We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
Big Natural Selection 2 Update + Trailer
ctd
UK
10067 posts
Today the NS2 developers, Unknown Worlds, are releasing quite a big update for the FPS/RTS hybrid. This build contains lots of fixes, optimizations and balance changes. The biggest new feature is the marine Exosuit.

New Trailer:

Screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lql7ihqf9uk2a3a/_FUyr33K4S

Official Announcement:
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2012/8/exosuit_revealed

Also announced is that the game will be available September 4 on steam for pre-order with a release expected later that month.

I know this game always gets haters in these threads but it has come a long way in the last few builds and is really enjoyable now.
11:00pm 28/08/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:00pm 28/08/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6089 posts
I just came in my pants

Finally the big fella is back!

11:12pm 28/08/12 Permalink
Rdizz
Germany
2122 posts
whats the expected cost of this game?
12:07am 29/08/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2177 posts
Good to see the models and animations are finally getting up to professional quality. It all looked pretty good except the way those dog-like creatures run.

Also, seems to be still no sign of that dynamic creep spread that I thought was the whole reason for making their own engine in the first place?

I know this game always gets haters in these threads but it has come a long way in the last few builds and is really enjoyable now.

One of my favourite moments on these forums was gamer getting completely butthurt and going from slavering fanboy to hater in a matter of days cause some other guy got to go visit the developers and not him.
12:18am 29/08/12 Permalink
ctd
UK
10068 posts
Also, seems to be still no sign of that dynamic creep spread that I thought was the whole reason for making their own engine in the first place?

It is in the game, just not on show in that video. Operates the same way that starcraft creep does. Commander lays down tumours and it spreads over the floor and walls.
One of my favourite moments on these forums was gamer getting completely butthurt and going from slavering fanboy to hater in a matter of days cause some other guy got to go visit the developers and not him.

Yeah he was fair retarded.

12:32am 29/08/12 Permalink
ctd
UK
10069 posts
whats the expected cost of this game?

30-35USD.

IMO they will probably have to lower that price if they want to get the masses in.
12:43am 29/08/12 Permalink
Infidel
Netherlands
3929 posts
by today it probably means today US time, doesnt seem live in Europe yet
02:25am 29/08/12 Permalink
ctd
UK
10070 posts
It is out now. Changelog here:
http://t.co/remjpft6

Also includes a remake of ns_veil. If you played the original game this was the de_dust2 of ns.
05:54pm 29/08/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6091 posts
Hello everyone,

You’re receiving this email because you pre-ordered Natural Selection 2 or at one point indicated you were interested in the game.

It is our absolute pleasure to reveal the Exosuit to you. Weighing several tons and packing ammunition drums stuffed full of whoop-ass, it represents the pinnacle of the marine tech tree. Its miniguns will tear through the toughest alien life forms, while its armor will even protect the occupant from an Onos goring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re9sqgeWFDM (3:41 long)

You should be able to play the Exo later today on Steam if all goes according to plan. Along with this mechanized pain train, the impending Exosuit patch includes a brand new map: Veil. This is a ground-up remake of the beloved NS1 map and is massive, beautiful and complex.

The patch is also packed with bug fixes, balance adjustments, and performance improvements. The physics system has been completely overhauled. A new hint system gives greater accessibility for new players, while a menu option allows experienced players a clear HUD. New commander UI’s are making it easier for those of you who aspire to lead, and a new visual power grid system will allow you to place structures more deftly.

If you haven't played for awhile, now is great time to try it again. Cheers and we hope to see you in-game.

-The NS2 Team
07:33pm 29/08/12 Permalink
sharkuul
Brisbane, Queensland
520 posts
After that vid will probably be buying ... I luved NS1
10:10pm 29/08/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6093 posts
While the exo does seem overpowered with dual chain guns and unlimited ammo it does have a few draw backs as seen in latest ns2hd vid.

If the aliens gang up on you and you dont have any backup with welders you will go down pretty quickly. Also you can't build, weld or be beaconed while using the exosuit.

ff to 10:00

09:33pm 01/09/12 Permalink
Infidel
Netherlands
3932 posts
or phase gate
01:05am 02/09/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:05am 02/09/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.