Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Protocol E. - New Aussie indie game in development
Shao
Sydney, New South Wales
27 posts
Hey Everyone,
We're a new indie game developer based in Sydney and we're currently working on a game called Protocol E.

We wanted to get involved with aussie gamers to be part of the gaming community and to get feedback and opinions as we develop Protocol E.
We'll update this thread as we progress through development and add new features.
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8519/peposter1web.jpghttp://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3089/screenshot01r.jpg

We currently have a very early alpha build on our website that you can download and try out: Silver Nova Software
Please note that it is an alpha and has not been optimized, currently its windows only and it may not run on every system flawlessly and may have the occasional bug.

Give it a go if you like and let us know what you think.
We may not be able to reply to every single response and feedback point, but we will defiantly read every one we get :)

Shao (aka Bios)

sanctioned by trog 222947
02:31pm 22/08/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:31pm 22/08/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
1036 posts
Is this for PC?
02:57pm 22/08/12 Permalink
Shao
Sydney, New South Wales
28 posts
Is this for PC?

Yes it is. We are looking at other platforms too, however we are focusing on PC first.
03:04pm 22/08/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
1038 posts
duh, missed the part where you said "windows only"
03:32pm 22/08/12 Permalink
Shao
Sydney, New South Wales
29 posts
duh, missed the part where you said "windows only"

lol, no worries, I miss things all the time when I'm reading :)
03:39pm 22/08/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
1039 posts
just as a heads up, chrome was telling me how dangerous zip files were and how I shouldnt download them. I dunno if this will scare off your users, might be worth making it a zipped .exe, those are much less dangerous apparently.....

edit - ok, played the tutorial and had a crack at assault, I'll give survival a go later on.

Compliments
- drawing a line to tell your troops where to go = f*****g genius, this is by far the standout feature of this game imo. I was whipping out complex formations of units so fast, good stuff!
- The music and sound are pretty good for where you're at
- The look of the game is awesome and fits well with the aesthetics and gameplay
- Ran smoothly, didnt crash, not bad for an alpha ;)

Criticisms
- I had a hard time tracking enemies, sometimes they disappeared, it might be a bug. I felt like I wanted more feedback when they died.
- It took me a little while to get my head around how custom formations worked. The explanation in the tutorial confused me and when I actually figured out how to do it I found the implementation a little clunky. Is there a button or command that resets the formation back to default? Mine were getting silly and I wanted to clear them.
- I kinda wish that the troops were distributed evenly along the line no matter how long I drew it
- Probably an alpha thing, but I wish there was collision detection, or at least that the enemies wouldnt occupy the same space as my troops.

Looking good!

edit - lol, talk about not reading stuff, I see you guys are already aware of the .zip warnings
03:56pm 22/08/12 Permalink
mooby
Brisbane, Queensland
6159 posts
downloading now... looks fun
08:48pm 22/08/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:48pm 22/08/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.