AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Good 4 player Party game for the Xbox
Trixxta
Sydney, New South Wales
18 posts
Hi folks,

I am looking for a good 4 player Xbox party game. I have a big 52" plasma and 4 controllers and every now and then have a few people over at my place and I am looking for a fun casual game that 4 people can play. I have Black Ops which can be great for guys but girls aren't really too into it so would like to get a more casual chick friendly game. I am probably going to get "Scene it" which i have played before at a friends place which was fun but would like to get 2 or 3 others.

Do any of you have any good recommendations? Basically anything that non hardcore gamers would enjoy playing for an hour or two - I am thinking Racing games, trivia, that kind of thing.
05:17pm 24/07/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:17pm 24/07/11 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
18849 posts
kinect adventures
06:08pm 24/07/11 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
11403 posts
Kinect Sports and most likely kinect sports 2. Make sure you have enough play space. 2-3 meters from the kinect is really needed. It says 1.8, however that is really cutting it fine, particularly for tall or 2 players.
06:10pm 24/07/11 Permalink
gamer
1949 posts
original xbox + Casual + 4 players...

your lucky i saw this thread man... cause i know the definitive answer to this :) you even made me get up and go unbox my old xbox to answer your damn question! that's alot of effort!

FUSION FRENZY

It's like 100 games in the one disc. All 4 of you play on the same screen. It was literally the game that got my girlfriend into gaming. Also when other friends came over we would bust this out and some beer... before we had a nintendo wii.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzion_Frenzy

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/Fuzion_Frenzy_Coverart.png

Best. F*****g. Casual. Co-op. Game. Ever.
06:10pm 24/07/11 Permalink
Boxhead
Brisbane, Queensland
12204 posts
I found raskulls pretty cool for a bunch of people. But it can get repetitive.
06:28pm 24/07/11 Permalink
Trixxta
Sydney, New South Wales
23 posts
cool thanks guys - i don't have a kinect and im not sure if i want to drop the money for it yet - ill definitely check out fusion frenzy - it looks like the exact thing im after

cheers!
06:28pm 24/07/11 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
32591 posts
52" plasma

lolz
06:30pm 24/07/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
3631 posts
The 360 has the sequel to Fusion Frenzy as well. (Imaginatively titled Fusion Frenzy 2)
Castle Crashers is a pretty cool one if you like 2d retro style games.
06:37pm 24/07/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
14712 posts
Blur is pretty good for four place arcade style racing, it's baiscaly mario kart + wipeout with realistic cars and settings.

last edited by scuzzy at 19:25:22 24/Jul/11
06:48pm 24/07/11 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
11404 posts
O also, a non kinect game that girls (and boys) will most likely play is Raymen Raving Rabbids something about often funny crazy bunnies makes the girls interested. The mini-games themselves are not too bad. I haven't played the 360 version, only the Wii. On the Wii it was easily the 2nd most played game in the house, Super Smash Bros Brawl was the 1st most played.

There is a new one coming out, Raving Rabbids Alive and Kicking of which my family is keen to see as it is a family favourite for Wii and the Kinect should make it much more young kid friendly.
07:08pm 24/07/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
674 posts
Blur is pretty good for four place arcade style racing, it's baiscaly mario kart + wipeout with realistic cars and settings.last edited by scuzzy at 19:25:22 24/Jul/11

Its mario kart but s***.

If you can, get any Timesplitters game. TimeSplitters 2 was my Favourite but the are all great.
4 Player Multiplayer with bots with every setting tweakable and even a map editor!

HAs a very similar play style and feel to Goldeneye
09:42pm 24/07/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
14713 posts
Its mario kart but s***.
dang
10:23pm 24/07/11 Permalink
gamer
1950 posts
If you can, get any Timesplitters game.

The quickest thing to ruine casuals is to put them into a game that splits the screen 4 ways.

With XBOX not being high def... Casuals already get 1/4 the res... and then they occasionally forget which corner is their 'screen'.

Trust me... you dont want to put casuals into a split screen game... let alone a FPS.
08:24am 25/07/11 Permalink
The GuVna
Brisbane, Queensland
1594 posts
Played the trial for this game, Fancy pants Adventures:

Basically clones of all well known plaformers like sonic & mario, with physics & 4 players at once, I would get it if I had 3 people to play it with :)
09:49am 25/07/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
675 posts
The quickest thing to ruine casuals is to put them into a game that splits the screen 4 ways.

With XBOX not being high def... Casuals already get 1/4 the res... and then they occasionally forget which corner is their 'screen'.

Trust me... you dont want to put casuals into a split screen game... let alone a FPS.

whats wrong with splitscreen.
Your screen is split in mariokart/blur hell nearly every single 4 player game out. Even you Guitar Hereo and music games are splitscreen,

I think you may be confusing Casual Gamers with Gaming Illiterates.

TimeSplitters split screen FPS
Mashed - Micro Machines styled racer.
GTA:SA - always fun
V8:Supercars 3 split screen racing
Super Monkey series similar to mario party.
Rayman Ravin Rabbits - Similar to Mario Party
Red Faction splitscreen fps
Worms 4 - turn based cartoon worm killing
Lego:Starwars/Batman/Indiana Jones/Pirates - i enjoy these
MicroMachines
06:39pm 25/07/11 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
410 posts
I can't believe no-one has recommended Castle Crashers yet!.

Serious, ok, it's a little neiche (sp?) but it's a side scrolling game in similar vein to Double Dragon/TMNT Arcade/a thousand other games but grab the demo, give it a quick whirl and see what you think.

It's pretty mindless, but it's fun for what it is. (also goes for ~$15 at full price from memory)

See the vid below

**VID WARNING, AUDIO IS RUBBISH AND LOUD, IN GAME SOUND IS NOT THIS RUBBISH**
07:28pm 25/07/11 Permalink
trillion
Brisbane, Queensland
2527 posts
yeah Fusion Frenzy & Kung Fu Chaos on the original Xbox. On the 360, probably Geometry Wars and everything in the Radian Games verticle.
08:59am 26/07/11 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1292 posts
How has nobody recommended Terraria yet? game is the s***.

Edit - haha, next time I might actually read the thread title hey.
09:10am 26/07/11 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
414 posts
lol, well retracted Enska :P
03:35pm 26/07/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
16973 posts
I can't believe nobody's recommended Little Big Planet yet!
07:35pm 26/07/11 Permalink
Trixxta
Sydney, New South Wales
24 posts
Thanks everyone for all your recommendations - much appreciated! I'll definitely check them out.
09:24pm 27/07/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:24pm 27/07/11 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close