Serious Sam II by Croteam - retail v2.070 patch
Changes in 2.070.00 patch:
- Serious Editor 2 (modeler, level editor, code editor, and more) is now bundled with the patch!
- Lightwave import/export plugins are bundled with the patch!
- fixed weapons disappearing in deathmatch
- fixed several small issues and rare crashes
For detailed info about the tools, please click on the "Serious Editor 2 Help" document in the Start Menu, or start Serious Editor 2 and press F1. You can also find this file installed in the Help/ directory.
Example content mentioned in the tutorials within the help file will be made available for download as a separate file. It was not included in the patch to keep its size reasonable.
For installation of Lightwave plugins see the "Serious Editor 2 Help". If you want to create converters for other applications, the interchange file format will be documented shortly.
Changes in 2.068.00 patch:
- Implemented Deathmatch game mode
- It is now possible to execute a script file from the console (exec script.cfg)
- Added samListPlayers() console command - displays the list of all players in the 'playerindex playername' format.
- Implemented banning of players by IP address (permanent or temporary).
- Implemented map list and map rotation - map list can be specified either in a cvar or through a file.
- Added falling damage.
- Added damage impact - knockback from explosions.
- Increased player speed for deathmatch games (12.5 m/s).
- In DM, player runs faster when using the chainsaw.
- Players drop the current weapon when killed (DM only).
- It is now posible to disable items, weapons and powerups.
- Player can be gibbed (DM only).
- Implemented the in-game voting system (votes for next map, map restart, kicking players, temporary player ban).
- Added the 'only if stronger' option to auto weapon change setting.
- Chat message sound is much louder now.
- Added support for multi-core in physics solver (disabled by default).
Changes in 2.066.00 patch:
- Added dedicated server support (see DedicatedServer.txt in the patch).
- Vertical slider next to some lists (e.g. server list) now reacts to mouse clicks and movement.
- Server list can now be properly used with the mouse.
- Fixed scrolling of some lists (levels, profiles).
- Swapped function of up/down arrows in some menu screens.
- Options boxes (yes/no and similar) now cycle options - selecting the last option and going to the 'next' one will go back to the first option and vice versa.
- Netricsa icon will no longer appear if subtitles are turned off.
- Playing with high ping time (>500ms) caused strange things to happen for clients (dying immediately after respawning, being unable to turn off cheats...).
- Difficulty setting wasn't properly restored when loading a saved game.
- Match details menu screen now displays the server version. It will be displayed in RED if the servers version doesn't match the clients.
- Version number in the main menu is now more visible.
- Added a beep sound when a new line appears in the chat console.
- Added support for resolutions with strange aspect ratio (namely, 1280x1024).
- In cooperative games, info for all players (name, health, armor) is displayed on the right part of the screen.
- Added an option to profile settings ("always pick up items") to disable picking items when not needed (e.g. ammo if already at max ammo).
- Servers can now be password protected via the 'net_strConnectPassword' cvar.
- To join a password protected server, the client mus set the password string to 'net_strConnectPassword' cvar.
- Added the 'samListPlayers()' console command to list all players in format 'playerindex: playername'.
- Bloom effect now works properly in HDR mode on ATI X1000 series boards (no more pixelization).
- Added controling compatibility mode for DirectSound mixing ("software emulation" in "audio options" menu).
- Fixed problem with sound playback and mouse input on multi-(core-)CPU systems.
- Fixed wrong performance detection on Intel integrated graphics chips.
- Fixed wrong profiler timings under dual-core CPUs.
- When toggling HDR mode while using FSAA, cfunc 'gfxRestart()' is now required.
- Weapon can't be changed while recoiling.
- Added message for recently picked items.
- Game can't be quick loaded in multiplayer.
- Fixed jerky movie playback on slower CPUs.
- Added option to automatically quit the game after demo benchmarking is finished (cvar 'bmk_bAutoQuit=1', best to use it as command line param, "+bmk_bAutoQuit 1").
Changes in 2.064.00 patch:
-Customize keys menu screen is now more mouse friendly.
-Mouse movement is ignored during key binding process (customize keys menu screen).
-Mouse buttons 4 and 5 are now supported (through the customize keys menu screen).
-Cheats button will no more appear on the main menu screen when the user is advised to adjust video settings for the first time.
-Questionable picture has been removed from the multiplayer menu screen.
-Virtual keyboard has been removed from the enter text (enter name) menu screen.
-If a profile is created after clicking on the 'Internet' button, the user is now correctly taken to the GameSpy menu screen.
-Quick saved game will now appear at the top of the saved games list (both for load and save game menu screens).
-Fixed problems with connecting to game servers over the internet.
-Internet server sorting now works correctly (through the 'Find match' menu screen).
-Popup menus used to enter server IP address now have button bars at the bottom to provide mouse functionality.
-Selected row in a list doesn't change any more if mouse is moved over the list while a popup menu is displayed.