Pre-alpha test build of Miner Wars, a 6DOF interior and space shooter played in a fully destructible environment featuring single player, co-op, and standard multi-player modes, with an MMOG in the planning stages.
The Miner Wars Test Build is accessible only to customers. The Test Build is updated more frequently than the Public Build, but it's less stable. The current version is PRE-ALPHA. Your Miner Wars Test Build username and password is required.
As a player, you operate an advanced mining ship in an open world asteroid belt area. You dig kilometers of tunnels, harvest the ore, travel the solar system, fight your enemies and discover mysterious alien secrets.
If players decide they would like to play the full game, they are able to simply purchase an account upgrade on www.minerwars.com and play immediately!
Please note: This is a PRE-ALPHA and still currently in a very early state of production. It should be considered a work in progress. Updates and features are added regularly.
(Subject to change – Minimum Requirements will be ascertained during beta testing)
* CPU: 2.0 GHz
* RAM: 1GB (1.5GB on Windows Vista)
* Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 6 series or better, ATI Radeon R520 (X1300-X1950) or better, Intel GMA X3000 or better. Requires at least Pixel-Shader 3.0. More info
* Video Memory: 128 MB
* Hard Drive: 3 GB
* Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
* Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Vista
* DirectX: DX9.0c or DX10
* Network: Active internet connection during installation and during game play!
New Test Build Update
Today’s game development news are mostly associated with extension to the first mission. Your first objective now is to destroy energy generators in a space station. The station is hidden inside an asteroid. After the destruction of the generators, you have to run away quickly, since the whole station will explode! Sector for the first mission also now contains new mother ship.
New or updated features:
- HUD notifications for damage, incoming enemy, solar flare, low fuel.
- New faction-specific prefabs for Russia, China and Fourth Reich.
- Prefab and missile explosions now damage all objects nearby (area damage).
- New server code – you need to connect to our server only when loading a mission or checkpoint or saving/loading your sector in the editor - other than that, you can stay offline.
- Many optimizations, minor improvements and fixes.