Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
We go hands-on with Ubisoft's next Assassin's Creed game, Unity, to see what all the revolution fuss is about
Assassin's Creed: Unity Hands-On Preview
Planetside 2 Roll Call
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1017 posts
Post or PM your (forum name/gamename/faction) and I'll throw it on the list below.

New:AGN outfit: 'Ausgamers' on NC Briggs. PM Hellenor for an invite.

Additional info:
Planetside 2 is a free to play MMOFPS, yes it will have an Australian server called Briggs. There is an online shop but it's not really a pay to win structure and no gameplay is limited in F2P mode.

Footage of gameplay:

http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3253006

Local links:

AusGamers - http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/69786

BigPond - http://www.gamearena.com.au/downloads/details.php/planetside-2-client-v20121121

Two methods of using the files, either a) extract and run the launcher in the folder or b) download the official installer of the website, then once it begins downloading exit the launcher and move all files into your designated install folder.

Players: (forum name/gamename/faction)

Arkter - Arkter - NC
BladeRunner - DaftVader - NC
TiT - TittyPants - NC
Strik3r - Strik3r - NC
Reality - realiitync - NC
Tollaz0r! - Toll - NC
lmnt - lmnt - NC
cJay - nickers - NC
Keato - Keato - NC
Hogfather - Hellenor - NC
glynd - GPDazzle - NC
pARODY - LordpARODY - NC

boba - Bobaj0r - TR
Reality - realiity -TR

Eorl - Thrador - VS
Reality - realiityvs - VS
Phooks - Phooks - VS
Python - Pythonn - VS
3x0dus - jcarter83 - VS

Basic guides (thanks phooks)

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Acronyms_and_Slang

and

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Gameplay_Fundamentals

There is also a rather in-depth guide in this video - it covers just about all the basics, if you watch it before playing you'll find the steep learning curve a bit less off-putting, as usual cluttered with TB waffle, but it's the best one I've found to date.

01:08pm 20/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:08pm 20/11/12 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5212 posts
Is it free?
01:21pm 20/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1018 posts
Is it free?

yes
01:27pm 20/11/12 Permalink
Moridin
Nowra, New South Wales
10 posts
I'm definitely keen. Had some good fun in the beta and the games seems to have a lot of depth. Any clans going? Seems like a game best enjoyed with 15 or more friends and my clan aint interested at this point.

I played some Vanu and errr Blue guys.. the Blue dudes seemed more enjoyable to play as.
02:34pm 20/11/12 Permalink
Mitch
Western Australia
523 posts
TR for sure. Played it in the beta so im gonna stick with them.
02:58pm 20/11/12 Permalink
shrapse
Brisbane, Queensland
3795 posts
So once this goes live, will you be able to win games?
03:02pm 20/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1022 posts

?
05:38pm 20/11/12 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
401 posts
I'm torn between NC and TR.

I really like TR because of a lot of the weapons are awesome once you learn to control their recoil (not too hard for older school FPS players) but I also REALLY like the hard hitting NC weapons, plus they're blue and have awesome music XD

The one faction I REALLY wanted to get into was Vanu, because they're just so badass, but their weapons just felt weak to me, esp compared to the LMG's of both other factions.

First world problems... What fictional race should I choose ;_;
05:49pm 20/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1023 posts
I'm torn between NC and TR.I really like TR because of a lot of the weapons are awesome once you learn to control their recoil (not too hard for older school FPS players) but I also REALLY like the hard hitting NC weapons, plus they're blue and have awesome music XDThe one faction I REALLY wanted to get into was Vanu, because they're just so badass, but their weapons just felt weak to me, esp compared to the LMG's of both other factions.First world problems... What fictional race should I choose ;_;

I know what you mean... Vanu really felt like I was trying to kill people with a laser pointer.

TR felt like they had the hardest hitting weapons IMO

I'll probably be leaning towards TR unless the majority of people on here form an outfit with another faction
09:29pm 20/11/12 Permalink
XandraX
Brisbane, Queensland
1139 posts
I shall give this game a go.
11:13pm 20/11/12 Permalink
lmnt
Brisbane, Queensland
1672 posts
I've been playing NC, I like them, Vanu and TR are loza's to the max.
12:25am 21/11/12 Permalink
WirlWind
405 posts
I know what you mean... Vanu really felt like I was trying to kill people with a laser pointer.TR felt like they had the hardest hitting weapons IMOI'll probably be leaning towards TR unless the majority of people on here form an outfit with another faction

TR were actually the fast, less damage per bullet faction. Though like I said, they are amazing when you can control the recoil. But NC is pound for pound the hardest hitting faction. They're also the only faction that starts with a 1 shot-kill (torso or head) bolt action rifle.

Their guns feel really nice in the medium and long ranges, but also passable in the short range. Kinda wish there was one faction I would just "click" with, but chances are I'll probs play both until I find a kickass outfit to ball around with.
01:32am 21/11/12 Permalink
Reality
Sydney, New South Wales
422 posts
old school planetside vet checking in. I play all factions but my main is tr- add me 'realiity', 'realiitync', 'realiityvs'.
08:25am 21/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1024 posts
Arkter on NC - giving them a shot, add me if you want!
11:48am 21/11/12 Permalink
Strik3r
Brisbane, Queensland
2125 posts
which aussie server are you guys on - there seems to be a few.
11:55am 21/11/12 Permalink
Kharak
Brisbane, Queensland
479 posts
so you can only play with people on the same faction that you join?
12:31pm 21/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1025 posts
which aussie server are you guys on - there seems to be a few.

Briggs
so you can only play with people on the same faction that you join?

If you want to be on the same team - yes
01:08pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13131 posts
Briggs it is then.

I'll be downloading soon and hopefully playing later tonight. Maybe NC.

If you guys start/join an outfit let us know.
01:27pm 21/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1027 posts
Briggs it is then.

I'll be downloading soon and hopefully playing later tonight. Maybe NC.

If you guys start/join an outfit let us know.

I would start one but I won't be able to play full time - would be a wasted effort.

I'm on NC too - Arkter, add me!
01:33pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13132 posts
Wow I've just been checking out the Planetside 2 Wiki. This game looks mad. Can't wait.
01:35pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Ickus
Perth, Western Australia
310 posts
I was and will be playing this although probably only half heartedly.

Played Vanu in beta and it ready did feel like
trying to kill people with a laser pointer

We can probably divide the servers up by faction... so far
Briggs - NC
02:38pm 21/11/12 Permalink
cJay
Brisbane, Queensland
1317 posts
Cant connect? Trying to play as NC on Briggs!!
03:01pm 21/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1030 posts
Cant connect? Trying to play as NC on Briggs!!

Yeah I'm stuck on the character screen when I hit play it just does nothing... same as you?
03:29pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8062 posts
Local links incoming:

AusGamers - http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/69786

BigPond - http://www.gamearena.com.au/downloads/details.php/planetside-2-client-v20121121

Two methods of using the files, either a) extract and run the launcher in the folder or b) download the official installer of the website, then once it begins downloading exit the launcher and move all files into your designated install folder.
03:35pm 21/11/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4009 posts
Yeah I'm stuck on the character screen when I hit play it just does nothing... same as you?

Indeed, I am having the same issue. looks like many people are having the same issue over at the planet side 2 forums
03:47pm 21/11/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4010 posts
LOL Tech Support created a Thread about Briggs, this is the response..

We are getting reports about the Briggs server and are currently looking into it. For now, please use a different server. Thanks guys!

Click me

Man I glad this is a free to play otherwise I would be annoyed with such a response.
03:58pm 21/11/12 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5217 posts
Downloading as we speak from Steam so hopefully all unmetred getting some alright speeds :)

should be playing tonight!
04:06pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1213 posts
I have been trying to play this.
Have to keep relaunching to get into game and when I do i get "disconnected from server" after about 5 minutes :( (BRIGGS)
04:36pm 21/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1031 posts
Standard launch day fwuck ups I guess.. Had some awesome fun this morning playing it... really awesome squad play.... 3 - 5 squads of 15 all hitting the same locations.. awesome fun, can't wait for it to come back online.. but knowing my luck it will co-ordinate with my girlfriend getting home from a s***** day at work -.-
04:41pm 21/11/12 Permalink
WirlWind
407 posts
Still tossing up what race, but did anyone on NC notice the EM6 (heavy assault pre-order weapon) feels like total pissweak ass?

I might need to wait until I'm not downloading a bunch of video before I try it again, but it didn't seem too laggy *shrug*
04:44pm 21/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1032 posts
Still tossing up what race, but did anyone on NC notice the EM6 (heavy assault pre-order weapon) feels like total pissweak ass?

Yeah I started using the standard LMG and was tearing a new ass hole with it
05:01pm 21/11/12 Permalink
shrapse
Brisbane, Queensland
3796 posts
?

What is the objective of the game? How do you win?
05:16pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8064 posts
What is the objective of the game? How do you win?

It is a persistent MMOFPS that has three factions waging war over an entire map. Capturing parts of the map will help push the battle towards your faction gaining better rewards that can shift the tide of battle. There is no real "winning", simply a constant PVP focus where players are waging war to try and gather as much of the map as possible.
05:23pm 21/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1033 posts
Just a heads up for everyone - Head of SOE just announced that there may be an extended downtime on the aussie server to fix the issue bugging everyone all day.
05:37pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Moridin
Nowra, New South Wales
11 posts
Got home from work jumped into an awesome battle and the server goes down 30 mins later :(
05:40pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13135 posts
The Launcher was giving me 2.0MB/s last time I checked. Woooo!
05:41pm 21/11/12 Permalink
mongie
Brisbane, Queensland
7627 posts
Edit

I am not playing

last edited by mongie at 18:51:02 21/Nov/12
06:49pm 21/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1034 posts
Aussie server appears to be back up - have been playing TR a bit on the US server - think I'm going to reroll TR to be honest.

Everything just seems... better.
07:12pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Snakeman
Queensland
859 posts
If you download the client 6.8 gig version can you still play it in steam ???
07:46pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1214 posts
eugh.
The 'weapons lock' crap for team damage needs to get stuffed.
It takes no consideration for amount of damage you've done to enemies or killed.
I was nearly 30/5 and this is the third weaponlock I've had just because people walk right through you while you're fighting.
You can't even switch to medic and at least heal. Pointless system is terrible.
07:48pm 21/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1035 posts
eugh.
The 'weapons lock' crap for team damage needs to get stuffed.
It takes no consideration for amount of damage you've done to enemies or killed.
I was nearly 30/5 and this is the third weaponlock I've had just because people walk right through you while you're fighting.
You can't even switch to medic and at least heal. Pointless system is terrible.

Yeah frustrating sometimes... I was playing heavy support and had an amazing line of fire, knocked off about 10 players just firing pretty much non stop down a hallway, allowing our team the objective... then captain d***bag decides to run into my line of fire and everything just went tits up,,,, worst part is that I had probably fired thousands of bullets down that hallway keeping them suppressed/dead and this guy decides to literally walk into the bullets and crouch there for a few seconds...>lock>lose position>rage
08:43pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1215 posts
Sounds like how I had it happen.
Was using turret holding a hallway and two entrances from the enemy but people kept insisting on walking in front of the turret when there was significantly more room to walk behind it.
After awhile the accumulated damage without even killing just kept locking me out.

Its a terrible system
09:02pm 21/11/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1004 posts
I played today on the aussie server. Was pretty good, landed right in a battle. Got some Scout and light assault points.

Name DaftVader - New Conglomerate.
09:29pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Ickus
Perth, Western Australia
312 posts
You can't even switch to medic and at least heal. .

Goto a gun console and change your class.
10:06pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1216 posts
Goto a gun console and change your class.
No I mean you can't heal because when you're in Weapons Lockout not even positive actions are allowed (such as healing) which is a bit silly.
Punish your team by removing a player after you punished them for team kill/damage.

Should have made it so positive actions towards your team members then started to reduce your timer quicker. As it stands now they just lock people out of the game entirely.
10:12pm 21/11/12 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5218 posts
Add me i am TittyPants
11:19pm 21/11/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8067 posts
Where is Khel's awesome bullet point boxes that he conjured for Diablo 3? Need them in here.
11:24pm 21/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1038 posts
ugh.. aussie server needs to come back online -.-
10:36am 22/11/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13137 posts
Yer I'm a bit disappointed. I've played it a bit on US servers whilst the Australian server has maintenance.

So far the from the laggy gameplay I'm unsure of this game. The engine runs a bit raw and team killers are a real problem, particularly those in tanks that just roll over you even when you stick to sides of 'roads'.

Tanks should stop moving for 5 seconds if they roll over anyone for any reason.
10:48am 22/11/12 Permalink
Ickus
Perth, Western Australia
313 posts
Vehicle vs infantry damage always seemed a bit steep to me in beta, I quite often reversed into someone and killed them.

They need to implement scaling the damage so when I reverse into someone at 10+ miles per hour all it does it ding their shield, not squish them flat instantly. However hitting someone at 70+ splatters them all over my windscreen.
11:39am 22/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13153 posts
Any word on an AGN/QGL outfit/teamspeak etc? Have spoken to a few members and they seem keen on this - anyone taking the initiative on this? Hoggy? DM?

The AUS-1 guys are waiting on local server and the launch noise to quieten before committing. Stuck my head in last night and it was OK but too laggy on US servers to make sense of it all, also there seems like a pretty steep learning curve re. taking points etc? Within the lag I found out I could fly as bit which was fun :p From the posts above some of the mechanics seem like they need tuning.

If its any good we'll probably have a clan or something. We're on the AUS-1 teamspeak server most nights regardless, stracraft.org.au port 9987 pw starcraftauchat
12:35pm 22/11/12 Permalink
boba
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3739 posts
Is there an outfit on Briggs TR?
01:03pm 22/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1039 posts
Is there an outfit on Briggs TR?

Nope - someone should create one. NC - Briggs
01:18pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Strik3r
Brisbane, Queensland
2126 posts
Lot of potential. Just played for about an hour, started to get a hang of things in general. Checked out one of the other continents (lot less people), but good to see some other environments. Obviously the game could be expanded pretty easily (just add more continents/vehicles/aircraft/space warfare (wouldn't be too hard to add on some sort of orbital battle methinks).

NC on Briggs (Strik3r)
01:20pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Ickus
Perth, Western Australia
314 posts
a pretty steep learning curve re. taking points etc?

There is a wiki entry I found that detailed what you had to do to capture each base type. Otherwise you spend have your time running around trying to figure out what to do next.

Of course I cant find the page now.

The small bases you just run up and stand next to as long as you have a neighbouring controlled area. The large structures you need to capture things and blow other stuff up in a rough order.
02:14pm 22/11/12 Permalink
WirlWind
409 posts
Le sigh, havn't been able to log in all day -_-

Server reckons it's medium and the population graph seems to keep changing, but I CAN'T LOG ONTO MY DAMN CHARACTER >_<

Nor can I create them, either. It's annoying...
03:29pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8077 posts
On Briggs, name is Thrador but I'm playing Vanu with a group of friends. Hope to shoot you guys in the face!
03:41pm 22/11/12 Permalink
WirlWind
411 posts
I'll keep my eye out for your name in my frag list ;)
04:01pm 22/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1040 posts
Le sigh, havn't been able to log in all day -_-Server reckons it's medium and the population graph seems to keep changing, but I CAN'T LOG ONTO MY DAMN CHARACTER >_<Nor can I create them, either. It's annoying...

Just continuously click play for like 3 minutes - works for me... apparently one of the ISPs is having drastic packet loss issues.. spamming it for 3-4 minutes all day has worked for me
04:04pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
2113 posts
Lookin forward to killing you f*****s
04:24pm 22/11/12 Permalink
WirlWind
412 posts
Just continuously click play for like 3 minutes - works for me... apparently one of the ISPs is having drastic packet loss issues.. spamming it for 3-4 minutes all day has worked for me

Yeah, saw the update on the forums shortly after posting here. I think I'll just let my DL finish and spam play while I'm eating a quick dinner later lol.
04:36pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1219 posts
It's a bit of a poor mans battlefield.
Not a fan of the vehicle gameplay. Too many of them and the game gets to a point where people are just trapped in a tiny room.
04:38pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Reality
Sydney, New South Wales
424 posts
We've identified an issue with one of our ISP providers in Australia that is sustaining severe packet loss which is impacting players ability to get into Briggs, and also contributing to the random disconnects. The provider has acknowledged the issue and are working to resolve it. We apologize for the play experience this evening, as this one is unfortunately out of our control at this time. We'll keep you updated when we know more.

little while ago

The provider has isolated the issue, and we're working with them to get it resolved as quickly as possible. Sorry for the delays, but we've escalated it to their highest staff and they are working diligently towards resolution.
05:46pm 22/11/12 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5222 posts
are all the servers down?
07:56pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Reality
Sydney, New South Wales
425 posts
Hello Everyone,

We’re bringing the servers down for maintenance in 30 minutes for a hotfix. We expect to be down for about an hour.

Fixes include:
Weapon trials will no longer destroy boosts upon expiration
Fixed roof collision on a base structure
Fixed a couple of Depot filter issues
Fixed server issue where some players were unable to log back in
Client crash fix

wait 30 mins
08:03pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13139 posts
I wonder if they will fix the horrible performance?
08:17pm 22/11/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6223 posts
I'm running at 5040x1050 and i see 70fps all the time all settings max?

It's nearly 2013 maybe it's time for christmas upgrade? Not that the game is in any way stunning visually :P

So is there a outfit for QGL on any server yet?
08:49pm 22/11/12 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5223 posts
everyone playing now and on teamspeak channel? add me tittypants
09:02pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13140 posts
A 560ti isnt that old, at the very least I should see 40+ on low settings, i get maybe 15 :/ Something is broken with the game as all other games run fine.
09:02pm 22/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1041 posts
I wonder if they will fix the horrible performance?

Runs fine on my s***** 6950... they posted on twitter about getting latest nvidia beta drivers - give that a shot?

everyone playing now and on teamspeak channel? add me tittypants

I might jump on later tonight - I'm on NC - Arkter
09:10pm 22/11/12 Permalink
WirlWind
413 posts
A 560ti isnt that old, at the very least I should see 40+ on low settings, i get maybe 15 :/ Something is broken with the game as all other games run fine.

It's likely it's your CPU that's the problem.

Also, the game in general just doesn't like running on systems that should have no worries dealing with it.

Despite what the others have said, it's fairly well documented that the game can run like total ass for no reason, even on amazingly powerful rigs.
09:20pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13141 posts
My CPU is at 80% so I dunno.

edit: O yay I cant connect for ages, just sits thre on the join screen. Then when I finally get in. I get disconnected from server.

This game is quickly leaving a sour taste in my mouth..

last edited by Tollaz0r! at 22:24:38 22/Nov/12
10:15pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8080 posts
My CPU is at 80% so I dunno.

edit: O yay I cant connect for ages, just sits thre on the join screen. Then when I finally get in. I get disconnected from server.

This game is quickly leaving a sour taste in my mouth..last edited by Tollaz0r! at 22:24:38 22/Nov/12
It did just launch and is an MMOFPS with literally thousands of people in one map.
10:57pm 22/11/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6224 posts
New MMOFPS: 2 days into launch people complaining about server congestion.

Blizzard anything: 3 weeks into launch game is basically unplayable, everyone makes excuses.

=_=
11:03pm 22/11/12 Permalink
Reality
Sydney, New South Wales
426 posts
i think i'm addicted :(
01:55am 23/11/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1009 posts
If this is roll call, Arkter should put the names of players on his first post.
06:15am 23/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1042 posts
If this is roll call, Arkter should put the names of players on his first post.

Have updated what I can gather from the thread - everyone should pm/post your names :)
09:01am 23/11/12 Permalink
Zapo
Brisbane, Queensland
2840 posts
Nvidia have released new beta drivers to specifically fix performance issues. I have an Nvidia card and had no issue with the older drivers, but if you are having issues it's probably worth trying them out.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-310-61-beta-drivers-released
09:05am 23/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1043 posts
New MMOFPS: 2 days into launch people complaining about server congestion.Blizzard anything: 3 weeks into launch game is basically unplayable, everyone makes excuses. =_=

mmm, I think it has been a pretty successful launch over all - and the fact that they have an aussie server at launch is very impressive in itself. Most MMO's usually test the water and see how many Aussie play before they invest in the infrastructure.

compare it to Lag III... uh Diablo III and it's miles ahead...
09:19am 23/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13157 posts
mmm, I think it has been a pretty successful launch over all - and the fact that they have an aussie server at launch is very impressive in itself. Most MMO's usually test the water and see how many Aussie play before they invest in the infrastructure.

Which is stupid, because in an MMO you have server inertia and inevitably whichever server the Aussies pick gets destroyed for weeks because it can't handle the traffic.
09:33am 23/11/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6226 posts
mmm, I think it has been a pretty successful launch over all - and the fact that they have an aussie server at launch is very impressive in itself. Most MMO's usually test the water and see how many Aussie play before they invest in the infrastructure.compare it to Lag III... uh Diablo III and it's miles ahead...

I'm confused if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing. Your tone is disagreeing but your words are restating my more concise post?
09:39am 23/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13158 posts
Let's hope Briggs is up tonight I'm keen to get some time into this :)
09:41am 23/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1044 posts
I'm confused if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing. Your tone is disagreeing but your words are restating my more concise post?

Agreeing - no coffee yet this morning, can't communicate very well.
10:09am 23/11/12 Permalink
boba
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3740 posts
Bobaj0r - TR
12:04pm 23/11/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6227 posts
Agreeing - no coffee yet this morning, can't communicate very well.

Fair enough, neither had i :P
12:15pm 23/11/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13144 posts
Toll - NC
12:25pm 23/11/12 Permalink
boba
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3741 posts
maybe I should change to NC. know noone on TR
12:32pm 23/11/12 Permalink
lmnt
Brisbane, Queensland
1673 posts
lmnt - NC
12:48pm 23/11/12 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5226 posts
BTW i recommend downloading it from steam so ppl on your steam list know you are playing the game :) easy to communicate :) Plus its unmetered with most ISP's
01:34pm 23/11/12 Permalink
Reality
Sydney, New South Wales
427 posts
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/briggs-au-server-issues-resolved.50588/

That being said, this deployment into Australia was definitely a unique experience. You guys have some very unusual laws and limitations that we simply don't see anywhere else in the world. (ISPs cap your bandwidth and download amounts? That's crazy! I personally will be investigating ways to make that better, if it's possible, with regard to our games.)

: (
11:48am 24/11/12 Permalink
lmnt
Brisbane, Queensland
1674 posts
That being said, this deployment into Australia was definitely a unique experience. You guys have some very unusual laws and limitations that we simply don't see anywhere else in the world. (ISPs cap your bandwidth and download amounts? That's crazy! I personally will be investigating ways to make that better, if it's possible, with regard to our games.)

Welcome to Telstralia
12:48pm 24/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1049 posts
Briggs is 1000 times better today than it has been since launch - whatever they changed it's awesome now.
12:57pm 24/11/12 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2421 posts
On as Phooks with VS

There's not enough people for a QGL outfit, the closest bet is to get everyone to join hoggys(if it's big enough?) so we can stick together but still be effective.

Otherwise someone here can make an outfit if they have the time to put into managing and recruiting.

They've been stress testing the AU server a lot recently, so I'll be on only infrequently until they get some of the issues with it sorted out. They should have kept it in beta a while longer... Last night I was on for an hour, half the time my screen was sideways and my gun pointed in a different direction. The ground was disappearing and yet I still managed a 3-1KD which was a giant lol.

P.S. highly recommend you make yourself familiar with

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Acronyms_and_Slang and

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Gameplay_Fundamentals

last edited by Phooks at 13:14:21 24/Nov/12

last edited by Phooks at 13:14:58 24/Nov/12

last edited by Phooks at 13:15:39 24/Nov/12
01:07pm 24/11/12 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2422 posts
Briggs is 1000 times better today than it has been since launch - whatever they changed it's awesome now.

Yeah they crashed it last night on purpose. Seems like they're giving it the attention it needs
01:10pm 24/11/12 Permalink
Ickus
Perth, Western Australia
316 posts
Meh, either the Briggs server is crashing or they are playing with it. Keep getting disconnected, when trying to reconnect server shows as down... wait 5min and it all comes back.
03:18pm 24/11/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8103 posts
Meh, either the Briggs server is crashing or they are playing with it. Keep getting disconnected, when trying to reconnect server shows as down... wait 5min and it all comes back.

I just jumped on before and it worked flawlessly, went 10-1 for awhile as engineer.
04:36pm 24/11/12 Permalink
Python
Sydney, New South Wales
1662 posts
Pythonn playing on Briggs in Vanu

this is me

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/234/142/196.jpg
07:58pm 24/11/12 Permalink
cJay
Brisbane, Queensland
1320 posts
sweet, looking for a outfit.

Add me as friend: nickers (NC on BRIGGS)
08:55pm 24/11/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3918 posts
Ok downloaded using the bigpond link here in this thread went and created an account and started the game up. The laucher pops up and i see it says logout in the top right corner so i think this is odd since i havent logged in yet. So i click play and into the character select i go only to see there is already three existing chars already made one of which is called Cain something or other.

Now i am just going out on a limb here since i am no tech savy pc gaming wiz but is it possible that whom ever put the file on the bigpond link uploaded their copy of the files complete with all their saved account info?

Anyway i logged out and relogged back in using my details. I havent had much of a look around ingame but one thing that struck me that i totally hate is the colour of the UI. Why in f*** does ever sci fi game seem to use this god awefull colour? Its only a small thing and i am sure ill not letit bother me since the game as a whole seems pretty damn interesting.
03:33am 25/11/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1015 posts
I racked up a few points the other day with the sniper class, this was at 4-5 in the morning too. There was still a nice amount of action going on.
04:29am 25/11/12 Permalink
Keato
Melbourne, Victoria
544 posts
Keato - Keato - NC
09:04am 25/11/12 Permalink
MARLINBLADE
Queensland
480 posts
F*** i'd be a lot happier with this game if i could get any sort of reasonable FPS running it on anything other than low....

For a rig that can run BF3 on ultra easy to have so much dramas with keeping the FPS above 20 on medium is bulls***.
And whats with all the random rubbish with this game? I can log in but then can't play on any server be it Aus or EU, instant action works when it wants to and i spent an hour yesterday unable to spawn anywhere other than this base in the middle of nowhere where no one was... had to drive about 30 minutes to even find anyone, then when you enter the map, it doesn't center on you and you have to guess where you are....

Bloody addictive tho... gonna take ages to unlock everything
09:42am 25/11/12 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2430 posts
Start playing this morning, Normally never play sniper but saw good ops in this game for it, now i spend my time breaking away from everyone, going behind the action and taking people out.
09:43am 25/11/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8106 posts
Ok downloaded using the bigpond link here in this thread went and created an account and started the game up. The laucher pops up and i see it says logout in the top right corner so i think this is odd since i havent logged in yet. So i click play and into the character select i go only to see there is already three existing chars already made one of which is called Cain something or other.

Now i am just going out on a limb here since i am no tech savy pc gaming wiz but is it possible that whom ever put the file on the bigpond link uploaded their copy of the files complete with all their saved account info?
Nah all details were scratched out, I found it does that anyway, makes some random characters on your account when first logging in. Was a bit weird to see three different characters that I had not created, so deleted them.
10:04am 25/11/12 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1222 posts
Surprise Surprise Briggs just went down *again*
10:10am 25/11/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1018 posts
They were having issues with Telstra thismorning I saw. They wanted people who use Bigpond with a netcomm wireless modem or something to speak to them.
01:28pm 25/11/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3919 posts
The game seems ok i am just having a little trouble getting into it since i pretty much have no cluewhat i should be doing. Well apart from blasting enemy anyway
03:05pm 25/11/12 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2431 posts
Go to the battle, shoot the bad guys. win.
03:42pm 25/11/12 Permalink
HurricaneJim
Brisbane, Queensland
1266 posts
The good thing about playing Terran is the number of NC and Vanu I get to slaughter in my Lightning (HE). I don't have to travel far from the warp gate to do it. Even better at Mani when they deploy a Sunderer and I sit on a hill just blasting them as they spawn....

I do try not to destroy the Sunderer until they stop spawning....
04:33pm 25/11/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8110 posts
The good thing about playing Terran is the number of NC and Vanu I get to slaughter in my Lightning (HE). I don't have to travel far from the warp gate to do it. Even better at Mani when they deploy a Sunderer and I sit on a hill just blasting them as they spawn....I do try not to destroy the Sunderer until they stop spawning....
Is that because Terran have absolutely no map control :)
05:09pm 25/11/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4407 posts
Spent about 4 hours playing today giving it a go, had no f*****g idea for a while but I'm getting the hang of it.

FrakReality - NC
06:52pm 25/11/12 Permalink
HurricaneJim
Brisbane, Queensland
1267 posts
Is that because Terran have absolutely no map control :)

Most TR are playing on Indari, Esamir is left for those of us who like drifting...
07:14pm 25/11/12 Permalink
Python
Sydney, New South Wales
1663 posts
Does everyone stick to the one continent or go from one to the other often?
08:24pm 25/11/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1021 posts
I like Easmir or what ever it is, I like snow.
08:57pm 25/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13160 posts
Hellenor - NC

Spent a good hour taking the biodome on Esamir last night ... and the f*****g Vanu have it back this morning.

Quite liking light infantry with jetpacks, adds a whole new dimension to the game. While the rest of the team is duking it out on the ground there's a whole other war going on over the rooftops, and with no medic support if you die up top you have to run back.

Do we have an outfit yet?
09:42am 26/11/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8112 posts
Seems us Vanu have a huge gathering on Esamir, I was on last night and we were just storming through places. Was heaps fun, need to try my hand at aircraft.

Only big thing I've found wrong is the graphics, they don't seem to stick with the options I choose, or they are at least not improving on highest detail.
10:41am 26/11/12 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
841 posts
GPDazzle - NC (steam: glynd)

Started playing the game but had nfi what i was doing. Looks like a great "jump in and shoot" game. I'll definitely have to do a read up on it to see what I'm suppose to do before i play again.
10:49am 26/11/12 Permalink
XandraX
Brisbane, Queensland
1140 posts
I love it when another outfit randomly joins up with mine, and we form a massive convoy of tanks and sundies. It warms my loins.
10:54am 26/11/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1026 posts
Vanu seem to have nailed us NC. I was just on and we only control like 3-4 areas.
11:06am 26/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1050 posts
Do we have an outfit yet?

How do you feel about starting one?
I love it when another outfit randomly joins up with mine, and we form a massive convoy of tanks and sundies. It warms my loins.

+1
Vanu seem to have nailed us NC. I was just on and we only control like 3-4 areas.

Seems to fluctuate quite heavily, I logged in yesterday and we had 48% map control. Logged in last night with hoggy and we were at something like 17%.
11:52am 26/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13161 posts
How do you feel about starting one?

Meh, you suck :p

Have rolled 'Ausgamers' on NC Briggs. PM me (Hellenor) for an invite, I can't invite offline people (which is s***) so you'll have to look me up in game.
12:12pm 26/11/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3922 posts
This game reminds me of Tribes 2 without skiing and much weaker jet packs although in T2 every class had jet packs. I used to love T2 and it remains one of my favourite games ever.
01:34pm 26/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1053 posts
Meh, you suck :pHave rolled 'Ausgamers' on NC Briggs. PM me (Hellenor) for an invite, I can't invite offline people (which is s***) so you'll have to look me up in game.

Cool - I'll update the first post and talk to you tonight if you're on.

This game reminds me of Tribes 2 without skiing and much weaker jet packs although in T2 every class had jet packs. I used to love T2 and it remains one of my favourite games ever.

Ok
01:52pm 26/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1054 posts
Great beginners guide for everyone:

02:06pm 26/11/12 Permalink
XandraX
Brisbane, Queensland
1141 posts

Heaps of Tribes players are into this - we have 2 outfits running at the moment. Also a lot of Battlefield players too.
03:42pm 26/11/12 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1858 posts
Cheers for the vid arkter. I jumped on yesterday to check it out and was slightly overwhelmed by all the s*** going on :P
05:05pm 26/11/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1027 posts
I like the idea of this game. Its like Battlefield on a grand scale. You can defend a base or fine one to attack or just go camp a spawn behind enemy lines lol. I hope to see some differences in the faction as time goes on, Like each faction gets its own "special" vehicle. It may be hard to balance but its better then shooting at carbon copies of the same tanks and aircraft you have.
06:28pm 26/11/12 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2433 posts
Hate being a sniper at night :(
07:05pm 26/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13162 posts
I like the idea of this game. Its like Battlefield on a grand scale. You can defend a base or fine one to attack or just go camp a spawn behind enemy lines lol. I hope to see some differences in the faction as time goes on, Like each faction gets its own "special" vehicle. It may be hard to balance but its better then shooting at carbon copies of the same tanks and aircraft you have.

The vehicles and factions ARE different, its just subtle. The vehicles fill the same roles but have different top speeds, damage and armor. NC is tanky, big guns etc, TR is light and fast, and Vanu is ... pew pew lasers.

I think they are just going easy with the differences. I'm not sure how well you could balance something that yielded unique abilities or advantages especially on 3 factions in a game like this ... I think StarCraft is the only game to do it well and even they don't try and balance for team matches, just focus on the 9 match 1v1 ups and its an unending process.

There's a lot of potential here imo, keen to get some organised squads of more than a few people going.
07:09pm 26/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1055 posts
Hate being a sniper at night :(

Get the IR/nightvision scope - 30 cert points I think

. I'm not sure how well you could balance something that yielded unique abilities or advantages especially on 3 factions in a game like this ..

Yeah for sure, It's really well balanced IMO. From playing the beta the only OP weapon was the lock on anti air rocket - which is now no where near as powerful/accurate as it was in beta. Probably a good thing as air combat was a joke... the lock on rocket had almost 95% chance it would hit the target and pretty much 1 shot KO any light air.
07:14pm 26/11/12 Permalink
Python
Sydney, New South Wales
1664 posts
My alias is Pythonn with a double n, not Python :O
08:39pm 26/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1056 posts
My alias is Pythonn with a double n, not Python :O

You're VS anyway... who cares.

j/k... fixed - sorry about that.
09:05pm 26/11/12 Permalink
3x0dus
Townsville, Queensland
1671 posts
jcarter83 Briggs vanu

10:30pm 26/11/12 Permalink
pARODY
Brisbane, Queensland
1102 posts
LordpARODY - NC - Briggs
12:26am 27/11/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1028 posts
I guess it would upset the apple cart if there were unique vehicles and things. Nothing feels like it is more powerful then anything else which is good I guess. Still more types of vehicles for all factions would not go astray I feel. I would like to see a Gattleing tank or perhaps mobile artillery or modular Hummer type truck.

NC lastnight were getting whipped. We have as many players as anyone else but we seem to loose. Frey amp station was surrounded by like 12 Hvy Vanu tanks. This was the map before I logged off. http://i.imgur.com/XY5M2.jpg
06:41pm 27/11/12 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2437 posts
So is there an outfit you guys are playing in, feeling so ronery.
07:49pm 27/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13166 posts
So is there an outfit you guys are playing in, feeling so ronery.

Yeh heading in shortly, thinking about Indar tonight, NC is a little punished in the snowfields...
08:08pm 27/11/12 Permalink
3x0dus
Townsville, Queensland
1673 posts
There was a pretty lol push early afternoon with vs having about 50 or so infantry on flashes as well as tanks/mags retaking north from NC.

Was fairly short lived, as tr started a push up also :(
09:58pm 27/11/12 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1224 posts
I couldn't fit in the TR push on screen.
Twice as many tanks out of screen below and twice as many dropships and mosquito's above me O.O

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/920120753375210477/6B2F5C3ECECDD02CCA93BB3E173123DAD137322A/

last edited by Mephz at 22:53:31 27/Nov/12
10:52pm 27/11/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1304 posts
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
F***ING POS just DOESN'T WORK.

Running Steam 'as an admin' and when I go to launch the game 'Program is not responding'.

Most likely solution on their support page suggest that 'USB Controllers are likely to be responsible for the crash'.... their solution.... disconnect all USB devices................. WAT.
11:41pm 27/11/12 Permalink
3x0dus
Townsville, Queensland
1674 posts
I Think it was USB joysticks/Gamepads that caused the issue, try just disconnecting them if you haveany.
12:23am 28/11/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1305 posts
Yep, tried all that.

The fix... download a 98k file....
Source
05:13am 28/11/12 Permalink
MARLINBLADE
Queensland
483 posts
Any fix to make it run any better than 20 fps on medium? All my drivers are up to date, and my rig is well within the recommended specs, but fk she struggles when it comes to big fights.
07:08am 28/11/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1058 posts
Any fix to make it run any better than 20 fps on medium? All my drivers are up to date, and my rig is well within the recommended specs, but fk she struggles when it comes to big fights.

If you're running nvidia grab the beta drivers!

I couldn't fit in the TR push on screen.
Twice as many tanks out of screen below and twice as many dropships and mosquito's above me O.O

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/920120753375210477/6B2F5C3ECECDD02CCA93BB3E173123DAD137322A/last edited by Mephz at 22:53:31 27/Nov/12

Wicked fun being part of these massive pushes
09:34am 28/11/12 Permalink
MARLINBLADE
Queensland
484 posts
Yeah beta drivers are installed. They definitely helped, but still fps drop like a mofo when ever there's too much going on... sigh
09:42am 28/11/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13155 posts
Marline, I have the same problem. No point playing until they fix it. Plenty of other games to play at the moment tho. yay. Chivalry is getting a grand run. A stack of new players since steam sales has made it like cutting through butter.

Give us a heads up when they release another patch for this game and I'll give it another try then.
10:27am 28/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13168 posts
Looking for a few more for the QGL NC outfit if possible. We have 4-5 on most nights and I really want to get a full squad. I'd prefer to fill a core regular squad with QGL but we might have to start going pub.

I don't know who is in what outfit or interested but if you're NC and looking to organise some pushes look me up :)
10:34am 28/11/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4409 posts
I added you as a friend last night Hog but didn't message you coz I was in the middle of a huge fight.

I crashed before we got anywhere though :(
12:05pm 28/11/12 Permalink
MARLINBLADE
Queensland
485 posts
Marline, I have the same problem. No point playing until they fix it. Plenty of other games to play at the moment tho. yay. Chivalry is getting a grand run. A stack of new players since steam sales has made it like cutting through butter.

Give us a heads up when they release another patch for this game and I'll give it another try then.

Same here to hell with it till it's patched a bit more. BF3 still rocks and with the new exp pack coming out, i'm still loving it long time
12:28pm 28/11/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1035 posts
Briggs is down for a hotfix it seems.
09:16pm 28/11/12 Permalink
WirlWind
416 posts
Yeah beta drivers are installed. They definitely helped, but still fps drop like a mofo when ever there's too much going on... sigh

Hopefully they'll fix it over time. It's still running better than it did in beta, atleast lol.

I'm actually buying an i5 3570k, mobo and RAM just so I can play PS2 with solid frames (Ok, not just for that, my mobo is really damn old and AMD cpu's are turning to s*** now-a-days).
09:32pm 28/11/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4410 posts
Sunderers can go through shields with the right upgrade:

10:23pm 28/11/12 Permalink
XandraX
Brisbane, Queensland
1142 posts
That narrator sounds so fat and nerdy. They need Samuel L Jackson to narrate stuff like on that betting ad.
11:11pm 28/11/12 Permalink
Fish
Brisbane, Queensland
3002 posts
Just started an NC char on Briggs. HappyFunTime
01:25am 01/12/12 Permalink
Reality
Sydney, New South Wales
428 posts
11:37am 01/12/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4411 posts
Vanu were f*****g dominating last night :(
11:45am 01/12/12 Permalink
XandraX
Brisbane, Queensland
1143 posts
Because I was playing.
12:22pm 01/12/12 Permalink
Mosfx
Gold Coast, Queensland
1285 posts
Meddek - TR signing in!
12:52pm 01/12/12 Permalink
Drummo
Melbourne, Victoria
182 posts
SKYeXile
Sakumei
Exposed
Duga
Paytan
Alcifer
Minbari

All of them are from TRF. Looks like you were up against a pretty organised group.

Those 200+ KDR's are insane, I'm lucky to get an average of 2 =/

I ground pound almost exclusively though, I wonder how frequently those players use vehicles.
05:16pm 01/12/12 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1227 posts
I wonder how frequently those players use vehicles.I would say almost exclusively
07:26pm 01/12/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1042 posts
Why does Vanu kick the crap out of us? Better players? Fancy looking tanks and aircraft that remind me of the Covenant from halo?
01:14am 02/12/12 Permalink
XandraX
Brisbane, Queensland
1144 posts
We have some very good and organised outfits, which doesn't hurt.
01:39am 02/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3928 posts
I have only had some limited time to play but i could see myself devoting more if i could just work out what i should be aiming for as far as upgrades like weapons ect. I tend to play infiltrator and heavy mostly but i am at a complete loss when it comes to knowing what i should be looking at toimprove my charaters.
03:10am 02/12/12 Permalink
Reality
Sydney, New South Wales
429 posts
Why does Vanu kick the crap out of us? Better players? Fancy looking tanks and aircraft that remind me of the Covenant from halo?
We have some very good and organised outfits, which doesn't hurt.

^this

and at peak times, VS is usually ahead in population... until TR and NC get some real commanders willing to coordinate the zerg and some real heavy-hitting outfits, taking territory will stay as nothing more than some random occurrence that happens when a large group of people get in the same spot..

I have only had some limited time to play but i could see myself devoting more if i could just work out what i should be aiming for as far as upgrades like weapons ect. I tend to play infiltrator and heavy mostly but i am at a complete loss when it comes to knowing what i should be looking at toimprove my charaters.

i can give the following recommendations:

it costs 1 cert point to fill in your suit slots (nanoweave/advanced shield capacitor etc), do that for all your classes. I highly recommend 1X reflex/red dot for all your guns, as 2X seems to have alignment problems... maybe its just me. as a sniper, you should be using any bolt action sniper that gives a 1HKO to the head (only go for still targets... the game is too unstable to hit moving targets in the head properly, this isnt cs lol). you can get lots of experience fast in this game as a sniper, during large infantry fights this game becomes a lot like battlefield in the sense that there is always a bunch of people standing still (standing still simulator 2012). if you are VS or TR, you start with a semi auto, but the bolt action is very cheap (100 to 250 certs?)

once you get the basics filled out, spend a few certs to reduce the acquire timer for your vehicles, as well as spending 2 certs on each of your vehicle weapons for zoom optics and extra ammo.

the game gives you everything you need to start owning face right from the start, so certs are used to complement your playstyle. i've gotten flashbangs on my light assault and using that in conjunction with my shotgun gives me better ability to clear rooms than simply throwing grenades would have done.

when the enemy is heavy on infantry (ie. they have captured an outpost and are proceeding to run on foot in large groups towards the tech lab/amp station entrance) get your faction's battle tank and mop up (dont drive tanks close to infantry, this is a really good way to die, abuse your cannon range and shoot a spot they all clump up).

aside from that, be a man and get the deployment utility for your sunderer (50 certs), improve the range and effectiveness of your medic and engineer guns (its cheap to do this too), and i would recommend increasing your grenade capacity on any class you fight on foot with.
09:52pm 03/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3929 posts
I had an enjoyable run lastnight i was playing infiltrator and using the jump pad to fire me across to the second level landing while cloaked then ran around knifing people while switching in and out of cloak. It was a ton of fun and frigging hilarious because all the NC guys were lined up looking over the edge firing down on my TR team mates. They had no idea i was behind them until they were dead.... great fun :-)
10:16pm 03/12/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1047 posts
The bolt driver rifle for the NC sniper is pretty good, I have the 12x scope but I seem to be a lot less accurate with it then the 7x I have. Not logged on in 3-5 days now.
10:55pm 03/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3930 posts
Thanks for the info reality i appreciate it. I am assuming those suit slot upgrades are just upgrades that you dont actually have to equip they just improve what you already have right?
01:20am 04/12/12 Permalink
XandraX
Brisbane, Queensland
1145 posts
You have to equip most of them, because you have to choose which one you want in each category.
09:29am 04/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3931 posts
Not sure how to equip things to your suit. I equipped the red dot to my heavies primary weapon but thats as much as I have worked out atm. I put 1 cert in both nanoweave and advanced shield capacitor and am unsure if the improvement is something I have to equip or something that just automactically upgrades.
12:07pm 04/12/12 Permalink
Strik3r
Brisbane, Queensland
2128 posts
You can only have one equipped at a time, so you have to choose it in your load out. (I recommend the shield capacitor)
12:18pm 04/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3932 posts
Ok thanks i spotted where in the load out i have to change it.
02:37pm 04/12/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11772 posts

RandomPest (TR)
09:15am 06/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3947 posts
I am having a pretty hard time of things atm i am getting totally smashed no matter what i try and do. I was playing TR but deleted my char and started on NC just to give them a bit of a go. I dont think the faction change has really made things hard for me though.

One thing for sure though is i feel like foot soldiers are just bait for aircraft or more specifically people with joysticks. That aiside i am still getting whacked when i go head to head with most infantry and its left me at a bit of a loss as to what i need to do to improve.
01:36am 09/12/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1059 posts
I die a lot in FPS games because I am daft. I just run in and try to do things but it does not work out lol. Even when I sit back and let other go forward I still seem to die. PS2 is pretty much like that for me. Although I did have a few good sessions. It comes down to luck (how you are on the day and the actions of other players), knowledge of the game and know how other players work.

Most of the time I am crap, like in World of tanks but I did manage to beat my highest kill count the other day. 7 tanks in one game. I was very pleased with myself (KV-1S with top gun).

I don't have and specific tips on PS2 as of yet.
03:49am 09/12/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11775 posts

One thing for sure though is i feel like foot soldiers are just bait for aircraft or more specifically people with joysticks. That aiside i am still getting whacked when i go head to head with most infantry and its left me at a bit of a loss as to what i need to do to improve.
Aircraft vs infantry is completely broken in my opinion. Especially with NV addons which make you glow in daylight...win!
08:06am 09/12/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7011 posts
SexyBiscuits NC Briggs

I have nfi what the f*** is happening but it's been fun so far. I've gotten a grip on the map now and where people are so that helps. As usual I've resorted to healing people since killing seems somewhat difficult right now..
01:26pm 09/12/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4412 posts
Last night on Indar the NC decided to hold on to the crown at all costs... causing us to lose all the rest of our territory, but damn it was fun.

TR and Vanu spent hours attacking The Crown and didn't get it.
03:15pm 09/12/12 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
5075 posts
04:16pm 09/12/12 Permalink
3x0dus
Townsville, Queensland
1684 posts
FraktuRe
03:15pm 09/12/12
Last night on Indar the NC decided to hold on to the crown at all costs... causing us to lose all the rest of our territory, but damn it was fun.

TR and Vanu spent hours attacking The Crown and didn't get it.

What time was this?

Vanu held the crown from NC and TR for a good 4-5 hours when I got home yesterday arvo
09:06am 11/12/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11776 posts

Pretty sure this game is now the most pointless territory grind since Warhammer Online. Doesn't really seem to be that much of a point to conquering continents other than for bragging rights. I'm bored of it after like 4 or 5 days...
11:50am 11/12/12 Permalink
MARLINBLADE
Queensland
500 posts
Kinda feel the same way tbh... then there's all the weapons in game which can be bought with money anyways, so really it's just a character grind, territory war that changes depending on how many are on and when.

It's also laggy, guns don't "feel" right and unless you're squadded up with a half decent platoon it's a bit of a bore fest.

My 2 cents, maybe i'm missing the point?
11:59am 11/12/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7013 posts
that sorta seems like it but I find it worth it for the epic fights between hundreds of troops, tanks and planes. there's some pretty hilarious moments to be had too.
01:43pm 11/12/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7014 posts
ps
hoggy, accept my friendship already
or someone add me to ze outfit
09:37pm 11/12/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1097 posts
that sorta seems like it but I find it worth it for the epic fights between hundreds of troops, tanks and planes. there's some pretty hilarious moments to be had too.

This.
10:04pm 11/12/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1068 posts
It would be nice if it was more meaningful if you cap a lot of territory. Perhaps special temp unlock vehicles or something.
10:07pm 11/12/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13178 posts
I found this game Epic Boring. As a player I felt my actions where totally meaningless. It was super laggy and gunplay was not satisfying at all.
There seemed little point to playing except to unlock weapons. However since the weapons aren't really all that fun to use it wasn't really worth the time at all.
10:23pm 11/12/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11777 posts

I'm going to stick to Eve online's epic fights. At least they mean something :p This has a more pointless fortress grind than Warhammer Online...at least in that you got some drops as a reward...
12:21am 12/12/12 Permalink
Fish
Brisbane, Queensland
3005 posts
or someone add me to ze outfit
add me too dammit
12:55am 12/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3953 posts
I am within an inch of rage deleting my NC char. So f*****g sick of the ease TR and Vanu seem to be able to run around within our ranks causing total chaos. I sure as s*** wasnt this bad when I was playing TR.
03:14am 12/12/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1069 posts
NC is getting rolled on the US servers too? Thats not good lol. If EVE online was free like this I would play it and mine asteroids mindlessly while listening to my music.
05:04am 12/12/12 Permalink
MARLINBLADE
Queensland
501 posts
There seemed little point to playing except to unlock weapons. However since the weapons aren't really all that fun to use it wasn't really worth the time at all.

Sept you can just buy them with real cash.
Weapon feel to me kinda reminds me of quake wars. Actually the whole thing does a bit... the way players run around and how they look, how guns behave etc...
07:14am 12/12/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7015 posts
so I've decided NC's weapons are s***, is it worth rerolling on TR?

last edited by reload! at 15:21:27 12/Dec/12
03:19pm 12/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3955 posts
I just deleted my NC char and made a Vanu since NC doesnt seem capable of putting up a defense that doesnt leak like a screen door. I dare say ill reroll back to TR unless i find something that really works well for me with my new Vanu char.
04:07pm 12/12/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4416 posts
NC on briggs just conquered esamir. I lived for like 30 minutes in my reaper just f*****g s*** up, so good.

There's a patch coming tomorrow, no patch notes yet, but it's supposed to have some new guns and NC buffs I think.
12:36am 13/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3959 posts
Not sure if many of you have played all three factions so I am not sure if anyone will have an answer to this. I swear Vanu sniper rifles suffer from a f*** ton more sway than GC sniper rifles do. Has anyone found this to be the case for them aswell? Playing my GC character as a sniper was like shooting fish in a barrel by comparison. I try the same thing with Vanu and it's like I am sitting in the middle of a f*****g water bed with people jumping all around me. The amount of sway is f*****g retarded and a bit over the top.
03:38am 15/12/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3963 posts
Well tonight i saw hacking the likes of which i havent seen in a very very long time. It still stumps the s*** out of me what people get out of it. Such a shame in a game this new.
01:17am 17/12/12 Permalink
3x0dus
Townsville, Queensland
1688 posts
I swear Vanu sniper rifles suffer from a f*** ton more sway than GC sniper rifles do.

i have only started playing inflitrator for abit the last few days, and yes the sniper rifle is like you are on a boat, it needs a hold breath option.

That being said im doing ok with it, managed to get about 150certs in the few hours i played yesterday as infiltrator
08:22am 17/12/12 Permalink
boba
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3743 posts
it needs a hold breath option.
hold shift
08:35am 17/12/12 Permalink
3x0dus
Townsville, Queensland
1689 posts
Lol thx, I found I got more kills ignoring the shift button, as the hold time is pretty short and no sob stands around long enough, easier to learn to live with the bobing.
11:27pm 17/12/12 Permalink
Rdizz
Germany
2238 posts
Rdizz-Rdizz-TR
11:38am 19/12/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:38am 19/12/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.