Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
PCPowerPlay confirms, multiplayer in Mass Effect 3
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
13493 posts
not sure what to think about this. hopefully it hasn't taken their focus away from making a great single player experience.

That’s right - Mass Effect 3 is getting multiplayer! We travel to BioWare’s office in Edmonton for hands-on time with the series’ first foray into online gameplay, and chat with Mass Effect Series Producer and Mass Effect 3 Project Director Casey Hudson about the decision to go multiplayer in the epic battle for the galaxy.

the cover reads:

Fight alongside your friends as the galaxy goes to war!

co-op gameplay perhaps?
08:55pm 10/10/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:55pm 10/10/11 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
7963 posts
co-op would be alright i guess, also hope they dont take time away form single player to add in a half-asses multiplayer
08:57pm 10/10/11 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
4494 posts
Yeah it doesn't sound good for the genre. That being said, Baldur's Gate pulled off a way of doing it, where people join the player's party with their own characters to help, though I never really tried properly.

Come to think of it, holy s*** Baldurs Gate II was an amazing game. Frikkin, wizard asylum on an island,
09:01pm 10/10/11 Permalink
Vash
3091 posts
its so simple to pull off co-op though... just let the players possess one of your party's companions. No big deal right?
Its cool going through a campaign with a mate
09:29pm 10/10/11 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
4495 posts
Well, I'd prefer if it at least plays a sound bit "Assuming direct control" every time.

edit: something like this in fact.
09:40pm 10/10/11 Permalink
f**les
Brisbane, Queensland
5972 posts
Gears of War has a great co-op system, just posses any of the four charactors seamlessly, as if it wasn't even a big deal, just like "oh hi dude I'm totally human now and not a bot choice ay" and the other guy's like "oh yeah that's totally awesome lets kick some arse!!" and then your like "yeah"
09:59pm 10/10/11 Permalink
darkjedi
Hobart, Tasmania
3237 posts
Sounds like another excuse to market an online pass in a game they might not have been able to swing it with otherwise. Can't blame EA for thinking of the shareholders!
08:25am 11/10/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:25am 11/10/11 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.