We take a look at Telltale's latest adventures in Gearbox's Borderlands to find out just what you can expect from this new adventure series.
Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 1: Zer0 Sum Reviewed
We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
Nintendo 3DS Streetpass - How do I use the stuff I get??!
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
16224 posts
So, I'm a bit confused. I've used that streetpass thing on the 3DS a few times, and a collected a few other people's Mii's, but how do you actually use them in the games? Like that RPG type quest game in the Mii Plaza, or the puzzle game where other people's Miis are meant to give you bits of puzzles. None of the Mii's I have collected with Streetpass show up in these games or are useable in these games but apparently they're meant to?
09:56am 13/04/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:56am 13/04/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
1398 posts
Usually you just go into the mini-games when you've found people, and they will give you puzzle pieces and help you defeat monsters. On a side note, the 4th ghost monster in quest mini-game is a birch to kill. Has a yellow shield that only yellow mii's can kill, or magic.
10:05am 13/04/11 Permalink
Vash
2446 posts
Apparently its random on what applications streetpass sends plaza mii's to.

11:39am 13/04/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6542 posts
It's not random. Every Mii you meet can be used in both the quest and can give you puzzle pieces (if they have ones you don't). When you get a Mii through StreetPass, you'll see a little ! next to the bag and sword in the Plaza. Go into there, and there should also be a ! next to the quest and puzzle selections in the menu. Just go in there and they will show up.

I've found though that if you open up the plaza to check your Miis but then don't use them, they'll disappear after a while. It may be when you get more StreetPass hits or when you exit the plaza, or maybe something else. They don't stay there forever though, so make sure you use them as soon as you can.
11:47am 13/04/11 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
5239 posts
Okay, so StreetPass Mii Plaza is the main one everyone will have - that transfers their Mii, and allows you to play two StreetPass Mii Plaza games. The first you trade pieces of a puzzle other players already have, to try to complete the puzzle. There's multiple puzzles. The second you use their charactors in an RPG like game to defeat enemies.

I don't yet know how it works for Lego Star Wars - you have to unlock is (stupid) and I haven't unlocked it yet.

In SSF4, you create a team, then enable Street Pass with that team. A team has a max of 20 points, which is the teams level, and you can modify the attributes of each of the 5 chars. The 5 chars you get from figure coleection - you get FP from playing online, or cashing in coins.
When you activate that team/SP, it will trade the team data and make a fight ready to be simulated, battling their team. For every win, you get a further 500FP.
11:53am 13/04/11 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
5240 posts
They don't stay there forever though, so make sure you use them as soon as you can.

You can only queue 10 at a time, and have a max of 100 in your plaza.
11:54am 13/04/11 Permalink
Vash
2447 posts
I got a new mii the other day and couldn't use them in puzzle quest or streetpast quest.
11:56am 13/04/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6544 posts
I don't yet know how it works for Lego Star Wars - you have to unlock is (stupid) and I haven't unlocked it yet.

You get 50,000 studs for every StreetPass. There's a terminal you go to in the hub area that gives them to you.

You can only queue 10 at a time, and have a max of 100 in your plaza.

But I think if you check your Miis, don't use them, then encounter more, only the most recently encountered can be used in the games. The others will still be in your plaza, but not in the game. I think anyway, that seems to be how it worked for me.

I got a new mii the other day and couldn't use them in puzzle quest or streetpast quest.

That's odd. I've been able to use everyone I've passed in the quest and the puzzle game.
12:19pm 13/04/11 Permalink
Mosfxx
Gold Coast, Queensland
344 posts
Usually you just go into the mini-games when you've found people, and they will give you puzzle pieces and help you defeat monsters. On a side note, the 4th ghost monster in quest mini-game is a birch to kill. Has a yellow shield that only yellow mii's can kill, or magic.

Ugh thanks for the tip.
12:19pm 13/04/11 Permalink
Kharak
Brisbane, Queensland
442 posts
I noticed the first couple of times when I found other people's Mii's in StreetPass, that if I played the puzzle / RPG games straight after finding them in StreetPass it worked, but a couple of times last week, I opened it up to check how many new people I found, put it back into sleep mode, then when I went back to play the games I didn't get any pieces / couldn't use them to fight.
12:22pm 13/04/11 Permalink
Mosfxx
Gold Coast, Queensland
345 posts
Nintendo Australia say: Nintendo 3DS™, Nintendo’s new device which offers portable entertainment in 3D without the need for special glasses, launched in Australia on 31 March and has already sold through more than 31,000 units! [Sales data collected by Nintendo from retail partner reporting]

http://www.itwire.com/your-it-news/entertainment/46508-nintendo-3ds-gets-close-to-wii-sales-record

Took me awhile how to work out streetpass but I got it all sorted now, just need some yellow miis :( I wonder if I could create and army of yellow miis on my 3DS and they'll be added into my Streetpass quest?
12:28pm 13/04/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
16225 posts

Yeah, this is what is happening to me, all the Miis I've got so far don't work in puzzle quest or streetpass quest. Maybe its like Midda said and if you don't use them immediately you can't use them, cos usually I'll like get home and go "Oh I had a streetpass" and open up the ds and go to the mii plaza and watch the animation of the Miis meeting and stuff, then turn the system off or put it back in sleep. When I come back later and try and play the quest or the puzzle game, I can't use the new Miis I got.
01:13pm 13/04/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6548 posts
Yeah, this is what is happening to me, all the Miis I've got so far don't work in puzzle quest or streetpass quest. Maybe its like Midda said and if you don't use them immediately you can't use them, cos usually I'll like get home and go "Oh I had a streetpass" and open up the ds and go to the mii plaza and watch the animation of the Miis meeting and stuff, then turn the system off or put it back in sleep. When I come back later and try and play the quest or the puzzle game, I can't use the new Miis I got.

Yeah, well that's the only time I've been unable to use Miis in the games. Watching them meet and then putting it back to sleep seems to be what screws it up.
02:33pm 13/04/11 Permalink
Mosfxx
Gold Coast, Queensland
349 posts
Yeah, well that's the only time I've been unable to use Miis in the games. Watching them meet and then putting it back to sleep seems to be what screws it up.

^ This, as soon as your load up Mii Plaza go straight to Puzzle Quest and the RPG one.
03:20pm 13/04/11 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
307 posts
I had to play the games before miis started showing up in them, it didnt work with the miis I collected beforehand.
The more you meet the same people the higher level they become
09:56pm 13/04/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
1405 posts
Finally got past 4th level ghost, b**** of a thing when NO ONE likes yellow :( So just had to use magic and magic boosting. Up to a dark ghost now, and i've found putting them to sleep then attacking with next mii usually gets you 5 or 6 hits.
01:01am 14/04/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6550 posts
I got through that room just now on my second play-through. Just keep hiring heroes until you get one with a yellow shirt.

This second playthrough is going waaaay faster. My girlfriend and my housemate's Miis are both max level because I usually get at least 2 StreetPasses from them each day. They smash a lot of the ghosts pretty quickly.
09:24am 14/04/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
16238 posts
Another question I was pondering last night, does Streetpass only work while the system is in Sleep mode? Or is it running in the background while you're playing games too?
12:49pm 14/04/11 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
5253 posts
Yes, only in sleep mode.

I just walked past Queen Vic market, to the Melbourne Central food court, at lunch time, and back via Melb Central lower level past EB, not a single street pass! Moo :(
01:15pm 14/04/11 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
1993 posts

Hah! hes nothing compared to some of the later ones some have 150+ health.

Another question I was pondering last night, does Streetpass only work while the system is in Sleep mode? Or is it running in the background while you're playing games too?

The only time its not running is when playing a DS game or connected to internet/wifi.

I am serious to god the master of street pass, i get 8+ hits a day.
06:41pm 14/04/11 Permalink
Mosfxx
Gold Coast, Queensland
352 posts
I got a hit today while I was running around at work, I actually have more female hits then male at the moment how bizzare.

I just spend 40 coins on cannon fodder to get me out of Mt Doom
06:52pm 14/04/11 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
1994 posts
you guys suck, regular hits are the key, leveling up the mii's gets them doing awesome dmg.

if you have some friends make sure you swap shirts when needed for shields and also for later levels for light and dark magic.

the play coins should be used for more important things, like unlocking AR stuff and the dumb puzzle pieces.
08:06pm 14/04/11 Permalink
Mosfxx
Gold Coast, Queensland
354 posts
I've unlocked all my AR games and my friends are too stooge to by a 3DS yet they are all waiting for Zelda.

I intentionally walking through the middle of a food court today to try and get hits also walking into every EB and Game store i saw to try and get hits too xD
09:21pm 14/04/11 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
5257 posts
Going to Mdlbourne airport tonight. If that doesn't get street pass hits, I don't know what will.
06:01am 15/04/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6559 posts
I'm almost through the quest for the second time. How many times until you have all of the hats?
10:06am 15/04/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
16251 posts
So I got some new streetpass hits while I was out last night, and used them straight away, and yeah that was fine, could use them in the game.

You can only use them once though, which makes me sad :( Guess I'll have to keep spending coins to hire s*** puppymen.
11:14am 15/04/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6563 posts
Nah, those hired heroes are pretty useless. They're only really any good for the rooms where you need a particular colour Mii, and none of your StreetPass hits match. Do you know anyone else with a 3DS who you see regularly?
11:22am 15/04/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
16255 posts
Nah, I'm yet to convince any of my friends to buy one, like I've taken it round and shown them and they all think its very cool but nobody else is buying one. Cheap bastards.
11:49am 15/04/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6565 posts
I just got a StreetPass while in Street Fighter. There weren't any Miis in the Plaza before I went into the game, and the light came on while I was going through the menus. Quit out, and there was a Mii in the Plaza. So no, it appears you don't have the have the system in sleep mode to get passes.
01:40pm 15/04/11 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
5261 posts
S***, I dunno why I answered only in Sleep Mode before. Just re-read what I wrote, and I knew very well it works while games are playing :( I think what I meant is it has to be in stand-by mode, but even I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that :(
Sorry.
02:12pm 15/04/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
1442 posts
Gotten 60 hits so far. Just walk from central to QUT and you'll easily get 10 hits. I've completed one puzzle, and I would of completed another by now, but I started on 5 different ones due to some people only having like 1 piece.
02:21pm 15/04/11 Permalink
Vash
2450 posts
I went to Sydney CBD yesterday and didnt get one hit. I thought there was something wrong with my 3DS since i got 1 hit near my hous which has next to no people wandering, and the CBD was packed.
02:41pm 15/04/11 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
1995 posts
Gotten 60 hits so far. Just walk from central to QUT and you'll easily get 10 hits. I've completed one puzzle, and I would of completed another by now, but I started on 5 different ones due to some people only having like 1 piece.

It's awesome cause i work at central, at lunch i walk from the station, down through queens plaza and get a hit at the eb games there, the dude behind the counter has a DS and works wednesdays - sundays, then i walk down the mall, turn at hjs and walk to the maccas, then inside and do a lap around the food court at target, then i either walk back to central or i head out the side door and go to timezone then walk back to central,

get 8+ hits a day easily with that path between 12-1:30

i also generally get a couple of hits to and from work on the cleveland line.
06:49pm 15/04/11 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
5264 posts
Not a single hit at either Melbourne Airport or Adelaide Airport. Booo :(
09:49pm 15/04/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6572 posts
Heh, that's odd, considering I got a hit in the tiny Cairns airport.
11:01pm 15/04/11 Permalink
Mosfxx
Gold Coast, Queensland
355 posts
Anyone know what the range is like on the streetpass and how fast it picks up the hit?
I've gotten some random hits at times, but when I actually try to get hits I get nothing :(
Also i have more female Mii's in my plaza than males =\ oh and one is asian?
05:36pm 16/04/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6573 posts
I got a StreetPass hit from someone named 'Mudkipz' in Indooroopilly today, and his personal greeting was "I liek you so hard." Made me laugh.
07:04pm 16/04/11 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
5267 posts
Adelaide airport, return to Melbourne, past the Virgin blue and Qantas domestic terminals: nothing. Got a single StreetPass at Rundle Mall on Friday night.

Boo :(

On an unrelated tangent, what's with the incredibly disproportionate amount of hotties in Adelaide?!!
08:03am 18/04/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6579 posts
I think that happens any time you go to a new city. Me (from Brissy) and some workmates (from Melbourne) were in Sydney and thought the same thing. Then after being there for 4 months, I stopped noticing. Then I came back to Brissy and started seeing hotties everywhere.

I'm not sure what the cause would be, but that's what happened.

Also, StreetPass.
09:26am 18/04/11 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
5269 posts
No, it's just Adelaide. You notice a slight difference in the way people dress etc when going from town to town, but in Adelaide it's like "wtf - where are all the average chicks?"

Also, StreetPass.
09:36am 18/04/11 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4379 posts

At about 2 minutes, it's like he read this thread.
04:32pm 28/04/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:32pm 28/04/11 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.