We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
Various bits of World of Warcraft news
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
19806 posts
The World of Warcraft Remote stuff (remote guild chat and remote auction house) is now free, which lets you manage your auctions on the AH from the web or on your phone, or talk in guild chat from your phone. Full story over here

For anyone looking to grab another account, or their first account, the game is super cheap for the next few days until August 28th. If you buy it from the Blizzard Store you can get the original game plus Burning Crusade expansion for $5, Wrath of the Lich King expansion for $5, and Cataclysm for $10. Good opportunity to upgrade any other accounts you have to Cataclysm for cheap too.

Patch 5.04 lands this tuesday, and contains all the mechanic and class changes that are part of Mists of Pandaria, including all the new abilities, talents, glyphs, account wide mounts/pets/achievements and a crapload of other stuff. Blizzard have put up a 5.04 'survival guide' which outlines a few of the major changes and gives an idea what to expect on Tuesday.
10:59am 26/08/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:59am 26/08/12 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2811 posts
cool, thanks Khel

I recently jumped on again and trying to squeeze a bit more game time in amongst work and kids etc. I still enjoy it.
11:01am 26/08/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
3965 posts
wow blizzard really don't care about the game anymore. they must be full steam ahead into this new MMO they are supposedly making. at least thats how it feels to me.
11:02am 26/08/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
20850 posts
Nice. Can't wait to see what the talent system looks like. Should be fun re-learning everything again.
12:10pm 26/08/12 Permalink
Jim
UK
13059 posts
I found it kind of lame really
in most cases a lot of talents just became passive skills to all specs of a class and now there's some relatively minor choices to make, and in several cases, between skills that you want none of anyway

most classes have more skills available to them overall due to many of the current talents being made passive, so you kind of feel better off - just some of the talent tiers are like... wow these are s*** except maybe for pvp, which is a royal joke in wow anyway

there are a couple of new abilities for each class though, both from talents and class skills at 87-ish
05:37pm 26/08/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
19810 posts
I haven't tried any of the changes on beta or PTR, so should be interesting Wednesday night trying to raid with my spriest, sounds like they've completely changed how shadow orbs work.
10:08am 27/08/12 Permalink
Jim
UK
13060 posts
yeh our spriest doens't sound happy after testing his toon on beta
this is a guy who's raided spriest since tbc
05:25pm 27/08/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
891 posts
is there any news at all on the new MMO?
06:30pm 27/08/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
19817 posts
Titan? nah, they've been very tight lipped about it. There were rumours ages ago about it being some kind of MMO action game, like a third person shooter type of deal (like Planetstrike I guess) rather than an RPG, which would kinda make sense cos then they wouldn't be directly competing with themselves against WoW.

Something I was just reading about for MoP impressed me from a technology point of view, the Cross-Realm zones. Sounds like reverse instancing essentially, where instead of multiple copies of a zone being spawned when it gets busy, you get the same zone on multiple servers being blended together into the one instance, so what would normally be a pretty quiet zone, becomes more populated. Sounds like a really cool idea

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/5393667/
03:47pm 28/08/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:47pm 28/08/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.