We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
Hitman Absolution. Are you getting it?
DorianVoid
Brisbane, Queensland
5 posts
I've been a fan of the Hitman series for many years so I'm really looking forward to its release. Are any of you here planning to buy the game when it comes out? It's only a few months away now. =)
10:02am 02/10/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:02am 02/10/12 Permalink
Snakeman
Queensland
842 posts
I never played the others but I'm wondering if I'm gonna miss out on anything if I get this one and jump straight in ???
10:11am 02/10/12 Permalink
Cheez
Brisbane, Queensland
707 posts
Pre-ordered months ago and got the mini game last month as a result, lets you play one sniper level and your score from that unlocks bonus weapons / items on release.
12:19pm 02/10/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2923 posts
Probably not. Seems like they have given it the console treatment a bit too much.
01:05pm 02/10/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2995 posts
Love hitman series. Played all of them and i reckon they have been getting better. Dont know anything about this one but as usual i'll wait for reviews and try a torrent version before buying if im unsure of it.

I never played the others but I'm wondering if I'm gonna miss out on anything if I get this one and jump straight in ???

Im sure there is some sort of hitman story with character progression (i skip the story) but i dont think it will be a big deal if you go straight to the latest. However, wait for a steam sale and pick up the last hitman for $2.50 IIRC. Awesome game, still great graphics and best so far IMO.

Seems like they have given it the console treatment a bit too much.

My worst nightmare. Hope this isnt the case.
01:24pm 02/10/12 Permalink
DorianVoid
Brisbane, Queensland
8 posts

You'll probably be alright jumping straight in with the new game, but the others are definitely still worth playing, especially Contracts and Bloodmoney.
08:35pm 02/10/12 Permalink
SWH
Sydney, New South Wales
1 posts
Yeah I used to love hitman, played hitman 2 when i was about 8 years old had no idea what i was doing really but started to get into it more as new games came out, blood money was the best if you ask me.

I'm pretty keen on this one, probably worth the buy i'll probably wait til a review comes out though but what i've seen so far it looks crazy
09:33pm 18/10/12 Permalink
Infidel
Netherlands
3969 posts
I loved the Hitman games but will wait to see how it is. Been burnt by a few games lately that turned out to be horrendous.
09:52pm 18/10/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21643 posts
When it comes to a game like Hitman, what exactly does giving it the console treatment mean?
09:52pm 18/10/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4801 posts
I would assume something like only one way to kill targets, but its extreme?
10:12pm 18/10/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16045 posts
i noticed last night that the price has been increased on steam. :(
10:14pm 18/10/12 Permalink
DorianVoid
Brisbane, Queensland
12 posts
Wow, only one month to go!
01:59pm 19/10/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1290 posts
I'm keen. I have always enjoyed the Hitman Franchise as my 'sneaky' game of choice (I never really got into the Thief Franchise, and for similar reasons aren't interested in the likes of Assassin's Creed)

The plot is something that could easily be picked up from a wiki page in a paragraph or two. The 'over-arcing plot' takes a back seat in this game series IMO.
Where this game shines (and is getting better and better) is that there are several ways to complete these missions, and plenty of 'room to move' as far as botching a mission and executing every living thing, versus seamlessly weaving your way through the level/mission leaving only your target deceased of 'natural causes'.

I picked it up on GMG for somewhere between $40-45 for the 'Professional Edition' (includes a few extra weapons when you first start the game, but more importantly (for me) it also includes the Sniper pre-order mini/side game)

The Pro Ed is still going on Green Man Gaming and with their promo code (GMG20-FXYD1-7WHP1 20% off, runs til 1100 UTC on the 26th of Oct 2012) you can pick it for ~$48 (not the cheapest, but I'm happy to pay that much for it)

(The Standard is also available from GMG for ~40, but IMO the 'bonus level' is well worth the extra $8. It's pretty slick for a 'tech demo'/mini game)

If peeps are keen to pick it up on GMG (and don't already have an account), click on this referal code link and score a few extra bucks (I think it's only $2) that you can throw at your next GMG purchase.
/feels a little dirty for the 'referral link' if you take offence, it's quite simple, don't click on it. (and then ask, I'll remove it)
04:19pm 19/10/12 Permalink
Daniel
Melbourne, Victoria
6 posts
I definitely should purchase this game :)
05:25pm 23/10/12 Permalink
durgaprasad
Other International
1 posts
Thanks for sharing information. Actually I had also the same question in mind for a long time anyways you started this thread & I am so happy.
08:05pm 08/11/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2961 posts
When it comes to a game like Hitman, what exactly does giving it the console treatment mean?

Seeing paths, seeing through walls etc. Too many aids. I saw one of the early vids of it and have not really payed much attention to it since. I'll prob watch some you tube vids post release to get a better idea, but interest right now is almost nothing.
08:19pm 08/11/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16146 posts
you can turn all that stuff off trauma.
08:26pm 08/11/12 Permalink
durgaprasad
Other International
2 posts
Thanks.
12:58am 09/11/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3136 posts
you can turn all that stuff off trauma.

Makes sense. Kinda like the different difficulties of the last hitman.
01:07am 09/11/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20147 posts
Give it up random 2 post dude, nobody is going to click those broken-ass links in your signature.
01:11am 09/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:11am 09/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.