We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
WoT Boycott
a1d3n
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1 posts
That's right. Boycott!

I have spent the good part of two years and a couple hundred dollars on this game and will not start again just because I cant get my account transferred to play with friends.

SO..

I will not be playing tanks until I have the ability to transfer my account to the SEA server.
The window to transfer accounts was ridiculous.
I want to play on the server closest to where I live with the rest of my friends.

Wargaming.net

Allow people to transfer accounts to whatever server they wis** Whenever they wis**

Who is with me?

I know I'm not the only one out there.

Post to show support!
11:54pm 23/10/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:54pm 23/10/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4383 posts
Your boycott is retarded, they gave weeks of notice and like 2 weeks for transfer. And they did this multiple times.
11:58pm 23/10/12 Permalink
Aiden
2 posts
Your boycott is retarded, they gave weeks of notice and like 2 weeks for transfer. And they did this multiple times.

I think alot of people have been caught out by this. Some people have work commitments we cant all be armchair keyboard warriors. Besides I just want the option to be able to decide which server i play on with my one account.
12:15am 24/10/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4384 posts
Nice personal message you sent me. You sound like a real stand up guy.
12:56am 24/10/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2275 posts
This doesn't really sound like an actual boycott so much as you just not being able or willing to continue playing the game at the same level as you have been on the same server as your friends...
01:12am 24/10/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8010 posts
a1d3n (if that is your real name),

The initial transfer had crap notice, I agree 100%
I almost missed out as that particular weekend I was moving house and didn't have an established network connection. One of the lads called me an let me know there was a timer on the transfer, which I was able to meet.

Lucky for me;

The second notice was a long time coming,
When it did arrive, it was also widely broadcast across the community along with many people, via mates, online friends, clans etc (again) as many were waiting for the opportunity to transfer.

I've another mate who didn't check his emails despite me sending him a txt saying "Dude, check your email, 2nd round of NA to SEA transfers are finally happening ", he forgot and ended up missing out.

Petition all you want, I suspect you've missed the boat/plane/tank?

01:34am 24/10/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9452 posts
Im joining this Boycot and demanding they Free Hat.
01:53am 24/10/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21651 posts
Nice personal message you sent me. You sound like a real stand up guy.
post it.
01:54am 24/10/12 Permalink
Infidel
Netherlands
3974 posts
I just don't play the game anymore, fairly boring as they don't innovate much.
02:33am 24/10/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3046 posts
post it.

Yes.

And
Free Hat.

lol
10:59am 24/10/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8011 posts
Infidel, you played since they introduced physics?
Hell of a lot of fun drift racing a T50-2 while being a scout

Tin Foil or Felt?
01:15pm 24/10/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17380 posts
can't not be posted now surely
01:22pm 24/10/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
938 posts
I play on the US server and I still manage to destroy stuff so I am not too worried. I have a SEA account but there was only like 1000 people there. I would be interested in playing on SEA if the community there was larger. I do enjoy this game and wish World of Battleships would hurry the hell up, It will be a nice change of pace. Even if its only a visual change (ships as apposed to tanks).

Edit: Physics are awesome. I sometimes get someone pushing my slow tank up hill with their fast tank.
02:31pm 24/10/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3365 posts
I think alot of people have been caught out by this. Some people have work commitments we cant all be armchair keyboard warriors. Besides I just want the option to be able to decide which server i play on with my one account.

sorry, you have spend lots of time, and hundreds of $'s, yet you claim not to be a keyboard warrior, yeah right

man, i played it like a few hours years ago, and I knew, so ha for failing,
02:35pm 24/10/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13085 posts

I have spent the good part of two years and a couple hundred dollars

A couple Hundred? This crap is reason why micro-payment pay-to-win games are still around.
The model also encourages the use of intentionally slow progression through the game to entice you to purchase XP-Boost backs and whatnot.
2nd worse gaming model, IMO. My number 1 hated slot are those stupid Facebook games where you have to get 'friends' playing to allow you more options or whatever.
02:36pm 24/10/12 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3000 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Off-Topic
02:44pm 24/10/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
939 posts
I admit i have bought extra tank slots and premium tanks. I want that damned chuchhill, I will wait till its on special cause I missed out last time when it was on sale for 500 gold.
02:54pm 24/10/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6156 posts
I'm going to take up this game in protest of this protest.

Only because i hate your name.
AIDEN.
04:19pm 24/10/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8012 posts
BladeRunner, SEA server has more than +10k players now and aboput ~130 ping.

In general though, player skill level is far less than NA :(
Prolly the reason we (PANZACS) own 37 provinces in the North East corner of Clan Wars :)
04:41pm 24/10/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
940 posts
Looks like I will wait for another transfer option thing, if they have another one. I could roll on SEA but I would be giving up 4 tier 6 tank and a lot of tier 5s, not to mention premium tanks lol.
05:42pm 24/10/12 Permalink
Infidel
Netherlands
3976 posts
Had a game last night with the new physics, was a crackup in the E50, racked up 7 kills 3 by ramming into lower tier tanks :)
06:26pm 24/10/12 Permalink
a1d3n
3 posts
The diary of a mad tanker
Day 1

The boycott appears to be going well.
I can sense the numbers are growing day by day.
After HUGE support from the WoT community my spirits remain high.
Altho browsing the icons on the desktop, its hard knowing the world of tanks icon is just there. I will not click. I must remain strong and hold course if someone is to make a difference in these troubling non server choosing times.
Someone must be able to make a difference, i can only hope it doesn't come too late.
Until tomorrow, ill keep shelling the void of loneliness.
09:18pm 24/10/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17382 posts
you're a tool
09:23pm 24/10/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
961 posts

I thought you were dead or banned or something! :O
09:27pm 24/10/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21655 posts
Thread typo. The correct spelling is 'What Boycott?'
05:20am 25/10/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8013 posts
I present to you all, the newly forming nation of PANZACISTAN
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/105047984/PANZACISTAN.png

01:07pm 25/10/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
943 posts
Cool stuff HERMITech. I just got the KV-IS, its default gun is poor at best. Now I have the first 122mm on there and it does stuff now. I am finding that in Tier 6, if you don't get a kill and loose the battle you actually loose coin per battle because of repairs and ammo. Thats no good because I don't always get a kill.
07:51pm 25/10/12 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1840 posts
haha what the f***, this c*** has to be door, surely.
09:26pm 25/10/12 Permalink
a1d3n
4 posts
haha what the f***, this c*** has to be door, surely.

what does this mean?
09:18pm 27/10/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
950 posts
The next update (8.1) brings back 4 maps that have been re-done including Dragon Valley.

More info here.
09:51pm 28/10/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:51pm 28/10/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.