Call of Pripyat Complete is the third entry in the Complete mod series, which is a set of modifications created by professional artists dedicated to enhancing the production quality of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series. The Complete mod series emphasize on improving the original graphics, sound, and atmosphere of each game while preserving the core game elements. Built upon the success of Stalker Complete 2009, which was downloaded by one in every five S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl players, this entry in the Complete mod series is the cumulative culmination of the series� achievements in aesthetically updating the game without changing the original story or gameplay. Designed to meet the desires of new players and veterans alike, Call of Pripyat Complete unleashes the full potential of the latest, climactic chapter in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R and the Complete mod series.
Automatic .exe installer, compatible with XP, Vista, Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit. Works with Steam.
This installer automates the core installation steps you would normally have to do manually.
Important: The save files from mod version 1.0 are only compatible with 1.0.2 Advanced (see below).
Designed for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat version 1.6.02 (works with Steam).
The 1.0.2 version features two installation versions to choose between:
Normal - A well balanced combination of graphical features designed to stay within the original game's system requirements. This version is recommended for most systems to ensure a trouble-free gaming experience, especially if using 32-bit Windows, a laptop, or only moderate hardware.
Advanced - Offering a much greater variety in weather conditions and NPC appearances, this version is designed to take full advantage of high performance 64-bit systems with 4GB or more of system memory and at least 1GB of GPU memory. Select this version if you have an enthusiast-level system and are comfortable with significantly increasing the system resource demand.
You may change which mod version you have at any time through uninstalling & then reinstalling the mod. However, while the Normal version saves are compatible with the Advanced version, the Advanced version saves are not compatible with the Normal version.
There are a few issues that may potentially occur on some systems using the Advanced version of the mod due to higher memory requirements:
- General Issues: Crashes on game startup, when loading a save, changing levels, opening crates, during emissions, etc.
- 32-bit Windows: The game engine runs out of memory when loading textures (mostly on 32-bit systems, older generation video cards, laptops, and other lower-spec systems), regardless of GPU manufacturer or how much memory you have installed.
- ATi Crossfire: There seems to be a specific issue with the latest Catalyst drivers which affects the ATi Crossfire systems when running the mod in DX10/11. If this affects you, learn more at the rage3d forums.
Suggested workarounds for the above issues include:
- Move the Texture Detail slider to 75% or less (applies to both Nvidia and ATi users). There's no noticeable loss in visual quality, but the game becomes much more stable while retaining all the DX10/11 enhancements.
- Use DX9 settings (applies to both Nvidia and ATi users).
- ATi Users: Disable Crossfire (if applicable).
- ATi Users: Roll back to last known compatible Catalyst 10.7 drivers (only works on the 5xxx series and below).