Grab yourself a beta key for World of Warcraft's fifth expansion right here!
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Beta Giveaway
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Anyone have a spare bored aussie invite?
sudokia
Sydney, New South Wales
1 posts
Me and 2 other mates are wanting to play on the BA servers because iccup and us servers are just too laggy for us.

if anyone is kind of enough to lend me an invite, please send the invite to tttks_43@hotmail.com

Thanks!
If no one has an invite, i don't mind, im practically going around a lot of australian gaming forums looking for an invite but so far no luck...
11:06pm 02/09/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:06pm 02/09/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
7963 posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask what the f*** you are talking about?
11:23pm 02/09/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2818 posts
I googled it. Some game server i think. I assume they are invite only.
11:26pm 02/09/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6057 posts
Bored aussies used to host a shard bnet server for games like starcraft and warcraft3, so that way you could play on a local server without the crazy huge internet pings, but it also allowed people with non-genuine copies of games to play.

I was a member for a while but i woudln't even remember my login details.

I don't know if they did anything in the last 5 years to be fair.

It was a pretty big DotA community there, people who dropped, or cheated got banned from the server meaning that people didn't need to be so anal about keeping current banlists. This was the number 1 reason of why to play on bored aussies when dota was big.

Playing dota on bnet was essentially a game of roulette for how many people would stay connected past the 10 minute mark. Even with extensive banlists, including IP and bnet account bans, it wasn't really that effective as a new account and shared IP's meant people circumvented most of the lists.
11:27pm 02/09/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6058 posts
I just checked my account and i have 0 invites. I had 3 in total i suppose from when i first created the account maybe but now i have zero :P
11:34pm 02/09/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2147 posts
I have a feeling invites are currently close because I logged on to my wife's account and it says used invites = 0 and available invites = 0
11:45pm 02/09/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10149 posts
I prefer iCCup because it's easy to get a game. You said it's laggy, but StarCraft is peer-to-peer. I found that I could get decent games happening most of the time if I hosted my own.

Circumventing the Battle.net servers is illegal though, which is frowned upon here fyi.
11:54pm 02/09/12 Permalink
Persay
Brisbane, Queensland
7564 posts
is this a first post actually related to gaming? OMG no way !
11:32am 03/09/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6059 posts
I prefer iCCup because it's easy to get a game. You said it's laggy, but StarCraft is peer-to-peer. I found that I could get decent games happening most of the time if I hosted my own.

Circumventing the Battle.net servers is illegal though, which is frowned upon here fyi.

Yeah, but SC and Broodwar were really laggy even to players in singapore and most people played on usw. Same with wc3, hosted games were p2p meaning that your latency was based on the owner of the game.

BoredAussies, by factor of it's name, almost guarantee's that you'll be playing with no more than a 50ms ping, and whatever inbuilt latency that the netcode had built in to blizzards other games to help interpolation etc.

Knowing your game will be local is better than sometimes half the people might be local, but only probably 1 in 8 games were actually australian hosted. Although i do remember people tagging locations in the game names for DotA etc.

With your other point i think it should be frowned upon. A service which circumvents the authentication does allow a channel for people to play games online in the full extent without paying for the game. I think that's bad. But much of this was a response to long ago when blizzard refused to give a real australian solution for game hosting. So i feel no pity. These were games that were heavily affected by latency and blizzard considers it a non-issue for overseas smaller clients. So if they think we're not worth the revenue, they won't miss the lack of sales stemmed from piracy of the game which follows a shard server hosting.
12:37pm 03/09/12 Permalink
ItsMe
Brisbane, Queensland
138 posts
Invite Sent.
01:15pm 03/09/12 Permalink
sudokia
Sydney, New South Wales
2 posts
Sorry for the late replies!

Thank you Skythra for clearing things for me even tho i was gonna answer them later!
When I play on iccup, i cannot macro at all especially macroing muta to harass economy. It's just too hard to control.

With your other point i think it should be frowned upon. A service which circumvents the authentication does allow a channel for people to play games online in the full extent without paying for the game. I think that's bad. But much of this was a response to long ago when blizzard refused to give a real australian solution for game hosting. So i feel no pity. These were games that were heavily affected by latency and blizzard considers it a non-issue for overseas smaller clients. So if they think we're not worth the revenue, they won't miss the lack of sales stemmed from piracy of the game which follows a shard server hosting.

In a sense I do agree with you but if a company does not lack the interest to support a country like Australia then how is bypassing authentication immoral? If Blizzard decided to drop the plug on Australia (not giving australia gaming hosting) and not care about us anymore, then shouldn't someone do something about it especially players like me that want to play. If they don't care about the revenue so fair enough, circumventing authentication is commensalism, positive affect on gamers and neutral affect on Blizzard. Just my two cents though!

Invite Sent.

I haven't received the invite to my email.
07:44pm 04/09/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6061 posts
Macro is big game stuff, economy buildings and strategy, micro is unit based stuff, moving units, making units stutterstep, etc. ;)
10:16pm 04/09/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:16pm 04/09/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close