

Maybe if you want to actually be able to reach CTRL with your pinky.

Though I guess if you have mutant hands/fingers then that's not an issue.
09:13pm 02/11/08 Permalink
Fish
Brisbane, Queensland
2650 posts
Maybe if you want to actually be able to reach CTRL with your pinky.

Though I guess if you have mutant hands/fingers then that's not an issue.
Maybe those who can't reach ctrl with their pinkies when using esdf are mutants instead hrm?

Also, can't bind move forwared to mouse2 :(
09:36pm 02/11/08 Permalink
Alkbert
Germany
1 posts
I´ve got the same problem as discribed above. I´m a lefty myself so I looked at the EA Forum.
I found a statement of an official who said that they are actually working on that issue. A new keyboard remapping editor will be onboard with the next patch. What he didn´t say was when the patch will be released.
07:50am 25/11/08 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
3822 posts
that's pretty crap for any modern fps imo. you should be able to bind any key to any of the available functions. i still bind mouse2 to '+strafe' :[
10:01am 25/11/08 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:01am 25/11/08 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close