Season's Greetings! We present to you, our final AusGamers Wrap-Up of the year. Don't miss it, or the cliffhanger!
Season Finale: AusGamers Weekly Wrap-Up
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
Ubisoft $1 games
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
740 posts
As much as I hate uplay, I'm not going to turn down a good deal. Ubisoft are having a sale this week

http://shop.ubi.com

$1 games:

Thur - HAWX 2
Fri - From Dust
Sat - Silent Hunter 5
Sun - Driver - San Francisco

plus 75% off:

Thur - Adventures of Tintin and Anno 2070
Fri - Assassin's Creed series and Prince of Persia.
Sat - Shaun White Skateboarding and Heroes VI
Sun - Settlers 7 and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Been hanging for a flying game for a while and can't go wrong for $1
11:25am 16/08/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:25am 16/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2670 posts
From dust f*** yeah. A steam mate didnt think it was worth $5 but for $1 thats basically free.

Driver was pretty s*** but for $1 its worth it.

Thanks for the heads up.
11:31am 16/08/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
3950 posts
i wouldn't touch Ubisoft game if it was free. not after my experience with uplay..
11:31am 16/08/12 Permalink
euphoria
Gold Coast, Queensland
2044 posts
Enjoyed From Dust but hadn't realised I'd need uPlay for it when I bought it though. Played and finished game, immediately uninstalled uplay... never again.
01:36pm 16/08/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2844 posts
Still not worth it.
01:49pm 16/08/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20431 posts
i wouldn't touch Ubisoft game if it was free. not after my experience with uplay..

I wouldn't install anything from ubisoft even if they paid me.
05:10pm 16/08/12 Permalink
The GuVna
Brisbane, Queensland
1834 posts
Driver San Fran is awesome multiplayer, pretty dull single player

Definately worth $1 :)
06:37pm 16/08/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5139 posts
This is from a few years ago... has it got any better than this?

06:46pm 16/08/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6339 posts
That kept happening to me in AC Brotherhood last year :(, seemed to get better when I tried it again this year though.

It's amazing that they seemingly don't have a huge several minutes window or something on it.
06:56pm 16/08/12 Permalink
d^
Melbourne, Victoria
1184 posts
Can you use these games on steam?
07:04pm 16/08/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6340 posts
When I got Settlers 7 through their accidental $0 sale, it didn't seem to be linkable to steam.
07:06pm 16/08/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2847 posts
Had the same thing when I played conviction.

Ubisoft are the first pubs to make me really value crackers and believe they are important to this industry.
07:09pm 16/08/12 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
6063 posts
from dust, sold
07:32pm 16/08/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20434 posts
Had the same thing when I played conviction.Ubisoft are the first pubs to make me really value crackers and believe they are important to this industry.

Who was it who issued an "official patch" for their game that so many people were having trouble with, that turned out to be nothing more than a hacked exe they downloaded from a torrent? Pretty damn funny.
09:22pm 16/08/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36439 posts
How about they take off the DRM, and I'll pay $5
09:32pm 16/08/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6341 posts
Seriously, for one buck, everybody should grab From Dust, disable the browser plugins, and give it a whirl (being sure to change the control scheme to the alternative traditional control scheme, if that's not default by now).
09:50pm 16/08/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
7933 posts
HAWX 2 ....
Not even for a $

So dissapointed in that game (and I paid full pre subscribe price)
10:37am 17/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2675 posts
Who was it who issued an "official patch" for their game that so many people were having trouble with, that turned out to be nothing more than a hacked exe they downloaded from a torrent? Pretty damn funny.

Max Payne 2 IIRC.

I paid for From Dust with paypal and received this message but nothing has happened for 2 hours:
Thank you for your purchase. Your order is currently being processed. You will receive an email shortly confirming your purchase and including delivery information.
11:00am 17/08/12 Permalink
Winston
Melbourne, Victoria
400 posts
You can continue to suck my balls, Ubi.
03:38pm 17/08/12 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
4895 posts
I'd rather suck farts out a dogs arse than pay for an ubisoft game. Even $1 is giving them too much money for their stupid bulls*** DRM.
03:51pm 17/08/12 Permalink
Lithium
Rockhampton, Queensland
321 posts
Another game platform delivery program?

S*** games are made by ubisoft, nothing there that I'd pay anything for, nor waste my valuable time on pirating. Last decent thing they made was Farcry 1.
03:58pm 17/08/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6558 posts
That was Ubisoft, it was for Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.
04:15pm 17/08/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2848 posts
How about they take off the DRM, and I'll pay $5

I'd pay full price for AC3 if they did that.
06:11pm 17/08/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7496 posts
how bad is the drm with ubi these days? have they toned it down?

if not paying 1 dollar for them to get in my machine doesnt seem worth it
06:14pm 17/08/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20437 posts
Another game platform delivery program?
It's getting silly. Eventually we're going to have to be logged in to 50 different DRM programs just to play one game ffs. Why can't everyone just use steam.
06:31pm 17/08/12 Permalink
Manst
Central Coast, New South Wales
10 posts
Is it just me or are we being charged in Euros on the Au site? Wouldn't surprise me with ubi.
07:09pm 17/08/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
3955 posts
Manst do your self a favour, stay away from Ubsoft. its not worth the pain.
09:38pm 17/08/12 Permalink
KrazeR
Melbourne, Victoria
7 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Spamming
11:35am 01/11/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7467 posts
AC2 was great on PS3, so bought it on PC. Tried to play AC2 on PC, worst port ever. Can't remember exactly what the problem was but I think if I remember correctly it would just keep telling me "press (action) (key)", and not give the re-bound key or something? Or not tell me what key it was? Buggered if I remember, I gave up trying to play it.

No, I lie. LA Noire was the worst port ever. I still haven't been able to play that at all because the keybinds fail (can't rebind, can't move, I can't remember. it was unplayable, and I dont' mean in the annoying way - I mean you actually couldn't proceed).
11:46am 01/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13009 posts
It's getting silly. Eventually we're going to have to be logged in to 50 different DRM programs just to play one game ffs. Why can't everyone just use steam.

Because we call that a monopoly, and it's a bad idea. Ubi's system is no doubt s*** but they are at least competing in the marketplace which drives innovation.
11:48am 01/11/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3071 posts
Yeah, my pet rage with games is when i rebind controls and it it displayed the default controls on screen when telling me commands during the tutorial. To me thats just f*****g lazy.

However, AC2 and LA Noire worked fine for me with controls and im ESDF so not the WASD standard. Worst port - GTA4 for the fail graphics settings making the game unplayable without command line fixes.
12:31pm 01/11/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7468 posts
Because we call that a monopoly, and it's a bad idea. Ubi's system is no doubt s*** but they are at least competing in the marketplace which drives innovation.

Or... hey, here's a crazy idea, hear me out okay...

We could just not have DRM.

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu172/mintychinchilla/billtedWHOA.gif
01:47pm 01/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13011 posts

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu172/mintychinchilla/billtedWHOA.gif

Yeh but that's unlikely to happen anytime soon, so if we're stuck with DRM lets at least have a competitive marketplace where the least annoying / most innovative / best value service gains market share.
01:56pm 01/11/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3075 posts
No DRM, lol, yeah right.
01:59pm 01/11/12 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9748 posts
S*** games are made by ubisoft, nothing there that I'd pay anything for, nor waste my valuable time on pirating. Last decent thing they made was Farcry 1.

heh.. we're still playing Farcry 1 at lans.

it's a bugger they didn't fix that bug with hosting it on a a server with gigabit ethernet. At least you can clock the game server speed down to 100 Mbit when you're setting up the server for the lan.

I haven't played everything that Ubisoft have made, though they have made some of my fave games. // looks at Steve F with PuppyDog eyes hoping for a free copy of AC3 XD
07:52pm 01/11/12 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
8039 posts
What's with the thread-necromancy lately?
11:25pm 01/11/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11763 posts

I figure these will probably need uPlay or some other rubbish to play. Hate that stuffs....
10:02am 02/11/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17440 posts

when everyone stops pirating games we can get rid of DRM ok ?

LOL YEAH RIGHT
10:09am 02/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:09am 02/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.