We take Ubisoft's latest Assassin's Creed for review spin, but is it their greatest?
Revolution? Assassin's Creed: Unity In-Depth Review
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Dev Interview
Who's taken advantage of the Steam sale?
RGCHarlequin
Melbourne, Victoria
54 posts
I haven't. Not yet. I have $150 dollars of Christmas money to spend, and I might snag Super Meat Boy, Sleeping Dogs among others. Have you purchased anything of interest?
08:51pm 28/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:51pm 28/12/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3565 posts
Ive got 193 games,

most of which have been bought during steam sales over the years

just dont even bother with origin, it is s***

also, not to sound like an old man here, but f*** me, kids get some good loot for xmas these days, by my count, 1300 on a PC, and 150, for random s****

I always had a $100 limit on my gift expectations
09:00pm 28/12/12 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
6240 posts
I bought CS:GO but that's about it.

I still have stacks of games that i've yet to play through, I don't really need any more.
09:03pm 28/12/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3285 posts
Stocking up on cheap indie games i hope to play versus / coop on my spare PC.

No big purchases so far. I would consider more games but that Aus surcharge is a motherf***** n i CBF using VPN.
09:15pm 28/12/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16436 posts
i haven't bought anything yet. i would have grabbed max payne 3 and dishonored if they were cheaper.
09:17pm 28/12/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2426 posts
I'm pleased to say that I forgot about the Steam sale until yesterday evening, my wallet thanks me!

Picked up Max Payne 3 and Serious Sam 3 in the last Steam sale, no other games have really caught my eye recently.
09:20pm 28/12/12 Permalink
RGCHarlequin
Melbourne, Victoria
55 posts
i haven't bought anything yet. i would have grabbed max payne 3 and dishonored if they were cheaper.

If you want a cheap Dishonored and Max Payne, go here

ozgameshop.com

or

dungeoncrawl.com.au
09:22pm 28/12/12 Permalink
D-Sub
Brisbane, Queensland
234 posts
NS2 for $10 but with a stupidly busy semester ahead I'm being careful and probably won't get anything else.
09:27pm 28/12/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7076 posts
Have you purchased anything of interest?

The last two sales I finally caved and bought just about everything for $2-$5, not to mention the THQ humble bundle for $5.50ish, still haven't played most of em and can't realistically see myself having the time before... death really.

I always had a $100 limit on my gift expectations

Pfft, I was lucky if there even were presents. :P
09:34pm 28/12/12 Permalink
Tanaka Khan
Brisbane, Queensland
5338 posts
So far I've resisted the Xmas sale (touch wood) and the last sale.
09:40pm 28/12/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5536 posts
Pfft, I was lucky if there even were presents. :P

We used to have to get up out of a shoebox at twelve o'clock Christmas night, deliver all the other kids presents and then lick the road clean with our tongues!
09:43pm 28/12/12 Permalink
yeahnuh
Victoria
250 posts
i didnt even get a xmas lunch or tea this year.
i made about $50 reselling tf2 naughty crates on the market. picked up a 4 pack pk natural selection 2 and gave them away. 1 or 2 other games and gave them away.
pity the markets crashed to .30c instead of a $1.50
09:45pm 28/12/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7574 posts
Haven't seen anything worth buying on Steam this time. Last three games I bought on Steam were Batman pack, Assassins Creed 2 and LA Noire, all of which were either horrible ports with impossible to use controls on the PC, or buggy as hell to the point of being unplayable :(
09:54pm 28/12/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7077 posts
Last three games I bought on Steam were Batman pack, Assassins Creed 2 and LA Noire, all of which were either horrible ports with impossible to use controls on the PC, or buggy as hell to the point of being unplayable :(

The batman games were pretty playable on pc imo, using mouse and keyboard. Maybe just give it a chance to get used to it.

I finished AC1 & 2 on pc (thanks to ubisoft's $0 bug, heh..) and had no problems either. Sometimes diagonal jumps are a bit of a mess, but the game engine basically makes acrobatics automatic and you rarely go wrong (except when you take a flying leap off into air, but you don't really die from the drops anyway as I recall).

We used to have to get up out of a shoebox at twelve o'clock Christmas night, deliver all the other kids presents and then lick the road clean with our tongues!

Ahh I'm afraid I don't know the reference, but haven't watch the doctor who christmas special and will blame you for spoilers if related. >_>
10:09pm 28/12/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6720 posts
Ahh I'm afraid I don't know the reference...
10:25pm 28/12/12 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
860 posts
picked up torchlight 2, darksiders 2 and some sleeping dogs DLC.
10:25pm 28/12/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11790 posts

I just bought Natural Selection 2. Apart from that I bought Football Manager 2013 from Amazon for $15 or so. Activates on Steam though. Otherwise I find I don't just buy games like I used to. I'm much more selective :)
10:30pm 28/12/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5537 posts
Yeah I couldn't walk past Natural Selection 2, Batman Arkham City GOTY, and Dungeons of Dredmor.
In addition to steam the folks at HB added a few extra games to Humble Bundle 7 which tipped me over the edge on that one too.

Ahh I'm afraid I don't know the reference

Our three weapons are fear, surprise, obscure references, ruthless efficiency, *four!* our four weapons are fear, surprise, obscure references, ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope. Amongst our weaponry are: fear, surprise... I'll come in again.
10:45pm 28/12/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2890 posts
Ahh I'm afraid I don't know the reference, but haven't watch the doctor who christmas special and will blame you for spoilers if related.
The we were so poor we didn't get Monty Python references and only got to watch Doctor Who gag.

Well played sir.

I haven't bought anything, I still have Dishonored, Max Payne 3, BF3 and Borderlands 2 to play. I've also got Guild Wars 2 to get back to. I'm telling myself I won't buy any new games until I've played those ones but I said that when I bought BF3 which was when it came out so the will power is not strong with this one.

Lucky I can strike SWOTOR off my list as I played 5 minutes of that and can safely say they should be ashamed for having ever charged anyone anything for it. I'm amazed something so horrible could take so long to download.
10:46pm 28/12/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16437 posts
Haven't seen anything worth buying on Steam this time. Last three games I bought on Steam were Batman pack, Assassins Creed 2 and LA Noire, all of which were either horrible ports with impossible to use controls on the PC, or buggy as hell to the point of being unplayable :(

i'm with nerfy. sounds like you're just bad at games.

11:02pm 28/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21096 posts
I just got some addons for The Sims 3. Does that count?
11:27pm 28/12/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3286 posts
i'm with nerfy. sounds like you're just bad at games.

Agreed.
I hate console ports but had no issues with batman 1 or 2, AC 1 or 2 (havent played the rest yet), or LA Noire, all played with keyboard + mouse. LA Noire's s***** framerate was my biggest issue.
11:28pm 28/12/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7631 posts
just thought i would load up steam cause i dont usually use it and i was looking at the badges.. apparently i got 9 years of service.. so i was wondering when did you join?

mine was Unlocked: Sep 14, 2003 6:40am
11:37pm 28/12/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3288 posts
September 19, 2008.

First game was AC1 on sale for $5 IIRC. 21hrs spent on that gem.
11:42pm 28/12/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7078 posts
Sometime in 2003 or 2004. Radeon 9600xt owners which came with a free copy of half life 2 represent...
11:54pm 28/12/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1351 posts
I managed to pick up Sleeping Dogs for a 'net cost' to me of $6 (after 'credit' came back my way) from GreenManGaming
I also managed to snag Max Payne 3 for $15 from Amazon (will need a US billing address, which is easily and readily achieved)

All in all this sale seems to be pretty quiet in the grand scheme of things (tho maybe it's because I've satiated my thirst for games so massively in previous sales)

The batman games were pretty playable on pc imo, using mouse and keyboard

Yeah, don't kid yourself... jump on a gamepad for most of those console-type games.
Wandering around EB yesterday I spotted a 'Wired Xbox 360 controller' for $38, and for those of you who already own an Xbox 360; Look into buying a 'Microsoft Xbox360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows' (which I've only found for sale @ retail in AU bundled with a wireless controller for between $70-90 but can be bought new from the US for $10-15 on their own (also worth noting, there are some woeful knock-offs on Fleabay so buyer beware) p.s. they're also available in black.)
They're one of the best pieces of kit MS has made for the Xbox 360 making all of the 360's wireless kit 'just work' in Windows (including the official MS headsets and MS' rubbish wireless steering wheel)

I can massively recommend the Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City games. And while they're on sale you're mad if you don't! They are some of the most well crafted AAA titles I've played in recent times, and when using a controller, the fighting sequences are so effortless, with just the right levels of challenging to make it really enjoyable.

Looking over my purchase history for this sale, I've not made many big purchases directly on steam this year. I've picked up a good amount of DLC, some older racing games (All of the Simbin titles are now on steam!! AND have been on sale too!) and other than that, it's largely been in gifting (older, great) games to others.

I'm starting to foam at the mouth for Far Cry 3, and loathe to pick it up on anything but steam... best I've found is $48 from 'GameKeysBuy' which I'm not sure I trust... I'm yet to be burned (touch wood) by any of these types of resellers, but don't 'jump first and think later' either.
09:44am 29/12/12 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
861 posts
jo i was wondering when did you join?

November 1st, 2003
10:02am 29/12/12 Permalink
darkjedi
Hobart, Tasmania
3415 posts
funnily enough, I've bought more Steam games on sale from Gamersgate and Amazon than I have Steam directly. Main score was getting in on that Bethseda pack when GG screwed up the pricing and listed it for $28 instead of $92. Scored myself keys for Dishonoured & Skyrim out of it, which was happy with. Also managed to get the Darksiders franchise pack for a whopping $2.14 after Amazon threw a promotional credit at people who bought THQ stuff from them this year. Also picked up the bundle with Bioshock 1&2 and Spec Ops in it for $5 - well worth it just for Spec Ops I reckon.

The only things I've bought from Steam directly have been comedy gifts (hello Bad Rats & Secret of the Magic Crystals!) or buying stuff for others (Sims: Medieval is $2 on the .AU store for some strange reason).
10:03am 29/12/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8329 posts
Batman Arkham Asylum and City are perfectly fine on mouse/keyboard in my opinion. Both worked flawlessly and never felt clunky or floaty, so I wouldn't bother with a controller. Never understood why you would play with one on a PC port done so well.
10:10am 29/12/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21996 posts
I want Sim City 4. It was a community choice but didn't get picked. I am pretty sure it will end up being a daily or flash sale at some point.
10:31am 29/12/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16438 posts
it's hilarious how all the COD games are so expensive on steam. MW2 is 3 years old and it's still at $90.
10:33am 29/12/12 Permalink
Nukleuz
Perth, Western Australia
241 posts
9 years of service. Sept 12 2003.

Hitting up the indie games mostly these days. Got Deadlight and Sine Mora in the sale and hope to see Mark of the Ninja on sale. Picked up Max Payne 1 and 2 for a couple of bucks just for the nostalgia (and they're still awesome games).
10:51am 29/12/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13231 posts
lol Raven0s, I thought about getting CoD:MW on steam sale, saw it at 50% off and laughed my ass off it was still $50, even the 3 year old COD games are. What a rip!
11:04am 29/12/12 Permalink
RGCHarlequin
Melbourne, Victoria
56 posts
I managed to pick up Sleeping Dogs for a 'net cost' to me of $6 (after 'credit' came back my way) from GreenManGamingI also managed to snag Max Payne 3 for $15 from Amazon (will need a US billing address, which is easily and readily achieved)All in all this sale seems to be pretty quiet in the grand scheme of things (tho maybe it's because I've satiated my thirst for games so massively in previous sales)Yeah, don't kid yourself... jump on a gamepad for most of those console-type games.Wandering around EB yesterday I spotted a 'Wired Xbox 360 controller' for $38, and for those of you who already own an Xbox 360; Look into buying a 'Microsoft Xbox360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows' (which I've only found for sale @ retail in AU bundled with a wireless controller for between $70-90 but can be bought new from the US for $10-15 on their own (also worth noting, there are some woeful knock-offs on Fleabay so buyer beware) p.s. they're also available in black.)They're one of the best pieces of kit MS has made for the Xbox 360 making all of the 360's wireless kit 'just work' in Windows (including the official MS headsets and MS' rubbish wireless steering wheel)I can massively recommend the Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City games. And while they're on sale you're mad if you don't! They are some of the most well crafted AAA titles I've played in recent times, and when using a controller, the fighting sequences are so effortless, with just the right levels of challenging to make it really enjoyable.Looking over my purchase history for this sale, I've not made many big purchases directly on steam this year. I've picked up a good amount of DLC, some older racing games (All of the Simbin titles are now on steam!! AND have been on sale too!) and other than that, it's largely been in gifting (older, great) games to others.I'm starting to foam at the mouth for Far Cry 3, and loathe to pick it up on anything but steam... best I've found is $48 from 'GameKeysBuy' which I'm not sure I trust... I'm yet to be burned (touch wood) by any of these types of resellers, but don't 'jump first and think later' either.

I just took the liberty of just buying a whole new controller for the PC.
11:21am 29/12/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7079 posts
(Sims: Medieval is $2 on the .AU store for some strange reason).

Dammit, it's $15 now. Was that recently?
11:36am 29/12/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
1129 posts
I picked up The Walking Dead yesterday which is awesome so far. I highly recommend everyone grabbing it. Outside of that, i have most of the games on sale, or at least the ones I want, so its been nothing special for me this time.
11:50am 29/12/12 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
7179 posts
Bought hitman from ozgameshop on the 10th, it's been 3 weeks and is yet to arrive :(
12:02pm 29/12/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
3032 posts
I grabbed the THQ pack, Deadlight, Endless Space and The Walking Dead. So far.

I own most of today's stuff but I recommend Just Cause 2 and Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion if you have not played a previous Sins game, otherwise I think it does not progress enough over the original.

just thought i would load up steam cause i dont usually use it and i was looking at the badges.. apparently i got 9 years of service.. so i was wondering when did you join?

mine was Unlocked: Sep 14, 2003 6:40am

November 21, 2004. About a week after Half-Life 2 came out.
12:18pm 29/12/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21100 posts
Unlocked: Sep 13, 2003 1:02pm

does that mean that's when I joined? or that date is 9 years from when I joined?
12:29pm 29/12/12 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1871 posts
F*** I was trying to stay away from the higher priced discounts as they probably still suck price wise but Assassins Creed III is so tempting ><

I've had a look at they key sites I usually use and cant find one much cheaper or with steam activation. anyone know of another site with a better price? steam activation is a bonus as long as it's pretty cheap.
12:30pm 29/12/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
3033 posts
12:33pm 29/12/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21998 posts
12:33pm 29/12/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10620 posts
After playing Arkham City I went back and played Arkham Aslyum again and found the kb controls to be quite cumbersome. I wish they'd update it with the new controls.
12:46pm 29/12/12 Permalink
darkjedi
Hobart, Tasmania
3416 posts
Dammit, it's $15 now. Was that recently?

It's gone up & down couple of times now during the sale, as I've looked a couple of times and it's been at $15 and then when I gifted it for someone overseas yesterday morning it was back at $2.19. I'd keep an eye on the store page in case it drops again before the end.
12:53pm 29/12/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7080 posts
Hrm thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.
01:24pm 29/12/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1088 posts
I caved and got Endless Space and Carrier Command. I will probably play them at some point..

Edit: Was very close to purchasing Dark Souls on steam. Decided to try it out first. Its cheap at the moment too. <$35.
01:46pm 29/12/12 Permalink
Mordecai
Victoria
1495 posts
Bought Scribblenaughts Unlimited but from Amazon.com rather than Steam. $20 rather than $30 and came with a steam key.
06:02pm 29/12/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19375 posts
is LA Noire worth a go?
06:18pm 29/12/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6722 posts
Bought Scribblenaughts Unlimited but from Amazon.com rather than Steam. $20 rather than $30 and came with a steam key.
You must've missed the sale where it was $7.50 on Amazon.
06:26pm 29/12/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5540 posts
Edit: Was very close to purchasing Dark Souls on steam. Decided to try it out first. Its cheap at the moment too. <$35.

Dark Souls huh? It might look cheap but have you factored in the cost of a replacement keyboard and mouse?
06:26pm 29/12/12 Permalink
simul
Brisbane, Queensland
1467 posts

Dark Souls huh? It might look cheap but have you factored in the cost of a replacement keyboard and mouse?

Do yourself a favour and grab a controller for it, makes a world of difference
08:19pm 29/12/12 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
863 posts
is LA Noire worth a go?

It's one of my favourite games of the last 10 years. But then again, Police Quest series were one of my favourite games early one and I'm a massive sucker for 50s and crime.
08:27pm 29/12/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
3034 posts
Do yourself a favour and grab a controller for it, makes a world of difference

A titanium controller?
08:42pm 29/12/12 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
864 posts
anyone played the Sherlock Holmes games? Usually saw so-so reviews but I'm a fair fan of clue/investigation games. or is it at least worth $20?
08:44pm 29/12/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16441 posts
anyone played the Sherlock Holmes games?

i wouldn't

ps. i know they're different games.
08:49pm 29/12/12 Permalink
yeahnuh
Victoria
251 posts
ive got the vs jack the ripper one. 3 weeks of trying to get into whatever s***** drm they had on it. had me slamming my head against the desk. solved the first murder. said to hell with it i know how it turns out. uninstalled
10:00pm 29/12/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5541 posts
A titanium controller?

Haha see Trauma knows the score.
10:49pm 29/12/12 Permalink
csirac
Brisbane, Queensland
2804 posts
The winter sales this year has let me down. I've only bought one game and that was Arkham City. Nothing else has really appealed to me. $35 for BL2 was close.. but knowing they auspriced it put me off.
12:30am 30/12/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7633 posts
does that mean that's when I joined? or that date is 9 years from when I joined?

i think its the date you joined
01:07am 30/12/12 Permalink
Mordecai
Victoria
1496 posts
You must've missed the sale where it was $7.50 on Amazon.

Must have. Damn. Oh well still better than the steam price.
06:22pm 30/12/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16444 posts
i caved and bought the witcher 2 enhanced edition for $7.50
06:25pm 30/12/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5543 posts
Heh yeah I got confused - GOG has Witcher 2 on sale for $12 on their own site yet it's nearly $5 cheaper on steam.
06:37pm 30/12/12 Permalink
MrWolf
Gold Coast, Queensland
252 posts
I grabbed Serious Sam 3 & DLC 4 pack for some co-op funs & Dawn Of War complete pack on Steam

And then the Borderlands 2 season pass for $14 from GMG

Been stingy this year due to having too many games left from previous sales that I haven't played yet.
06:51pm 30/12/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6282 posts
Ravenos that looks amazing. IF that was genuinely a horror title that mechanic would scare the f*****g s*** out of me. I've been enjoying a lot of horror games recently. In fact out of the last 3 months ive really only played sc2, slender, scp-087 containment breach and amnesia, although amnesia is a serious game as opposed to being thrust into a freaky situation.

Other than that it's over at mates places playing fifa.
02:08am 31/12/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16445 posts
haha there's a far cry franchise pack which is $49.99 for all 3 far cry games. however, if you just want far cry 3, you can get it for $52.49.
10:03am 31/12/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
1130 posts
I picked up the original Farcry today. The game was so much fun when it came out and I'm looking forward to giving it another playthrough.

Has anyone played the 'mark of the ninja'? looks pretty cool but not sure if its worth it. Especially seeing as though I have so many other games I haven't had a chance to get to yet.
10:36am 31/12/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8332 posts
Mark of the Ninja is an amazing stealth based game, I highly recommend it for the price. Hours of fun, very difficult and you can do a level in many different ways.
10:54am 31/12/12 Permalink
Nukleuz
Perth, Western Australia
245 posts
Just picked up Mark of the Ninja. Looking forward to it as part of the recovery session for tomorrow.

Has anyone played the Deponia games? They look a bit like the Discworld games.
01:29pm 31/12/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
1351 posts
Miasmata is great, more people should play it, but the gameplay consists almost entirely of exploration and mapping so its not for everyone. It's probably in my top 3 cartography-based-survival-horror games for 2012.
01:37pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5547 posts
It's probably in my top 3 cartography-based-survival-horror games for 2012.

Hehe, I don't doubt that Miasmata is good, but that doesn't sound like a prolific genre.
01:42pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1874 posts
Mark of the Ninja is an awesome little time waster. pretty hard in later levels too.
Can't say no the the far cry pack for 50 bucks with fc3 included.
02:49pm 31/12/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5555 posts
I picked up Mark of the Ninja from recommendations in this thread and the metacritic score of 92.
Great little game, ta guys!
07:55pm 02/01/13 Permalink
Viper119
UK
1798 posts
Reckon Far Cry free will go higher then 14% discount?

Is Transformers Fall of Cybertron worth getting?
05:24am 03/01/13 Permalink
simul
Brisbane, Queensland
1471 posts
Is Transformers Fall of Cybertron worth getting?

Yeah, I've heard its awesome - but 20$, hmmmmmmm, tough choice (15$ would be instant)
11:45am 03/01/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3306 posts
Transformers is pretty good. However, u cant customise controls. There are a number of presets and you have to choose 1 of them. I use ESDF not WASD so that was s*** 4 me. Good variety of weapons, playable bots n combat.
12:03pm 03/01/13 Permalink
darkjedi
Hobart, Tasmania
3417 posts
Transformers is pretty good. However, u cant customise controls.

Does this help at all?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1319047

workaround to utilise a third party app (AutoHotkey) to remap the keys. With that said, both Transformers games really struck me as titles that play better with a controller anyway.
10:51pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Vash
3636 posts
cant believe how cheap witcher 2 is. such an awesome game.
01:57am 04/01/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3308 posts
Thanks for the link Darkjedi. Im aware there are programs out there that let you rebind keys. Just think its total BS that a developer would include non-rebindable keys. Indie games i kinda understand, but major releases? Come on. I suck with controller so its KB+mouse for me.
10:22am 04/01/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7134 posts
They're apparently having an 'encore sale' over the weekend.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/9690/

I just wants me some $2 sims medieval.
03:22pm 05/01/13 Permalink
shad
Brisbane, Queensland
3857 posts
The walking dead for 50% off sounds good. I haven't bought a game since D3.
03:31pm 05/01/13 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5307 posts
i bought super street fighter 4 with all DLC and street fighter x teken
06:57pm 05/01/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7135 posts
Wellll I figured that the previous Sims Medieval price was a bug, and that 66% off @ $10 was probably as good as it was going to get, so woo. Hooray for new wishlist sale emailing.
01:05pm 06/01/13 Permalink
Fade2Black
Brisbane, Queensland
5166 posts
I bought the Darksiders franchise for $13.50.

Hadn't ever heard of it before this sale but I figure a chance to play as a death shouldn't be missed.
02:09pm 06/01/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3323 posts
Grabbed a few indie coop/versus indie games for my 2 steam accounts last night. About 15 in total. That was probably 80% of the cash ive spent during this sale.
06:22pm 06/01/13 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8364 posts
I'm tempted to grab the Sims 3, just because it looks interesting but we shall see. Overall only really bought Mark of the Ninja and Magicka DLC bundle, everything else has been really meh.
07:05pm 06/01/13 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16475 posts

Hadn't ever heard of it before this sale but I figure a chance to play as a death shouldn't be missed.

you only play as death in the second game. you play as war in the first.
07:06pm 06/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:06pm 06/01/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.