AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Diablo III Starter Edition - FREE
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8188 posts
Blizzard has announced that the Diablo III starter edition is now available and free;

The demonically-besieged world of Sanctuary needs heroes. Now you can join in the apocalyptic battle for FREE via the all-new Diablo® III Starter Edition. Available exclusively via Battle.net®, the Starter Edition allows you to fight your way up to the Skeleton King boss in Act I, and advance all the way to level 13, without having to purchase a copy of Diablo III.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6939568/

Seems like a reasonable restriction to get a taste of the full game but from memory it's the first time Blizzard has introduced a "free" sort of game without time limitation and instead relying on the games enjoyment to make you become a purchaser.
05:00pm 30/08/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:00pm 30/08/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21333 posts
Hmm, might check this out. Free = good.
05:03pm 30/08/12 Permalink
Mosfx
Gold Coast, Queensland
1245 posts
Starcraft 2 and WoW are the same too
05:09pm 30/08/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
19830 posts
Yeah, WoW went "free" till level 20 a few months back, theres a lot of restrictions on it though to stop gold farmers making easy free accounts to spam people with. Like I think you can only send tells to people who are your friends, and I don't think you can use the AH or send stuff through the mail.
05:29pm 30/08/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
15821 posts
wait, so the starter edition i played months ago, wasn't free?
05:39pm 30/08/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2766 posts
Remember when we had demos? Those were the days.
system
Internet
--
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close